NASCAR and Jimmy Johnson

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
If Jimmy Johnson wins another title this year, I will NOT watch it anymore. It is stupid to see the same guy win. I will be over it.

The season isn't over yet TI. As things stand right now, there are just 20 points between Carl Edwards in first and Kyle Busch in eighth. As for Johnson, he may have won, but unlike past years where he would leave Kansas with the lead and never look back, he's sitting third in the points. With NASCAR having revamped the points system this year, it is essentially anybodies championship at this point, and could very well stay that way until Homestead.

UPDATE: As of last night's race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, there has been a major points shake-up. It's looking mighty slim that either Johnson or Gordon will be winning the championship.

1 -- Carl Edwards, 2203, Leader
2 -- Kevin Harvick, 2198, -5
3 +2 Matt Kenseth, 2196, -7
4 +4 Kyle Busch, 2185, -18
5 +2 Tony Stewart, 2179, -24
6 -2 Brad Keselowski, 2178, -25
7 -1 Kurt Busch, 2176, -27
8 -5 Jimmie Johnson, 2168, -35
9 -- Dale Earnhardt Jr., 2143, -60
10 +1 Ryan Newman, 2142, -61
11 -1 Jeff Gordon, 2137, -66
12 -- Denny Hamlin, 2117, -86

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2011/data/standings.html

Last edited:
:p
If Jimmy Johnson wins another title this year, I will NOT watch it anymore. It is stupid to see the same guy win. I will be over it.

How the hell do you think I feel we the guy switches to the Rolex 24, gets boring watching Johnson lead the entire 3 hour stint he does in that race for the prototype series.

But that stunt Kyle Busch pulled in Truck Series, that was golden.

Kyle Busch is a little punk and a spoiled brat that needs to have his face ***** slapped... just my opinion..

Well, TI, your wish has been granted. Tony Stewart is the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion. Man, that was some race, I felt for sure that Carl Edwards had it all wrapped up until that caution for rain after Tony had pitted with 54 laps to go. One of the best championship finishes the series has had in a while.

Hell yeah!! Go Smoke!! That was a great race... but if you go back for the last 10 races, Tony had more heart than Carl. He had NOTHING to lose.... Risk it all... reward to all!

I may get the chance to be on the in field for the Rolex 24 in Daytona for the 50th anniversry!

In fact I may get lucky and get Johnson's signature if I get the garage access pass for the extra 40 bucks...

I tell you what IMF. I can then post it the in for sale section, for say 20 Bucks....

20 Bucks I would pay YOU to take the d@mn thing off my hands :p

Don't know if you'll get that opportunity to meet Jimmie Yos, he announced last weekend that he will not be competing in the Rolex 24 this year.

Heh heh and the race goes on...

Instead of double posting Ill just re edit, but Audi Has shown interest in the Rolex Series as of late, and this is the love child of Audi's new releationship with Grand American,

1089061_article_img_large1.jpg

Last edited:
Back