Nazis tested nuclear weapons before Americans!

"Karlsch acknowledged that he has no positive proof the Nazis conducted a nuclear test blast, but hopes that his book will provoke more research."

We call that a pot boiler here.

Another pot boiler. The Nazi sub is well known. It was on its way to Japan actually. Interesting that he's speaking at a museum in Los Alamos. An effort to gain credibility? "I spoke in Los Alamos..."

Why would we need Nazi uranium when there's plenty of it here?

Here's another thought for you. If the Nazis had perfected the nuclear bomb, why in God's name would they have _not _ used it on the Russians? They let Berlin come down around their ears, Hitler ordered the complete destruction of the nation, and they have a nuke they _didn't_ use??? Thanks for the comedy guys!

Charge_7 said:
Another pot boiler. The Nazi sub is well known. It was on its way to Japan actually. Interesting that he's speaking at a museum in Los Alamos. An effort to gain credibility? "I spoke in Los Alamos..."

Why would we need Nazi uranium when there's plenty of it here?

Here's another thought for you. If the Nazis had perfected the nuclear bomb, why in God's name would they have _not _ used it on the Russians? They let Berlin come down around their ears, Hitler ordered the complete destruction of the nation, and they have a nuke they _didn't_ use??? Thanks for the comedy guys!

Well,if they did not use is because it was not ready for using it.

The German heavy water supplies were also bombed often by RAF/US bombers. Without that, a proper nuclear weapon could not be made....

They simply ran out of time. That is why plans for trying to deliver a dirty bomb to America became their number one project. Uranium or Plutonium do not a bomb make. There was still that nasty problem that Oppenheimer's group solved, making the perfectly timed trigger device.

Kilgore said:
The German heavy water supplies were also bombed often by RAF/US bombers. Without that, a proper nuclear weapon could not be made....

Actually I think that the heavy water plant was destroyed by a Norweian comand.

Yeah i heard the norweigians played a part in the destruction of heavy water supplies. However i remember somewhere that RAF bombers did bomb these places early in the war.

Imagine though.... the germans had the V-2 and if they had atomic weapons... well... that would be a dangerous combination.

Kilgore said:
Yeah i heard the norweigians played a part in the destruction of heavy water supplies. However i remember somewhere that RAF bombers did bomb these places early in the war.

Imagine though.... the germans had the V-2 and if they had atomic weapons... well... that would be a dangerous combination.

Yes, you are right, the RAF bombed it, but any bomb hit the targets;that´s why they had to send comando, they needed people thet knew the place and used to the weather conditions, that´s why the used norwien comandos.

Back