National Guardsman Brutally Attacked In Pierce County

Easy-8

National Guardsman Brutally Attacked In Pierce County

POSTED: 4:33 pm PDT August 30, 2006
UPDATED: 6:15 pm PDT August 30, 2006

PARKLAND, Wash. -- The Pierce County Sheriff's Department is searching for five people who allegedly attacked a uniformed National Guardsmen walking along 138th Street in Parkland Tuesday afternoon.

The soldier was walking to a convenience store when a sport utility vehicle pulled up alongside him and the driver asked if he was in the military and if he had been in any action.

The driver then got out of the vehicle, displayed a gun and shouted insults at the victim. Four other suspects exited the vehicle and knocked the soldier down, punching and kicking him.

“And during the assault the suspects called him a baby killer. At that point they got into the car and drove off and left him on the side of the road,” Detective Ed Troyer with the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

The suspects were driving a black Chevy Suburban-type SUV.

“This is something new for us, we have not had military people assaulted because they were in the military or somebody's opposition to a war or whatever,” Troyer said.

The driver is described as a white male, 25-30 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall, heavy build, short blond hair, wearing a black T-shirt and jeans, and armed with a handgun.

The vehicle's passengers are described as white males, 20-25 years old. Some of the suspects wore red baseball hats and red sweatshirts during the attack.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Department is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and charging of the individuals involved. Informants can call 253-591-5959, and callers will remain anonymous.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/9765757/detail.html

those guys have balls, starting a 5 on 1 fight with a gun. someone needs to find these guys, and their punishment should be they get to fight the company the guardsmen belongs to.

Well, it looks like I'm going hunting in that area. I'll wear my hunting gear (which is my old DCUs). Expect when I go hunting, I bring a pistol too.

Beating up soldiers for... peace? WTFH? Hypocrasy at its finest.

If they posted pics of these guys, me and my boys would jump em. And if they pull a pistol, well, we got guns too. Self-defense.

man, that's just low. hope the guardsman's unit finds them before the cops do (not meaning to undermine law enforcement, just those guys need to be taught a severe lesson)

therise21 said:
those guys have balls, starting a 5 on 1 fight with a gun. someone needs to find these guys, and their punishment should be they get to fight the company the guardsmen belongs to.
That sounds like the appropriate punishment.

I just spent 10 minutes typig out what kinds of punishments these guys should get. Then I deleted it after I felt a little better.

These scumbags need to get everything they deserve and more.

I pray that they get it.

Washington State's too far away...And white male 20-25 years old...That doesnt exactly narrow it down much...I really hope they get found, and punished. SERVERELY. I hold a certain soft spot for the Guard considering most of my family was in it. So, I'm hoping they got REALLY good kicks outta it while they could, because they're going to have hell to pay.

If they're where I think they are, then they might be ultra liberal college pogues (most likely disgruntled drop outs). I was going through the Seattle/Tacoma area recently, and they can be quite aggressive in their practice of the 1st amendment.

It would be hard to find them, but there are ways to flush them out. Have the NG unit wear civvies and one wear BDUs/ACUs, then let them come to you. I would let the cops in on it too, for legal reasons.

this wouldn't happen in my hometown. We would riot in the streets looking for these clowns. I pity the fools.

This, to me, represents the ultimate breakdown of appreciation for men who wear the uniform and give their lives for the welfare of these people. The more I go through life, the more I see that my generation is spoiled and does not recognize what it cost in blood and sacrifice to attain the freedoms we now enjoy.

It's pretty bad when a man has to start carrying a belly gun just to go shopping, especially a soldier. I wonder if this falls under a Federal crime, maybe hate crime?

I wonder if this falls under a Federal crime, maybe hate crime?

I thought assault was a federal crime, no? Hate crime, definitely in my book. However, if prosecutors even muttered the word hate crime, media of all outlets would have to play the race card, which is unfortunate in this day and age where the word "hate" is so readily associated with "race," especially in this case which it has nothing to do with the attack. People hating people is bad enough, but people hating ideas and acting upon their anger is something else.

If he was a reservist or active duty I wonder if that would fall under assaulting a federal employee? Much like a judge or other federal official?

He is surely a state employee at least part time. So perhaps that can be grounds?

Perhaps I am wrong. Maybe it is onlye elected officals and such. But maybe we can get some kind of motion going. Any kind of assault on an elected federal or state offical carries a stiffer penalty than it would on non-elected persons.

In Florida any crime of battery on a soldier (NG of Federal) would fall under Battery on a Police Officer/Fire Fighter Statue. Which would automatically bump it up to a felony of the first degree. Which means some serious prison time. Also, the Federal Government can charge the punks with a crime after the state does. This does not fall under the Double Jeopardy clause because the person is being charged with breaking two crimes. A state one and a federal one. So after they serve their time in a state prison. They can serve their time in a federal prison too.

Back