NASCAR, Anyone?

--

May 1st, 2005  
rkmac48

Topic: NASCAR, Anyone?

Today Jeff Gordon beat out Tony Stewart and Michael Waltrip in the most thrilling Talledega races I've ever seen. (The fact that #24 won and the 8 spun made it even better. )

Anyone else love NASCAR?
May 2nd, 2005  
behemoth79

i like Ryan Newman. and Kasey Khane.
June 16th, 2005  
bulldogg

For fooks sake anyone BUT #24. NASCAR is a southern sport... god damned yankees
Mark Martin is calling it quits this year and he will be missed. A solid, calculating professional who conducted himself with honour and respect both on and off the track. I hope he stays involved even if he isnt behind the wheel.

Go fast, turn left.
--
June 21st, 2005  
The Other Guy

I hate nascar other than the Gordons (Jeff and Robby)
June 25th, 2005  
AussieNick

I can't stand the type of racing that NASCAR is, but I do love Aussie V8 Supercars. I guess they could be described as the Australian version of NASCAR (not for racing type but for popularity).
July 7th, 2005  
silent driller

I like NASCAR.
July 8th, 2005  
bulldogg

Nick, Aussie V8 supercars are AWESOME. Damn good racing. I do think though if I took you back home to the Nashville track and we went down in the pits with my buddies who have a car they race in the Late Model division you'd have "perma-grin" on the ride home.
July 18th, 2005  
AJChenMPH

Can't say that I'm a die-hard fan, but I do follow it. Classmate and friend of mine is the General Manager of Darlington Raceway, so I've seen the Southern 500 twice.

I'm a track junkie from a driving standpoint, so I've driven Watkins Glen twice (two-day sessions each) and NHIS twice (the road course they have that dives out behind the back straight and dives back into the infield before dumping you back out on the main straight).

Speaking of NHIS...how 'bout Tony Stewart and his fence-climbing as of late?

I also follow Indy car a little (heck, with Danica Patrick, who wouldn't? :P ), and while I don't watch 'em enough, I love both the Speed Touring Car Series and the Speed GT Series. ALMS is also pretty cool, and the Aussie V8 series is hella fun to watch.
August 13th, 2005  
Ray89

loves nascar- oh and hates Jeff Gordon
jeff gordon is a mother
August 13th, 2005  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray89
loves nascar- oh and hates Jeff Gordon
jeff gordon is a mother
I still have yet to figure out why there's such a love-hate relationship with the NASCAR fans and Jeff Gordon. Is ALL the animosity just because the guy was given good equipment and won a lot from the beginning?