N.Z. fall out

I doubt anyone will have an issue with changes, I have licenses all the way up to collectors so I already have 6 monthly inspections and jump through hoops to keep them but that is the cost of collecting them and I knew it when I applied.

I would like to see us at least return to registering individual weapons to the owner as that will give a better picture of who has what and who is stockpiling.

If after this the changes are manageable then I will make the changes, if they aren't then I will make the ones I want to keep inert and ditch the rest.
In the end, I don't need a gun for anything and I can get all the meat I could ever want from the local supermarket.

One thing I can guarantee is that we are not going to follow the US system and put up with mass shootings on a regular basis our politicians will do something.

So..the scarier they look the more they are restricted.....

Alternatively the scarier they look the more lunatics are drawn to them.
The law changes announced yesterday will affect very few people (about 4% of gun owners in the country) and are supported by most of the rural (who use firearms more than most) and sporting gun community as well as a sizable number of the dealers as such I am not going to argue with them.

World
'We just want the guns back': New Zealand announces immediate ban of assault rifles
USA TODAY Mike James,USA TODAY 3 hours ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
New Zealand is banning all assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and military-style semi-automatic rifles in response to the nation's deadliest massacre in history, the country's prime minister announced Thursday.

Jacinda Ardern said the ban goes into effect immediately and would be followed by legislation next month. New Zealand's citizens should make arrangements to turn in weapons banned under the new laws, Ardern told the nation in a live television announcement.

I doubt anyone will have an issue with changes, I have licenses all the way up to collectors so I already have 6 monthly inspections and jump through hoops to keep them but that is the cost of collecting them and I knew it when I applied.

I would like to see us at least return to registering individual weapons to the owner as that will give a better picture of who has what and who is stockpiling.

If after this the changes are manageable then I will make the changes, if they aren't then I will make the ones I want to keep inert and ditch the rest.
In the end, I don't need a gun for anything and I can get all the meat I could ever want from the local supermarket.

One thing I can guarantee is that we are not going to follow the US system and put up with mass shootings on a regular basis our politicians will do something.

There are a lot of people who find this decisicion suicidal : it is an unconditional surrender from a marxist PM to the crime lobby .

There are a lot of people who find this decisicion suicidal : it is an unconditional surrender from a marxist PM to the crime lobby .

Well people are entitled to their opinion but I doubt it is one shared by anything close to the majority of New Zealanders.
Our law changes affect less than 4% of the firearms owners in the country and have the support of the largest hunting groups as well as the farming community (who use firearms the most) in my opinion if the people most affected are ok with the changes I don't see an issue.

Incidentally who have we surrendered too, I am unaware of the crime lobbies declaration of war or their existence for that matter.

Before the attack there were 3 groups in NZ who had semi-automatic weapons
1 Leos and military
2 Members of the public : innocent people
3 Criminals
After the attack the marxist PM decided to act, NOT against the criminals, but against those who are not involved,with as result that only 2 groups remain with semi-automatic weapons
1 Leos and military
2 Criminals
As it is a fact that leos and military can not/no longer protect the public against the criminals, Ardern is preventing the public to protect itself and is thus aiding the criminals ;something that is not surprising from a marxist .
If within a few months, an other criminal wil massacre 50 people with a pistol/or an ordinary rifle , I suppose that Ardern will ban pistols and rifles ?
The massacre did NOT happen because the existence of semi-automatic weapons, but because the criminal decided to kill people .
Ardern is now going after the semi-automatic weapons, the next move will be to go after the hunters, etc .

To say that weapons are the cause, is to innocent the culprits .
Weapons do not kill, people kill .

Last edited:
If the Kiwis wish to ban firearms, who are we to criticize? It's not our place as NZ is not our home.

As for here in the US, we'll fight like crazy MF'ers if they want to ban guns. Not because we love violence, but because having firearms is a part of our rights under the US Constitution.

The difference between NZ & US politics is immense. Two different countries and two different political schemes.

lljadw, I really do think you owe Monty an apology. But that's my opinion.

Last edited:
If the Kiwis wish to ban firearms, who are we to criticize? It's not our place as NZ is not our home.

As for here in the US, we'll fight like crazy MY'ers if they want to ban guns. Not because we love violence, but because having firearms is a part of our rights under the US Constitution.

The difference between NZ & US politics is immense. Two different countries and two different political schemes.

lljadw, I really do think you owe Monty an apology. But that's my opinion.

The thing is we aren't banning firearms of the 1.5 million(ish) firearms in the country 1.497 million of them will still be legally owned after the new laws come into affect.

I really don't understand why someone allegedly of Belgian origin has an issue with us getting rid of a fraction of our firearms especially since it has the support of the vast majority of the people it will affect here.

As for apologies there is no need for one, we are all entitled to an opinion no matter how misinformed they may be.
😁

I watched the video the killer made. He is one sick POS. Since he did his own video, he admits to his crime, so save time & money & just feed him to the sharks.

I really don't understand why someone allegedly of Belgian origin has an issue with us getting rid of a fraction of our firearms especially since it has the support of the vast majority of the people it will affect here.
loss of freedoms anywhere reduces freedoms. As far as support of the population keep in mind the saying from WWII. When they came for the Jews we didn't care, then they came for... Also from the American Revolution: If we don't hang together we will all hang separately. When something is banned simply because it was used you can set up a domino effect. Back during the 60s terrorists were using black powder to make pipe bombs. The Govt. wanted to ban possession of it & there wasn't a lot od people shooting with it. The NRA could have easily gone along with it, but they opposed and defeated it. As a result Civil War, Rev War & other reenacting, & Cowboy Action shoots with BP rounds is thriving today.

I watched the video the killer made. He is one sick POS. Since he did his own video, he admits to his crime, so save time & money & just feed him to the sharks.

Not seen it and don't have any desire to see it.

NZ doesn't have the death penalty but I am sure they could raise a lot of cash for the victims raffling off the chance to put a bullet through him.

loss of freedoms anywhere reduces freedoms. As far as support of the population keep in mind the saying from WWII. When they came for the Jews we didn't care, then they came for... Also from the American Revolution: If we don't hang together we will all hang separately. When something is banned simply because it was used you can set up a domino effect. Back during the 60s terrorists were using black powder to make pipe bombs. The Govt. wanted to ban possession of it & there wasn't a lot od people shooting with it. The NRA could have easily gone along with it, but they opposed and defeated it. As a result Civil War, Rev War & other reenacting, & Cowboy Action shoots with BP rounds is thriving today.

You know the local government takes my rubbish away every Tuesday and I don't give that a second thought either.

My freedom is not contingent on owning an assault rifle, New Zealanders are not afraid of their government and we don't buy firearms for protection or need them for it and to be perfectly blunt we are unlikely to be looking at the US as an example of a functioning system given that we have an incident like this every 30 years while you can't go 30 days without one.

So far I have no issues with what they are planning to do but that may change once the legislation is fleshed out who knows, either way I will stay within the law.

Last edited:

Why is that a surprise, they are tribalistic losers who don't have the balls to go it alone.

The problem they face is that with MSSAs banned guess where the police will go looking for illegal ones not to mention bringing them out in public will get them confiscated and arrested so it is a great way of drawing attention to themselves while not achieving a damn thing on the grounds that there will still be 1.497 million legal firearms most of which are more accurate and better looked after out there anyway.

Besides their weapon of choice is usually a sawn off shotgun or rifle not MSSAs.

Out of interest I received an email from the police this week regarding the law changes.
I have 5 firearms that fall into the banned category if I want to keep them I need to switch them over to my C category license.
I am not sure what to do, realistically I don't need them or use them to selling them back to the government is rather appealing ($45k would buy a nice MG-34) however as I already have them registered it is only a couple of signatures and it is all done.

Out of interest I received an email from the police this week regarding the law changes.
I have 5 firearms that fall into the banned category if I want to keep them I need to switch them over to my C category license.
I am not sure what to do, realistically I don't need them or use them to selling them back to the government is rather appealing ($45k would buy a nice MG-34) however as I already have them registered it is only a couple of signatures and it is all done.
Hmmm, big money vs a bit of paperwork...

Hmmm, big money vs a bit of paperwork...

Yeah I don't have much attachment to any of them except the L1A1 and I have a civilian version of the FN FAL SA 58 which is a really comfortable pig hunting rifle that I would like to keep.
I will probably end up transferring them just to keep those two.

Back