Nazi apologist jailed for 3 years for denying the Holocaust

It's a disgrace, to take away someones liberty for disputing a version of history is ridiculous, if historians were banned from looking into and questioning historical facts then we would all have nothing but the official versions goverments and what the military put out and we would all be worse off for it.

It has to do with a long scientific tradition in the 70's where they used to pull everything into doubt via the "relativity" of everything. Historical facts were made redundant not by proving the wrong, but just by saying "it's your perception but can you prove it? All these picture's are fake!" Only eyewitnesses were somewhat credible, but these grow thin over time.

As a freedom of speech kinda thing I don't mind. As a judicial issue, he broke the law end of discussion. As a scientific research, let him prove his points and not try to discredit other views.

In short: I think he's a dunce who just got the short end of the stick.

Irving

Irving will not become a martyr!

Come on guys. Did Zundel become one when the Canadian government kicked him out and sent him back to Germany? No. Nor did Hitler achieve success when he emerged from Landsberg prison. The "Führer" had to wait until the world descended into economic chaos, with millions of unemployed roaming the streets, before a healthy portion (around 40%) of German society fell to his lies. And the context of the 20s and 30s was utterly different from today.

There simply are not enough retards out there willing and able to fashion a really dangerous neo-nazi movement. The wonderfully sensationalist boys and girls at CNN (or was it the BBC?) might suggest that this is possible, but the few thousand skins are irrelevant in our society. They sit on the margins, drink beer (itself a good thing) and chant a few Hitler slogans. I fail to see any threat.

The radical right, no matter what certain people seem to believe, will never come back. Why? The rule of law. It is that simple. I am unsure of whether we even need legal protection in the face of such an obscure threat, but let us be on the safe side. We should protect our democratic traditions and the sanctity of human life. We do not know what other groups might emerge. Practice makes perfect.

Denying the holocaust is in any case so much more than simple historical opinion. It is becoming symbolic (look at Iran) of a more sinister attack on western culture itself. What Irving is saying between the lines is important. He is somehow whitewashing nazism, branding democratic societies as liars, leaning on the myth of Judaic world domination, etc. He should have known better (he did recant!)

Ollie Garchy

Try not mixing up "skins" and neo-nazis too much. There's a lot of skinheads out there who are apolitical or even anti-racist (closer to the punk-scene)

Quit putting salt on all the snails Mohmar! OF course mainstream Skins and Sharp (Skinheads against racial prejudice) aren't Nazi-skins. But I doubt that these groups will agitate against the Irving trial. So it would be safe to assume that the skins that do speak out are in fact Nazi-Skins.

No we don't! We just say things very carefully and very open to many interpretations. So we talk very much and say very little. That is what you get for being a trading nation for the past 500 years.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Try not mixing up "skins" and neo-nazis too much. There's a lot of skinheads out there who are apolitical or even anti-racist (closer to the punk-scene)
B******t, there are very few Sharp or traditional skins. Even in Germany they are a minority.
Trust me.This is the one area I do profess to be an expert on.

The soap may not be made of Jews Irving, but you best not drop it !!
I hope he serves his porridge in HELL!!!!

When I was still active in the skin-scene back in the early '90s I reckon less then 15% was nazi-skin. The percantage of Sharps might have been less, but most of us liked a beer, a woman and lots of Ska. We could party with the rude boys and all other two tone lovers..... But I can't tell you what the numbers are nowadays.

No it doesn't Mohmar!! Skinhead is a way of life. You have your own bars, music, haircuts, cloting etiquettes...... It is so much more then just cropped hair. But one is already judged on a shaven skull alone.

(Tip: read "the spirit of '69, the Skinhead Bible" that will give you a great insight to this phenomenon. You'll immidiatly see how little the racial issue plays a role.)

Oh alright. I don't care about those kinds of labels (skinhead, stoner, punker...just to mention some that have been applied to me by others in the past) too much anyway.

I'll put that book on my maybe-list :)

I take it that when you were in the scene, Ted, you were neither a racetard, nor a SHARPtard?

I was just a guy who liked a drink, good music and boat loads of fun. I still do actually but the hair is longer due to my job! I only shaved it when I go hiking for a couple of weeks. Nothing beats a shaved skull in nature! :)

Haha, be wary of eagles and hawks though! I heard they drop captured turtles onto rocks to smash them open. One time an eagle mistook a bald head for a rock with fatal consequences!

When ppl called me a skinhead, I think they did so jokingly because it was cut very short (not totally shaven) after a year or so of not trimming it.

Back