Nazis tested nuclear weapons before Americans!

--
Boots

March 14th, 2005  
Red_Army

Topic: Nazis tested nuclear weapons before Americans!

This is an interesting article everyone should see. The Nazis had the bomb, but never used it in combat.

Very Good Source http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu....ap/index.html
March 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

"Karlsch acknowledged that he has no positive proof the Nazis conducted a nuclear test blast, but hopes that his book will provoke more research."

We call that a pot boiler here.
March 14th, 2005  
Corocotta

This is another interesting book:

http://www.lanl.gov/orgs/pa/newsbull...8/text04.shtml

I know it sound strange, but you never know...
--
Boots
March 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

Another pot boiler. The Nazi sub is well known. It was on its way to Japan actually. Interesting that he's speaking at a museum in Los Alamos. An effort to gain credibility? "I spoke in Los Alamos..."

Why would we need Nazi uranium when there's plenty of it here?

Here's another thought for you. If the Nazis had perfected the nuclear bomb, why in God's name would they have _not _ used it on the Russians? They let Berlin come down around their ears, Hitler ordered the complete destruction of the nation, and they have a nuke they _didn't_ use??? Thanks for the comedy guys!
March 14th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Another pot boiler. The Nazi sub is well known. It was on its way to Japan actually. Interesting that he's speaking at a museum in Los Alamos. An effort to gain credibility? "I spoke in Los Alamos..."

Why would we need Nazi uranium when there's plenty of it here?

Here's another thought for you. If the Nazis had perfected the nuclear bomb, why in God's name would they have _not _ used it on the Russians? They let Berlin come down around their ears, Hitler ordered the complete destruction of the nation, and they have a nuke they _didn't_ use??? Thanks for the comedy guys!
Well,if they did not use is because it was not ready for using it.
March 14th, 2005  
Kilgore

The German heavy water supplies were also bombed often by RAF/US bombers. Without that, a proper nuclear weapon could not be made....
March 14th, 2005  
Missileer

They simply ran out of time. That is why plans for trying to deliver a dirty bomb to America became their number one project. Uranium or Plutonium do not a bomb make. There was still that nasty problem that Oppenheimer's group solved, making the perfectly timed trigger device.
March 15th, 2005  
Corocotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore
The German heavy water supplies were also bombed often by RAF/US bombers. Without that, a proper nuclear weapon could not be made....
Actually I think that the heavy water plant was destroyed by a Norweian comand.
March 15th, 2005  
lemontree

The Nazis were no where near a nuke, they were conducting research, but that is all.
March 15th, 2005  
Kilgore

Yeah i heard the norweigians played a part in the destruction of heavy water supplies. However i remember somewhere that RAF bombers did bomb these places early in the war.

Imagine though.... the germans had the V-2 and if they had atomic weapons... well... that would be a dangerous combination.