Nat Geo Mission Udaan : Inside the Indian Airforce

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Some photos of the Indian Air Force from National Geographic Channel : Mission Udaan Inside the Indian Air Force,

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Hi,

BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ said:
Good pictures, but what kind of planes are those? I'm not very familiar with Indian Air Force.

As you can see, IAF Flies many Different Types of Aircrafts ............Ranging From the French- Mirage 2000 To Russian - MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25, MiG-27, MiG-29, Su -30MK , Su-30MKI To United Kingdom & French Joint vanture - Jaguars.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Nice mix of old and new.

I was suprised to see Jaguars in there, are they buying our and the French air forces old ones?

I love the jaguar, my bro was based at RAF coltishall and went up in a two seater version.

Hi,

PrivatePyle said:
Nice mix of old and new.

I was suprised to see Jaguars in there, are they buying our and the French air forces old ones?

I love the jaguar, my bro was based at RAF coltishall and went up in a two seater version.

India acquired the Jaguar strike fighter to meet the IAF's Deep Penetration Strike Aircraft (DPSA) requirement to replace the Canberra and Hunter aircraft........... on July 1979 India Got the Frist batch of ex-RAF Jaguars Jaguars ........... These were followed by a batch of U.K. built Jaguars .................... simultaneouslyIndia begane Indegnious Production of Jaguars .......... HAL started Producing the aircraft, its powerplants, avionics and accessories in India.

Indi's No.6 Squadron was equipped with the Maritime Jaguar carrying the new generation Sea Eagle anti-ship sea-skimming missile.......... The Jaguar strike fighter was equipped also with Magic air-to-air missiles on unique overwing pylons, featured advanced nay-attack systems.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

nice transformation.....

but seriously...Indians and Chinese should start to make more of their own airplanes.....

stop giving money to those big foreign corporations..

Hi,

chinese-canadian said:
nice transformation.....

but seriously...Indians and Chinese should start to make more of their own airplanes.....

stop giving money to those big foreign corporations..

They are making Progress in that regard also ...... But Don't Expect them to Straight away come up with Some 5 th generatio Stuff ...... and it's not easy to Spare Money on the R&D and at the same time mantain the same level of Aircraft ......

India is Workig on LCA Tejas and MCA and China to of FC-1 , J-10 and a few others ...

phoenix80 said:
Is there any logistical nightmare for the IAF for having a mixture of Western and Soviets' aircrafts?

That's been a hallmark of India Unity in Diversity :pirate2: ...... You might be Surprised to know Just One SU-30MKI that India makes has Inputs from 5 Countries ;)

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Hi,

phoenix80 said:
Is there any logistical nightmare for the IAF for having a mixture of Western and Soviets' aircrafts?

The IAF started off with the British Vampire, French Ouragan, British Canberra, Hunter and Gnat inducted during the 1950's .......followed by the French Mystere I

Only during the early 1960s changed course to procure the Russian MIG 21 and other later inductions like the MIG 23, MIG 25, MIG 27 and the MIG 29 ...... In the intervening period of 1980's the IAF obtained Western fighter aircraft like the Anglo-French Jaguar and the French Mirage ....... Thereafter the IAF again opted for the Russian Sukhoi 30 in 1997.

Apart from the IAF’s fighter aircraft fleet even its transport and helicopter fleet are composed primarily of Russian Illyushin 76 and Antonov 32 and Mi 17, Mi 25 attack helicopter, Mi 26 heavy lift helicopter.......... and some recent inductions of Brazilian Embraer business jets for the IAF’s VIP Communication squadron and Russian Illyushin 78 mid-air refueller aircraft.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Hi,

Legendary Mig 25 Foxbat Farewall:salute:

A reconnaisance aircraft equipped with powerful cameras and sensors was unique in combining spectacular speed (Mach 3) ... Maximum operational altitude: Carrying two missiles, 78,740 feet (for maximum two minutes duration)..... carrying four missiles, 68,900 feet is maximum........ Can go the Fastest and the Highest and their Pilots Wore Sapce Suits

mig29m0fc.jpg

^
MiG-25 [KP355] of No.35 Squadron during the Phasing out ceremony

mig29m0fc.jpg

^

mig29m7kj.jpg

^

SEPECAT Jaguar

mig29x6ak.jpg

^