N. Korea and WWIII

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
FOXNEWS is already asking could this acts by the N. Koreans start WWIII.

The United Nations is not going to sovle any issues. This is going to start another shooting war with the communist north. What will the Red China do in regards to their little radical neighbor. Will they actually try and stop them or will they just sweep this issue under the rug. Also, Russia. What is her stance on this. She is no longer viewing the Asian Continent as her enemy. She just finished a large multinational training exercise with Red China.

The battle lines are being drawn.

All I can say is this. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

Also, most of these problems started because of the Clinton Administration. He allowed the N. Koreans to do what ever they wanted. Just like what he did with terrorism.

Sounds just like another Clinton hater ... there is plenty of blame to go around, the problem with North Korea DIDN'T start with Bill Clinton ... get your history right. There is another Bush involved in this story.

Nah...We don't have the funds, resources, manpower, etc to handle a war with North Korea AND Terrorism. Also, most of the launches were misfires and flew for a maximum of seven minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's gonna take more than 7 minutes to reach anywhere close to the United States.

Nah...We don't have the funds, resources, manpower, etc to handle a war with North Korea AND Terrorism. Also, most of the launches were misfires and flew for a maximum of seven minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's gonna take more than 7 minutes to reach anywhere close to the United States.

Problem is there missile f'ed up, doesnt mean they cant fix it

Interesting.... the Koreans have sent their missile towards the Russian waters...
The Russian response.... there was none.

However, the ordinary Russians are very angry at their Air Defence generals - they have found out about the launch from ....CNN

These missile launches just seem like another North Korean political stunt to me. Any reporting saying this incident might start WW3 sounds a little sensationalist.

Sanctions aren't going to stop these nutjobs. What we need to do right now is blow the crap out of missile facilities in the North. We need to send them a message that we will not put up with them. How they respond to the bombing will determine our future actions. If they, in turn, respong by invading the south, we will push those Commies all the way back to the border with China. And believe you me, we won't have to worry about any Chinese or Russian intervention this time.

Dark_Mark said:
These missile launches just seem like another North Korean political stunt to me. Any reporting saying this incident might start WW3 sounds a little sensationalist.

Good Lord ... I'm going to have to agree with someone who espouses a political system I am violently opposed to.

In this case, GW is right (darn it), this is an issue which will have to be addressed by the 6 countries that are in the most danger.

WWIII isn't even in the cards on this one ... only a missile strike against another country will trigger a war.

At present, the USA isn't in imminent danger ... North Korea's long range missile was a dud.

5.56X45mm said:
The United Nations is not going to sovle any issues. This is going to start another shooting war with the communist north. What will the Red China do in regards to their little radical neighbor. Will they actually try and stop them or will they just sweep this issue under the rug. Also, Russia. What is her stance on this. She is no longer viewing the Asian Continent as her enemy. She just finished a large multinational training exercise with Red China.

Kim Jing Il is a stubborn mule who refuses to take anyone's advice. After Kim test- launched a Taepotong-missile in 1998, the only thing the security council did was just a statement ,and the security council didn't make any further moves such as a binding resolution or a chair's statement of expressing some concerns. the reason that UN didn't take any further actions to this issue was because china objected to make a discussion about this in Security council. however, the missle testing in this time is a little different , china may agree to make a deep discussion on how to deal with this issue in security council because of his role as chair of the six party talks, but china is still reluctant to support the idea of imposing the sanction against N Korea. it is very predictable that China and Russia will probably urge US to keep restrain and request some soft ways from US to deal with this issue. but I believe this time US and Japan will make a plan of giving hard time to Kim's regime, because if this time US doesn't let Kim's regime know that they take this issue very very serious, the situation in pyongyong will get worse and worse until everything totally get out of control. the key of dealing with Kim's missle- ambition will be how many supports US and Japan will get from the rest of world, despite the bad record of collecting support of dealing with Iraq.

Last edited:
It was more than one misfire, and it shows me that they don't know what they're doing.

No their shorter range missiles (no-dongs *giggle*) worked just fine, it was thir much more complicated ICBMs (typeodong 2s) that failed. If you think back to our rocket program it had a rocky start to. Just dont say "oh it didnt work dont worry about them." they will fix the problem.

I'm sure, but everyone is acting like the missiles that flew into the Sea of Japan are some big 'provocation' as FOX News put it. They weren't. I think they were trying to put a damper on the shuttle launch. In which case, they failed miserably. Let me know when the problem is fixed so I can still not be worried. Because the ICMBs are the only ones we should be scared of anyway as they are the only missiles they have that can reach the United States without a closer base(like Cuba).

C/1Lt Henderson said:
I'm sure, but everyone is acting like the missiles that flew into the Sea of Japan are some big 'provocation' as FOX News put it. They weren't. I think they were trying to put a damper on the shuttle launch. In which case, they failed miserably. Let me know when the problem is fixed so I can still not be worried. Because the ICMBs are the only ones we should be scared of anyway as they are the only missiles they have that can reach the United States without a closer base(like Cuba).

Those other missiles can reach South Korea.

Hmm...Good point. Although, as far as I'm concerned, the US isn't directly threatened, so we can wait it out. I've noticed a bit of a pattern when it comes to sticking our heads in where it doesn't belong.

And it will set countless nations who see it as an act of war without provocation against us. we're already unpopular...lets not make it worse.

They acted first by firing their missiles. So let's make sure they don't do it again.

Let's not make it worse? It can't get any worse. We have two allies in this world. The UK and Austrailia. And I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we bombed NK.

We fire missiles, why don't they consider that an act of war? Because the missiles we fire don't go anywhere near them. As long as they are landing in the Pond on their half, I say let 'em shoot. But as soon as they show signs of not plunging into the deep blue sea, knock it down and bomb em.

We can further alienate the ones already against us.

Henderson, you just don't get it. Kim Jong Il is a complete nutjob. He knows the United States can annihilate him in one fatal swoop. Yet he builds his one missile and fires it off despite numerous warnings from the US, Japan, and South Korea. His missile is nothing compared to the stockpile that we have. It really takes some wacko to provoke the United States. You think sanctions are going to stop him? He is just going to keep building these missiles until they work so let's just stop him now.

You're either with us or against us. That's all there is to it. There's no middle ground here.

Is there absolutely no honor left? There was a time when a man wait to be attacked to fight back...Now we just go ahead and blow him up because we THINK there MIGHT be a CHANCE that he POSSIBLY could MAYBE launch an ICMB at the United States. There is just too many ifs. If he makes the missile that can reach the US, IF he chooses to launch it. IF it reaches its target...I just dont see why we have to blow up innoccents because we think he might try to fire missiles at us.

Back