NASCAR, Anyone?

rkmac48

Today Jeff Gordon beat out Tony Stewart and Michael Waltrip in the most thrilling Talledega races I've ever seen. (The fact that #24 won and the 8 spun made it even better. :D )

Anyone else love NASCAR?

For fooks sake anyone BUT #24. NASCAR is a southern sport... god damned yankees :lol:
Mark Martin is calling it quits this year and he will be missed. A solid, calculating professional who conducted himself with honour and respect both on and off the track. I hope he stays involved even if he isnt behind the wheel.

Go fast, turn left.

I can't stand the type of racing that NASCAR is, but I do love Aussie V8 Supercars. I guess they could be described as the Australian version of NASCAR (not for racing type but for popularity).
image16.jpg

Nick, Aussie V8 supercars are AWESOME. Damn good racing. I do think though if I took you back home to the Nashville track and we went down in the pits with my buddies who have a car they race in the Late Model division you'd have "perma-grin" on the ride home. ;)

Can't say that I'm a die-hard fan, but I do follow it. Classmate and friend of mine is the General Manager of Darlington Raceway, so I've seen the Southern 500 twice.

I'm a track junkie from a driving standpoint, so I've driven Watkins Glen twice (two-day sessions each) and NHIS twice (the road course they have that dives out behind the back straight and dives back into the infield before dumping you back out on the main straight).

Speaking of NHIS...how 'bout Tony Stewart and his fence-climbing as of late?

I also follow Indy car a little (heck, with Danica Patrick, who wouldn't? :p ), and while I don't watch 'em enough, I love both the Speed Touring Car Series and the Speed GT Series. ALMS is also pretty cool, and the Aussie V8 series is hella fun to watch.

Ray89 said:
loves nascar- oh and hates Jeff Gordon :twisted:
jeff gordon is a mother :cen: ;)
I still have yet to figure out why there's such a love-hate relationship with the NASCAR fans and Jeff Gordon. Is ALL the animosity just because the guy was given good equipment and won a lot from the beginning?

gordon as a driver.. verry good maybe one of the best,

but when he was a young driver he was differant,

now in his older years, his heart isnt in it as it used to be.,. now he wins to win.. and when he doesnt he blames pepole

he used to drive for the fans and for fun :x

-thats just how i see it :?:

AJChenMPH said:
Ray89 said:
loves nascar- oh and hates Jeff Gordon :twisted:
jeff gordon is a mother :cen: ;)
I still have yet to figure out why there's such a love-hate relationship with the NASCAR fans and Jeff Gordon. Is ALL the animosity just because the guy was given good equipment and won a lot from the beginning?

he is hated because u can understand him when he speaks. thats just un-NASCARly. wheres the fun in that?

thank you jeff foxworthy for that one.

nice opinon.

oh and booo jeff foxworthy

i like the red neck jokes just dont tuch nascar.. it for every one :lol:

final points standing will be .
mark martin
Tony Stewart
Matt Kensthe
Rusty Wallace
Rocket Newman
JJ
Greg Biffle
Crazy Edwards
Jeremy Mayfield
Big Bush whinner

I'd go completely berserk (in a good way) if Mark Martin or Rusty Wallace came away with the championship.

On another note...WTF is up with the relative slap on the wrists for Kasey Kahne and Robby Gordon? :box:

Nascar will see half empty stand and tv rating go down if the really clamped down on shananigens like last weeks hatefest. :cen: :cen:

Back