N.Z. fall out

Yeah I don't have much attachment to any of them except the L1A1 and I have a civilian version of the FN FAL SA 58 which is a really comfortable pig hunting rifle that I would like to keep.
I will probably end up transferring them just to keep those two.

The L1A1 was the best battle rifle issued to British troops since the Lee Enfield No1 Mk3*

Where was yours built Monty?

The L1A1 was the best battle rifle issued to British troops since the Lee Enfield No1 Mk3*

Where was yours built Monty?

Mine is an Enfield so it must have been made at the Royal Small Arms Factory in 1962.

I agree it was an excellent rifle the only negative was it's weight but it is still a better weapon than the Steyrs they replaced them with.

Mine is an Enfield so it must have been made at the Royal Small Arms Factory in 1962.

I agree it was an excellent rifle the only negative was it's weight but it is still a better weapon than the Steyrs they replaced them with.

I wasn't to worried about the weight, the only problem I had with the rifle was its length, debussing a Land Rover or a 4 tonner in a hurry the bloody thing got hung up on all kinds of straps and what have you. Many a pongo has got a black eye from someone elses rifle. I believe the Aussies built a shorter version and South Africa built a folding butt para rifle version of the FN FAL.

Hehe that was why I got the SA 58, it had the shorter 18" barrel and a folding stock it is idea for bush hunting.

I think the Aussies built the Lithgow version, I had the bullpup model for a while but really didn't like it I ended up swapping it for the FAL SA 58 which I do like.

Last edited:
Hehe that was why I got the SA 58, it had the shorter 18" barrel and a folding stock it is idea for bush hunting.

I think the Aussies built the Lithgow version, I had the bullpup model for a while but really didn't like it I ended up swapping it for the FAL SA 58 which I do like.
After earlier answers I was wondering what your position would be when someone did something with a gun on your favorites list.

Not sure I understand the question but my stance on firearms is the same now as it has always been.

If the the government had banned firearms and it clearly had the support of the people of NZ I would simply have donated what I have to a museum and ditched the rest, I will not go to prison to keep something I don't need and reality is that I don't need a firearm for anything.

Had they done it without the support of the country that may have been a different story, but these changes have the nation's support and I will happily follow them.

So...happily turn in anything....W/O a 2A I guess you have no choice at all.

We don't need need a 2A and neither do you but if you want to buy into the NRA cult go right ahead, we will try and reduce our 10 firearms related murders a year and you can be happy with your 13000.

For NZers it is about priorities and firearms have never been a priority here, we use them for sport and pest eradication, banning a few firearms is no different to them banning oversized beach balls to us for what I would pay for a good MSSA I could feed the family for years with meat and fish from a supermarket.

Part of the reason I am thinking of giving up the MSSA rather than putting them on my C-Cat is that with two exceptions (1 I hunt with but I have plenty of alternatives, the other is more about history) I can't think of a single use for the rest.

Back