Navy or Marines?

C/LT Coleman

Since I was about 8, I've wanted to go into the military. At first I wanted to go into the Navy, not really knowing what it's all about. This past year I've developed great interest in the Marine Corps. I'm kind of on the fence with this decision. I will be a junior this year so I still have time to decide, but does anyone have any opinion on the Navy or Marine Corps?

What would you like to do in the military? If you are in JROTC for more than 3 years. Navy will rise your rank up to E-2. But Marines, don't. But Marines has a good leadership. No offense, please.

What o you want to do in the military? Personally, I choose the Marine Corps. Its a really tight group. Even after you retire from it, you are still a Marine, and if one Marine sees another, they pretty always talk to each other, and do things for each other. Its like a family. Parris Island (or San Diego) will be alot more strenuous than Navy Basic is. If you want more of a challange (and more of a reward) join the Marines.

It all depends on what you want to do in the Military. With the Marines, you'll be seeing more combat than with the Navy, but as previously stated, you're part of a vast brotherhood (twice the size of the Canadian Regular Force, I might add).

With the Navy, you have an easier Basic Training, and there's a bigger chance you'll be commanding ships. I'm also partial to the Navy, as I am a Canadian Naval Officer.

Obviously, both branches have their other trades, but what I just said is the large portion.

It all depends on what you really want out of the Military, and what you believe you're capable of doing.

I hope this helps.

rotc boy said:
Marines give you an extra rank after boot if you have JROTC for 3 years...

I thought Marines can't do that. They told it only for the Army, Navy, and Air Force.

Okay....thanks. So, what would you like to do in the Military? Officer or enlist?

Definitely Officer, I want to go to USNA or apply for an ROTC scholarship, but you have to put which branch you choose on the application. If I don't get into USNA, I am looking into NorwichU because they focus a lot on leadership. If I go to NorwichU, I want to major in Psychology and minor in leadership.

Okay, I see you are in Navy JROTC. So...I think if Navy JROTC does help you knows about Navy more than any branches of service. If you want a good leadership. I think Marines would be good for you if you are interesting to be a lead the platoon or what. Do you want to be an infantry in the Marines?

Fox said:
Okay, I see you are in Navy JROTC. So...I think if Navy JROTC does help you knows about Navy more than any branches of service. If you want a good leadership. I think Marines would be good for you if you are interesting to be a lead the platoon or what. Do you want to be an infantry in the Marines?

I can't exactly go infantry, I'm a girl.

I think girls can do the combat. When my brother was in Marines. His old platoon leader is a girl. She is Captain of the Marines.

Women in the military arent allowed to be sent into combat. In the Marines they train them to shoot and fight in case they get attacked, but they arent sent anywhere to actually fight.

Yeah, he's right. Well, Coleman, if you likes to travel the world. That would be goes to the Navy if you would like to be on the ship. I think girl can take a command of the ship.

C/LT Coleman said:
Definitely Officer, I want to go to USNA or apply for an ROTC scholarship, but you have to put which branch you choose on the application. If I don't get into USNA, I am looking into NorwichU because they focus a lot on leadership. If I go to NorwichU, I want to major in Psychology and minor in leadership.
Hey that's what I want to do!

Back