Nancy Pelosi is two heart beats away from the Presidency!!!

Young Winston, have you heard of "RINO" and "DINO?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_In_Name_Only

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RINO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_In_Name_Only

well Mrs Pelosi is a "CINO."

Catholic-In-Name-Only

How can you say that are you her priest? You might be a man of the cloth, but that hardly gives you the right to decide who is, and who is not Catholic.

And just because her political views might not match your own doesn't make her any more or less Catholic either.

Your comments reinforce my belief about why its unwise to mix politics and religion.

How can you say that are you her priest? You might be a man of the cloth, but that hardly gives you the right to decide who is, and who is not Catholic.

And just because her political views might not match your own doesn't make her any more or less Catholic either.

Your comments reinforce my belief about why its unwise to mix politics and religion.

Shows how much you know about Catholicism

And hate to break it to you but religion and politics have existed since humans have and that isn't going to change anytime soon....

Man the right wing must be struggling for arguments when they get down to arguing that a democrat is not the "right" type of catholic.

Man the right wing must be struggling for arguments when they get down to arguing that a democrat is not the "right" type of catholic.

What are you talking about???

Really I'm confused....

FYI, a person is either Catholic or not. There are no types of Catholics.

What I was getting at was the fact that it can be decided whether or not you are a Catholic...hence the term excommunicated....

What are you talking about???

Really I'm confused....

The response was aimed at Padre who apparently seems to think that there are different types.

Personally I tend to think most of the big religions now fall into the R.I.N.O. (Religion In Name Only) catagory.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, are the democrats actually "in control" yet ie have they now taken over from the previous administration, lets be a little realistic and say that perhaps they should be given a few months to get their act together.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, are the democrats actually "in control" yet ie have they now taken over from the previous administration, lets be a little realistic and say that perhaps they should be given a few months to get their act together.
They haven't quite "taken over" the executive branch but I think the fear that many have is that once the Democrats get it in gear, nobody knows what to expect from them. It gets old very quickly when all they do is oppose the Republican administration "just because". They need to actually have a course of action of their own and I think many people are still waiting to hear something positive from them. So far though, nothing but opposition. I think if the White House called for financial aid to starving, naked, underprivileged native American infants affected by residual effects from the nuclear tests of the '50s, the Democrats would cut funding and blame it on Iraq at this point.

They haven't quite "taken over" the executive branch but I think the fear that many have is that once the Democrats get it in gear, nobody knows what to expect from them. It gets old very quickly when all they do is oppose the Republican administration "just because". They need to actually have a course of action of their own and I think many people are still waiting to hear something positive from them. So far though, nothing but opposition. I think if the White House called for financial aid to starving, naked, underprivileged native American infants affected by residual effects from the nuclear tests of the '50s, the Democrats would cut funding and blame it on Iraq at this point.

I hardly think opposing government policies is a democrat only phenomenon it is after all the roll of opposition parties worldwide to oppose the government and it is one of the most ludicrous aspects of party politics that even if the "government" came up with brilliant ideas it would still be opposed by the other party(ies) because they see that as their role.

As far as what the democrats might or might not do once they get moving I think it far too soon to tell now who knows they may do a great job then again they may fail completely but only time will tell and I think writing them off before they even fill the positions is perhaps a little short sighted.

Oh I think they've started already. The horses (or asses) are out if the paddock. Maybe it's just me but, let me know if you detect anything but negative opposition in there. This is taken directly from the web site of the Democratic Party here in America.
Fierce Opposition to Iraq Escalation ContinuesSenator Kennedy will introduce legislation today that will prevent the President from escalating the war in Iraq without first justifying such a decision and getting Congressional approval. Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Harry Reid last week called on President Bush to reject plans to escalate the civil war. The Bush/McCain war escalation plan expected tomorrow comes as U.S. fatalities over the course of the war in Iraq pass 3,000, along with the deadliest month for American troops in over two years. Read more...

Shows how much you know about Catholicism

And hate to break it to you but religion and politics have existed since humans have and that isn't going to change anytime soon....

Donkey

Well since I come from a large Catholic family and live in a very Catholic country, I going to say I know it more than you.

I am aware of the history. But are you? More blood as been shed over religion that any other reason for war. You could do a life study on the conflicts between Protestants and Catholics during the 15th-16th century alone.

Most modern countries (including the US) have laws or constitutions that keep religon out. The Founding Fathers knew exactly what would if they mixed the two.

In fact those that mingle religion and politics include Saudi Arabia, Iran, Somalia, the Spanish Inquistion, the Dark Ages Feudalism, and the Portugese Conquistators to name a few.

Not exactly the shining examples I would want to associate with.

But getting back to subject. The Point remains the same, as MontyB said. Its a pretty pathetic sight to see the far right include/exclude people as Christians/Catholics/Whatever simply because of political beliefs. God doesn't care if you are a Flaming-left liberal Democrat or a Backward-thinking conservative. Anybody who thinks different needs to read their Bible a bit more...

The real and ONLY reason Pelosi and the Dems are in charge, is Hastert and the GOP did a s*** job when they were in charge. I thinking the ass-whupping they got last November was proof of that.

Last edited:
Donkey

Well since I come from a large Catholic family and live in a very Catholic country, I going to say I know it more than you.

I am aware of the history. But are you? More blood as been shed over religion that any other reason for war. You could do a life study on the conflicts between Protestants and Catholics during the 15th-16th century alone.

Most modern countries (including the US) have laws or constitutions that keep religon out. The Founding Fathers knew exactly what would if they mixed the two.

In fact those that mingle religion and politics include Saudi Arabia, Iran, Somalia, the Spanish Inquistion, the Dark Ages Feudalism, and the Portugese Conquistators to name a few.

Not exactly the shining examples I would want to associate with.

But getting back to subject. The Point remains the same, as MontyB said. Its a pretty pathetic sight to see the far right include/exclude people as Christians/Catholics/Whatever simply because of political beliefs. God doesn't care if you are a Flaming-left liberal Democrat or a Backward-thinking conservative. Anybody who thinks different needs to read their Bible a bit more...

The real and ONLY reason Pelosi and the Dems are in charge, is Hastert and the GOP did a s*** job when they were in charge. I thinking the ass-whupping they got last November was proof of that.

Religion is def a fuel of war but it is not the main factor....

I'm not really disagreeing with you, sorry if I came off harsh been having a bit of a **** week....

I can say it Mmarsh because of this:

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/press/releases/June04/CourtRulingPartial-Birth060204.html

and this:

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2004/03/24/859/62953

and I could cite other examples but I don't want to use up too much space.

I don't care if gay couples live happily together. Good luck to them and I know some. But to support homosexual marriages goes against 2,000 years of Catholic teachings.

I have cared for women who have had abortions. I show them compassion and do not call them murderers however I believe with the 2,000 year old teachings of the Catholic Church that to give birth to a child and then crush its skull as it screams is infanticide (though some call it partial birth abortion).

You may agree with gay marriages and infanticde Mmarsh as does Mrs Pelosi, but the Catholic Church doesn't and never has. In it's oldest document that mentions pagan Roman practices such as abortion, dated in the 1st Century AD called the "Didiche," up to 2007 AD the Catholic Church has condemned such actions and beliefs as totally incompatable with Christ and his Gospel.

Mrs Pelosi gets good marks from me on her social justice positions. She genuinely cares for some of the world's poor but she departs from so much of Catholic core beliefs that I can say without hesitation and with great confidence that she deserves the tag "CINO."

I don't care if gay couples live happily together. Good luck to them and I know some. But to support homosexual marriages goes against 2,000 years of Catholic teachings.

Marriage these days is more political then it is religious. You get married with the state. You can get married with the church, but in no way is that required (thus the millions who are not catholic getting married). So legislation on gay marriage should have no bearing on political arguments, and until there is real documented fact showing why homosexuals should not be married, then personal or religious beliefs should not be a determining factor when creating laws for or against it.

Mrs Pelosi gets good marks from me on her social justice positions. She genuinely cares for some of the world's poor but she departs from so much of Catholic core beliefs that I can say without hesitation and with great confidence that she deserves the tag "CINO."

Mrs Pelosi to me can sepperate her work and her religion. She understands she is taking part in the creation of law, of guiding our nation. I think she understands that religious beliefs can not and should not be involved when creating laws, so he follows strictly what should be constitutionally allowed. She can still be catholic and support laws that the Catholic church does not agree with. It is truly a sad day if you can not be considered a catholic or called a "CINO" if you disagree with anything the church believes or teaches.

Just my opinion.

so on your planet you can make coke but tell people to drink pepsi, you can be a member of football team "Y" and root for football team "Z" when they play against team "Y," you can be a communist and have shares on the stock exchange, you can be a pacifist and vote for the draft..................?

weird ?

You can express your opinion. Unfortunately many children, because of Catholics like Pelosi, can't express theirs.

Last edited:
so on your planet you can make coke but tell people to drink pepsi, you can be a member of football team "Y" and root for football team "Z" when they play against team "Y," you can be a communist and have shares on the stock exchange, you can be a pacifist and vote for the draft..................?

weird ?

You can express your opinion. Unfortunately many children, because of Catholics like Pelosi, can't express theirs.

What it is to be a liberal ;)

How about the newest thing raising the minimum wage....

Where do people like Nancy Pelosi think the money is gonna come from????

Like I said before welcome to the Huey Long style of government...Promise the world to the people and they think you are great....

Nail on the head Donkey. Its all flash for the morons who can barely comprehend the headlines and are swayed by good sounding rhetoric and never take a moment to reflect on what it all means... :cen:all.

One of the biggies of the far left, certainly not all Democrats, is the hatred of the second ammendment. Here's a Founding Father's clarification of it:

The Patriot Post
Founders' Quote Daily

"We established however some, although not all its
[self-government] important principles . The constitutions of most
of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people;
that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they
think themselves competent, (as in electing their functionaries
executive and legislative, and deciding by a jury of themselves,
in all judiciary cases in which any fact is involved,) or they
may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it
is their right and duty to be at all times armed."

-- Thomas Jefferson (letter to John Cartwright, 1824)

Reference: The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Memorial Edition,
Lipscomb and Bergh, ed., vol. 16 (45)

And we all know why they put that in...

The mistake they made was that the made it the 2nd and not the 1st ;)

Mrs Pelosi to me can sepperate her work and her religion. She understands she is taking part in the creation of law, of guiding our nation. I think she understands that religious beliefs can not and should not be involved when creating laws, so he follows strictly what should be constitutionally allowed.

I don't entirely agree religion is to a large degree the cornerstone of our laws therefore it is impossible for religious belief to not be involved in when creating laws. The only thing you can hope is that she can make laws without preference to one religion over another.

It is truly a sad day if you can not be considered a catholic or called a "CINO" if you disagree with anything the church believes or teaches.

Just my opinion.

Now we come to one of the interesting things about religion I find it funny that an institution that espouses tolerance in all aspects of life is made up of a hierarchy that rarely practice the virtue.

Back