I need advice to choose my life

JohnF

Hey everyone, my name is John. I'm 17 years old. Now I have finished high school.

I want to join in Military (maybe Navy, USMC), but my mother doesn't want this. My father was in the Navy SEALs, now he's retired.

We decided I will study computer science, I know good math, computer, physics. But I really want to join in Military.

How can I convince my mother?
What can I tell my father?
Or can I join in Military after a college? Or maybe something else?

But I really would like to make a military career.

Answers in bold.

Hey everyone, my name is John. I'm 17 years old. Now I have finished high school.

I want to join in Military (maybe Navy, USMC), but my mother doesn't want this. My father was in the Navy SEALs, now he's retired.

We decided I will study computer science, I know good math, computer, physics. But I really want to join in Military.
You can go to college and take ROTC to become an officer. Or you can enlist first, do your four years, get out and then go to college with benefits, do ROTC and then become an officer.

How can I convince my mother?
You can't.
What can I tell my father?
You don't need to tell him anything.
Or can I join in Military after a college? Or maybe something else?
Yes.

But I really would like to make a military career.

I'd recommend that you apply for a scholarship from each of the miltary branches. Plenty of them to go around.

Regardless, take ROTC at the university. The elective courses are fun, interesting, and help your overall GPA. Plus, it is just easier to get your commission that way upon graduation.

You also might want to consider joining the Guard or Reserve while in college. Best of luck.

Yeah why not just get your degree and go into the military as an officer and use the computer science skills to get a good paying officer job. That would make more sense if you are good at math etc then just going into a general infantry type of job and going to college once you were out.

Back