Namera

That is unfotunatly not going to happen anytime soon...IDF faces budget cuts(because it is so peacefull around here... :? ) and the whole thing is probably never gonna happen...Than again wwho knows. If they do it, I hope they have the brains to put a turret with a 20mm in it, so we wont have to rebuild all of them in 25 years... :D

Yeah I was gonna say the thing looks nice but needs something like a 20mm turret on it. Nice low profile. Hope it gets fielded.

Charge_7 said:
Yeah I was gonna say the thing looks nice but needs something like a 20mm turret on it. Nice low profile. Hope it gets fielded.

they should still be able to make atleast a small number of them, atleast then they can show that the namera is good, and IDF approved, so they can sell exports and pay for IDF nameras...

also i dont know whether it that much more expensive than a centurion or T-55 conversion...

SHERMAN said:
That is unfotunatly not going to happen anytime soon...IDF faces budget cuts(because it is so peacefull around here... :? ) and the whole thing is probably never gonna happen...Than again wwho knows. If they do it, I hope they have the brains to put a turret with a 20mm in it, so we wont have to rebuild all of them in 25 years... :D

how do you boys ever face budget cuts, with them idiots in the territories lobbing mortars into israel everyday.

sherman, i thought the early merkavas are for sale, but the new ones are not... for one thing israel upgrades turkey m60 to sabra (right?) and sabra has main gun from merkava 3

sherman, i thought the early merkavas are for sale, but the new ones are not... for one thing israel upgrades turkey m60 to sabra (right?) and sabra has main gun from merkava 3
i never heard anything aboutselling any Merkavas. All MK 1 were upgraded to Mk 2b, as far as I know and we need them all. The last Magachs just got out of active and into reserves....But the Sabra dose have the same gun as the Merkava Mk 3.

how do you boys ever face budget cuts, with them idiots in the territories lobbing mortars into israel everyday.

because the country has no money...and now that we dont have to worry about the Iraqis giving us asurprise visit...

SHERMAN said:
i never heard anything aboutselling any Merkavas. All MK 1 were upgraded to Mk 2b, as far as I know and we need them all. The last Magachs just got out of active and into reserves....But the Sabra dose have the same gun as the Merkava Mk 3.

because the country has no money...and now that we dont have to worry about the Iraqis giving us asurprise visit...

no reason to be racist here but are you referring to israel having no money, because if so how is that possible I thought jews were rich.

and you guys have a lot of money, as far as I can tell anyways.

Back