In the Navy

Damien435

Video

Yes, that is how I feel right now. Four years of trying to get into the military, one knee surgery, three times rejected by MEPS, once medically discharged, two-time underwear Olympian, and one waiver later and it appears I'm going into the Navy. Some of you might recall that I blew out my knee right before basic, the Army told me to come back in six months (which then became one year and then never) and have been trying for two years now to get into the Army. Well that door was finally shut permanently but now it appears that the Navy is coming to the rescue, my recruiter swore up and down on a stack of bibles that the navy docs would let me in even if MEPS denies me, as he said they would do for sure.

I don't know anything about the Navy though, my family has been Army since WWII and I've spent the last four years assuming that I would be joining the Army. I don't even know what job I would want in the Navy, I just want to serve my country some way or another. I know I shouldn't get too excited about this, but after years of dead ends, roadblocks, wrong turns and trap doors it feels nice to get just a little bit of hope.

Now I have to learn a thing or two about the Navy and choose an MOS. Any sailors out there wanna throw a dog a bone? I would like to be a pararescue jumper if the Navy has that or the equivalent but if that's not an option I would kind of like something related to gunnery or radar/sonar man. I was going to be a medic in the Guard, I bet the Navy has that as an option too. Any and all suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hey you're serving your country. Who cares what uniform you wear?
And plus, you're persistent. You know how easily so many people give up?

If the Canadian Army doesn't work out for any evil twist of fate, it's the navy with me.

I'd be a Naval Combat Systems Enginner (as we call 'em in Canada). You take care of all the weaponry on the boat and such. Sounds real fun in my perspective. I know you maintain the weapons but no sure if you fire them. Just a thought on a career choice seeing as how the Army isn't gonna work for you. I really feel sad for you situation, my prayers are with you.

Back