N.Korea

FlyingFrog

Do you think seriously that USA will attack N.Korea?

It seems USA cannot even handle a small N.Korea, what are the Americans afraid of from N.Koreans? Learned big lesson from Korea War?

Seems N.Korea has almost nothing decent in their military arsenal, yet USA dares not to take on N.Korea like Iraq, why?

FlyingFrog said:

It seems USA cannot even handle a small N.Korea, what are the Americans afraid of from N.Koreans? Learned big lesson from Korea War?

Seems N.Korea has almost nothing decent in their military arsenal, yet USA dares not to take on N.Korea like Iraq, why?

Ummmm. . .

Men?

North Korea doesn't have a great military, but a good portion of their nation is conscripted. As well as that, there's no economic bonus, so it's a good bet America won't do anything that's not in there monetary interest. Lastly, the fact that North Korea actually DOES have nuclear weapons is a problem, since they can actually launch it.

On a side note, North Korea must feel very pathetic right now. . .

(satirical view of what's going on below, read only if you want to)

N Korea : We have nuclear weapons!
America : That's good, everyone, ignore North Korea. But we should attack that guy since he has oil, I mean, weapons of mass destruction!
Iraq : We don't have weapons of mass destruction.
America : Yes you do. We know you do.
Iraq : No, I swear we don't. I'll even let you check if you want.
America : Ok, we'll check.
North Korea : We have weapons of mass destruction.
America : That's nice.
Inspectors : They don't have weapons of mass destruction.
America : That's does it! That proves they have weapons of mass destruction! Attack now!!
Iraq : Oh great.
North Korea : You do know we'll nuke you all, right?
America : Sure sure, do it later. On ward to victory, peace and freedom by invading and suppresing someone! On ward against weapons of mass destruction, and on wards to oil!

FlyingFrog said:

America can handle anyone in conventional war! The problem is guerilla war!
How many soldiers died during war?
And how many did after?
That's a big diference!

guerilla war is simply part of the conventional war.

if usa can use "better" weapons for war, it is already an "unfair" fight, so others can use any means to fight the war, including so called "guerilla war"

from your post, it seems usa dare not to engage on N.Koreans :lol:

America could win easily that war!
Though, most of the civs would be killed.....
But why going there?
They are little and pathetic!
And when ABLs start circleing around N.K. and missile defences that are beeing built in Japan(I heard that somewhere) they are helpless, and will be forced to surrender without a single bullet fired! And a few Years of waiting isn't much...

Uncle_Sam said:
America could win easily that war!
Though, most of the civs would be killed.....
But why going there?
They are little and pathetic!
And when ABLs start circleing around N.K. and missile defences that are beeing built in Japan(I heard that somewhere) they are helpless, and will be forced to surrender without a single bullet fired! And a few Years of waiting isn't much...

America currently isn't in a position to invade and hold anything more then small countries like Iraq and Afhganistan. Besides, I don't think an army of equitable size to America's, such as that that N Korea has counts as a small country.

The US could easily win a war of "conventional" fighting, (Tanks, infantry, etc..) but we need to develop better tactics and weapons to handle warfare against guerillas and terrorists. It is one thing to win a war on a battlefield against visible enemies, but is something else to win a war in urban areas and against an unseen enemy.

Spartan said:
The US could easily win a war of "conventional" fighting, (Tanks, infantry, etc..) but we need to develop better tactics and weapons to handle warfare against guerillas and terrorists. It is one thing to win a war on a battlefield against visible enemies, but is something else to win a war in urban areas and against an unseen enemy.

It depends in a war against who.

We all learn that our army, navy, air is the best one arrent we? And we can kick anybodys ass on one or another way. :lol: North Korea I think is no exception. And why US not attacking North Korea? Point at GADefence comments on that one + North Korea? anyone remember Korea war? Well there would be a lot´s of fatalitys even for a modern US army I think. :? ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

I think North Korea is a LITTLE different than Iraq

If we attack North Korea, Seoul will get blown to hell. That alone will be many more civilians killed then the 10,000 in Iraq.

North Korea has Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons. I am sure many of those weapons are at the DMZ.

North Korea is not desert warfare. The terrain is mountainous and ruggid. The North Korean Army has had 50 years to dig in. My Artillery buddies who have been to Korea say there are entire artillery units dug into the side of mountains. It's going to take more than a few bombs to wipe out the NKA,

Lastly, lets drop the whole going to war for oil. The only people who are guilty of stealing from Iraq's oil is the UN. Anyone remember the Oil for food program???

Hm...Iraq is not a small country....And I think that the only 2 problems with dealing with N. Korea are:

1-Nuclear options. A nuclear war can really ruin your day. :D

2-S. Korea dosent want another war and their suppoert is essential.

The N Koreans cant even beat the S Koreans in a full scale war right now.

sherman105 said:
Hm...Iraq is not a small country....And I think that the only 2 problems with dealing with N. Korea are:

1-Nuclear options. A nuclear war can really ruin your day. :D

2-S. Korea dosent want another war and their suppoert is essential.

The N Koreans cant even beat the S Koreans in a full scale war right now.

I think there's a reason for that. . . Mines! While N Korea does have enought men to say "You, stand there." And get through the mine field, it would significantly weaken them.

Doc.S said:
We all learn that our army, navy, air is the best one arrent we? And we can kick anybodys ass on one or another way. :lol: North Korea I think is no exception. And why US not attacking North Korea? Point at GADefence comments on that one + North Korea? anyone remember Korea war? Well there would be a lot´s of fatalitys even for a modern US army I think. :? ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

*steams comes out of ears in anger

*****Two posts have been deleted because they were off topic. The thread title specifically states the topic at hand, North Korea. If you wish to go on tangents about Iraq, there are plenty of other threads or you can start a new one. Thank you, that is all.*****

I'd agree that the war wouldnt be a quick one like Desert Storm or as easy as Enduring Freedom, but North Korea knows it would get its arse handed to them by the United States and its allies. Why have we not attacked North Korea as of yet? Why should we? The sanctions imposed have crippled the North Koreans. FlyingFrog, I respect you for sticking up for your country and have seen you trying to ward off several attacks from other forum goers. My question to you would be this...is China waiting for the United States to attack so they can jump in once again? Now to answer the main question here. Would the US attack N Korea....no, we are still at war with N Korea but have an armistice. The Korean war in the first place was a UN operation. Is it to be believed that we would attack without UN approval or a UN resolution backing the attack? If so on what grounds is this assumption? N Korea is the one who has agreed to walk away from the nuclear arms race before for aid. It was given to them. Now they try using it again for a bargaining chip. Why would they use it for a bargaining chip? Ok so they have I believe it was 3 or 4 nuclear weapons....we have thousands. We could turn them into a ghost country but do we threaten them with our nukes?

p.s. my apologies for my other post.

Back