N Korea declares itself a nuclear power

Sexybeast said:
Darcia said:
I think the maion thing the chinese see now is the fact that if a unified Korea is formed through war and it is a democracy than the people of China being so close may try to escape through.

en...ur idea is very immature and u look at things only in a very very low level of thinking, rather than looking at this problem in a level of global politics and strategies....

north korea is an important strategic frontier for china, concerning not just now, but for the later generations of chinese ppl, the threat from japan or U.S have never been reduced, and actually increasing.....
having north korea as an ally or strategic buffer zone is a for china to protect itself and its manchuria area (the most heavily industrialized region in china)...

if u just look at things in china now, (rather than in a scope of past 5000 years of china, and next 5000 years of china), u can just say china is scared of a democratic country bla, bla, back to ur 1950s Red Threat theories or cold war method of thinking, very low level..

i think right now, perhaps u read more news, china and japan are having the worst relationiship perhaps since WW2....a bloody armed clash is possible on the island of Diaoyu (claimed by china and japan) near china's coast...as japan has recently said they will deploy troops there,
also, japan has just listed china as a major threat in its new defence principles...japan also supports taiwan as it just allowed taiwan's independist leader to visit japan

and i think while japan is playing taiwan and Diaoyu cards with china, china is playing North korea card in return, allowing north korea to declare its nuke capability (i seriously doubt that china didn't help north korea on this one, or giving money, giving other resources, as china is the largest support (practical support, giving real things) for north korea).

I don't think China would risk helping NK too much with nukes or help defend their right to nukes. NK having nukes doesnt just bother Japan and the US but also Europe.China is trading more and more with Europe and it would not want to hamper its trading with the US or the EU. Playing a country with nuclear weapons as a card isn't a very smart thing to do,if that is what you are suggesting China is doing. Also SK and Japan -MAY- possibly develop Nuclear weapons to even out the nuclear balance in their eyes.Does China really want Japan to have a reason to gain nuclear weapons? I think not.

stragetically speaking china is at a very dangerous time:

if the japanese controls the daoyuislands and a large extent eastern china sea, then the trading routes would be easily blockaded, which is a huge probelm for the chinese economy at the time being.

for the japanese, their way to a greater future is currently blocked by north korea, and thereby lays manchuria

historically manchuria was the cloest possible land for the japanese to settle and suck up resources as a way to strengthen their powers, because they hated the chinese and back then manchuria wasnt havily populated

control of the korean pensula is their first step, and right now they have made a great effort to wash away old hates and strengthen the relationship between koreans and japs, results: redneck 13

as they influence asia, their strategic ftuture also lay in taiwan, which is also a good tradign partner and base for japan

japan would definelty support invading north korea, because both SK government and jap government wanted control of north korea

next step: how to do 1937 all over again

WorldWatcher said:
Sexybeast said:
Darcia said:
I think the maion thing the chinese see now is the fact that if a unified Korea is formed through war and it is a democracy than the people of China being so close may try to escape through.

en...ur idea is very immature and u look at things only in a very very low level of thinking, rather than looking at this problem in a level of global politics and strategies....

north korea is an important strategic frontier for china, concerning not just now, but for the later generations of chinese ppl, the threat from japan or U.S have never been reduced, and actually increasing.....
having north korea as an ally or strategic buffer zone is a for china to protect itself and its manchuria area (the most heavily industrialized region in china)...

if u just look at things in china now, (rather than in a scope of past 5000 years of china, and next 5000 years of china), u can just say china is scared of a democratic country bla, bla, back to ur 1950s Red Threat theories or cold war method of thinking, very low level..

i think right now, perhaps u read more news, china and japan are having the worst relationiship perhaps since WW2....a bloody armed clash is possible on the island of Diaoyu (claimed by china and japan) near china's coast...as japan has recently said they will deploy troops there,
also, japan has just listed china as a major threat in its new defence principles...japan also supports taiwan as it just allowed taiwan's independist leader to visit japan

and i think while japan is playing taiwan and Diaoyu cards with china, china is playing North korea card in return, allowing north korea to declare its nuke capability (i seriously doubt that china didn't help north korea on this one, or giving money, giving other resources, as china is the largest support (practical support, giving real things) for north korea).

I don't think China would risk helping NK too much with nukes or help defend their right to nukes. NK having nukes doesnt just bother Japan and the US but also Europe.China is trading more and more with Europe and it would not want to hamper its trading with the US or the EU. Playing a country with nuclear weapons as a card isn't a very smart thing to do,if that is what you are suggesting China is doing. Also SK and Japan -MAY- possibly develop Nuclear weapons to even out the nuclear balance in their eyes.Does China really want Japan to have a reason to gain nuclear weapons? I think not.

lol..how does it bother europe??
can north's missile shoot to Europe...but shoot to japan, it is definately....they tested a few times over japan's sky...

china just "hires" north korea to "bother" U.S, and japan, to get their attention, and help china to make deal with U.S and japan on other issues, particularlly taiwan and Diaoyu island

Back