Is NATO still necessary

I agree That NATO Was useful in the past, but now a days its just as likely that cuntries ally to aid eachother in conflict anyway, becuase there is only one superpower now, This fact is illustrated in Operation Iraqi Freedom were there was no NATO involvment, as for China and the eastern Communist bloc, I heard a report at the beginning of the war that stated that the war in Iraq was popular with them,
To hit on the rest of the subject. If China did suddenly start expanding which I think is unlikley right now, I think America and all her allies, plus Russia, and Korea would all Ally against China. I think China realizes this and this is why they have not attacked any one if they were even planning to. Also I don't think China can afford to attack Russia and still have enough resources left to continue expanding, considering that China attcks Russia and the world doesn't react at all, which I think we all know to be very very unlikely, considering what we learned in WWI about alliances.

Hard Corp. said:
I agree That NATO Was useful in the past, but now a days its just as likely that cuntries ally to aid eachother in conflict anyway, becuase there is only one superpower now, This fact is illustrated in Operation Iraqi Freedom were there was no NATO involvment, as for China and the eastern Communist bloc, I heard a report at the beginning of the war that stated that the war in Iraq was popular with them,
To hit on the rest of the subject. If China did suddenly start expanding which I think is unlikley right now, I think America and all her allies, plus Russia, and Korea would all Ally against China. I think China realizes this and this is why they have not attacked any one if they were even planning to. Also I don't think China can afford to attack Russia and still have enough resources left to continue expanding, considering that China attcks Russia and the world doesn't react at all, which I think we all know to be very very unlikely, considering what we learned in WWI about alliances.

I think this is pretty much spot on.
I strongly doubt China will attack Russia to get to NATO mainly because regardless of what technology China may potentially develope any attack on Russia would more than likely leave them glowing in the dark.

I think its simply time to face a future with China as a superpower.

Russia and NATO still have remained hostile to each other. The Russian Defense Ministry becomes very angered if one of NATO registered aircraft are to actually land in one of the former Warsaw Pact nations without informing Russia. NATO is no longer efficient but perhaps it is the remaining strategic partnerships between the US and Europe that still considered a great importance as well.

The reason I think NATO should go on is because it is made up of Western Democracies which share a common trait. A threat to one of these should be a concern to all in the group.
Hopefully NATO can last, whether it does I don't know.

But I really don't believe that Russia or China will be the danger in the future, the danger will come from another power. Hopefully the NATO alliance is still intact.

We have to maintain regional alliances. The UN is a total and utter failure, because Soverign nations are bogged down in about a million legislations they must follow to defend themselves or their allies, protect their soverignty etc.
In S.E Asia, predominatly Indonesia, The Philipines and Malaysia, the biggest problem is not China, but Terrorisim. Our Little Johnny, is trying to workout treaties with our neighbours to conduct Pre-emptive stirkes on terrorist organisations in the region. Mostly Jemha Islamia, because they hit Bali, and the Aussie embassy in Jakarta, and anyone who thinks we won't here from them anytime soon is IMO a complete moron. Threats were made against or aid workers in Ache in January. We are all looking here at a possible threat from a regular army that answers to a stable Government, the real problem is groups of Sadistic Pyscopaths who answer to themselves. These "people" have struck us before and will strike again. I say keep these Alliances to combat the new Threat, the scourge that is Terrorisim

gladius said:
The reason I think NATO should go on is because it is made up of Western Democracies which share a common trait. A threat to one of these should be a concern to all in the group.

But I really don't believe that Russia or China will be the danger in the future, the danger will come from another power. Hopefully the NATO alliance is still intact.

And what power would that be,gladius?

Hard Corp. said:
gladius said:

He means his Islamic 'Prophet of Doom' who will take over the world. :D

Doppleganger said:
Hard Corp. said:
gladius said:

He means his Islamic 'Prophet of Doom' who will take over the world. :D

I never said he would take over the world but he will try and he will come close to doing so, just like Hitler did.

Hard Corp, if you want as more in depth explanation check out my thread;

The rising of an Empire and the future invasion of Europe!

Which btw Doc.S say is the best thread on this forum, you know what, I'll go ahead and agree with him.

My best evidence is not my words alone, but the Muslims themsleves in this forum who have already posted that they believe without a doubt that this will happen.

Back