N.Korea Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying Frog if Japan is nuked by china it will definatly bring the USA in, japan is one of americas major trading partners, they have a defence pact, there are american troops in japan who are going to be affected by the nukes! If the USA did not respond then it would be seen as weak and unwilling to help its allies and no country wants that. Japan will become involved in a war if the threat is percieved to be big enough, they cannot allow themselves to be bombed out of existence.

China will never ever win the war if they threw a nuke and not to mention the consequences for China will be SEVERE. You think the Germans had it bad? You guys will be screwed.
Seriously that is a stupid thing to say. "We'll nuke Japan." Then again I'd expect that sort of stuff from you. How many nukes does China have anyway?
Nukes are out of the question and we might as well not talk about it because the consequences will be so severe it's not going to matter anyway.

Back on topic, even with Chinese conventional intervention, North Korea still may not win.
I've listed a lot of reasons why, and sure it's by no means impossible that NK wins without help... though the chances of that are so remote I wouldn't really count on it. With Chinese helping out and with no one helping South Korea, they could just about do it. But the chances of South Korea being left to fight alone with the Chinese rolling in is smaller than NK beating South Korea on itself so might as well forget about that scenario.

Since this is Korea Thread, let's not talk about China's Nukes.
Just bear in mind, nukes are not made for show, they are made for use, history has proven nukes beat.

But just for your info: China has 2500 nuke warheads, number of ICBM=unknown.

Let's back to N.Korea's nukes, NK has claimed they will use ANYTHING to attack Japan if japan got involved in war with N.Korea, never heard about it? Is this ANYTHING something refering to Nukes?

Frog, you've had a tendency to throw out the "we'll just nuke em" thing far too easily. In several of those Taiwan threads, you just casually threw in "well, that's too bad, we nuke you." You went the same direction when talking about Japan in this thread.

Just consider that US policy toward the Soviet Union was a hair trigger - that is to say, it wouldn't have taken much provocation by the Soviets to set the whole thing off. Why would the US policy be candyass just cuz we're talking about Asia?

Now I thought the intent of this thread was to discuss whether South Korea could go it alone against North Korea? Bringing in China kills that idea completely and drags the entire world into it.

No wonder your so misinformed flyingfrog, that website is the biggest piece of propaganda i've ever seen. China lost 90,000 troops in 1 week, I think the allies lost around 250k-300k in a 3 year period..... And its claiming China had a 2 to 1 kill death ratio. At the very least it was 4 to 1 for the allies not to mention they were extremely outnumbered.. I think the Romans and the Greeks gave fairer casualty listings of their enemies..

Well, to me the most obvious sign that the site in question is propaganda:
What did Mao say about US after the Korean war?
A non-biased reporting would not give a damn about "What Mao said." To a neutral observer, what "Mao says" is completely irrelevant. There was a complete lack of a "What Harry Truman said" sectioin. China is the only one that CAN know what the exact casualty totals for their army, but nobody trusts them to be honest about it. Who are they accountable to and who is doublechecking the facts?

Consider the way in which the Korean War was fought after the Chinese invaded:
UN philosophy: Kill as many Chinese as possible before they can reach the front lines. Use napalm, gasoline bombs ... anything to keep them from reaching the allied forces. Once they do reach the front lines, do everything possible to limit the numerical advantage of the Chinese.
Chinese Philosophy: Overwhelm by sheer numbers. Swarm the UN forces under. Do the best you can with what you have. Since there is not the means to adequately arm everyone, we'll improvise.

Those types of opposing concepts should have lead to drastically lopsided casualties. The source's numbers would be miraculous under the circumstances at best. More likely pure fabrications.

Chinese suffered MASSIVE casualties in the Korean War. To really say otherwise, considering the type of warfare they waged, is just pure nonsense.

The main weapon the Chinese had on their side during the Korean war was:
1) Numbers
2) Surprise
3) Allied forces were worn down after fighting the North Koreans
4) Allied forces were worn down because of the fighting in extremely cold weather.
5) Cold lead to a lot of the equipment not working properly. Not so much a problem to the Chinese as it was to the allies (South Korea, USA, Turkey, UK etc).

North Korea couldn't fight with those tactics. They operated much more like a modern day professional army.

North Korea couldn't fight with those tactics. They operated much more like a modern day professional army.

Now you really cracks me up.

NK army in Korea war? They were laughing stocks in warface, they could do nothing seriously. The Chinese commander Peng Dehuai was so pissed off at their leader Kim that he gave Kim 2 slaps on his face.

S.Korean army in Korea War? What a laughing piece again, they were not soldiers at all, they were so weak so cowardic they have become jokes in PLA army since Korea War, I have been polite not to mention this to you in my old posts, yet you started to take your pride too high, I really find that funny :D

Flying Frog, ever heard of the RoK 1st Army? They fought well and distinguished themselves in the war.
Really South Korea's army was outclassed and it's a miracle they were able to hold in the Busan perimeter at all.
North Korea's army was a very well motivated, organized and equipped PROFESSIONAL army. it fell apart when they lost Seoul in the Inchon landings. They didn't have the manpower to do the insane human waves. They had more veterans from the war against the Japanese in their ranks, making them better combat experienced than their Southern counterparts. Not to mention their equipment was top of the line for their day.

I find you funny Flying Frog. Insanely funny.
I find it insanely funny that you guys would actually make jokes after taking casualties that nearly reach the 1 million mark. After breaking all the records of getting killed in such mass numbers and so quickly you guys really have a case to be laughing.
Seriously. I think we've reached a point where we can't really have a debate or a discussion because you live in a completely different world.
Don't you even remember that before the reforms changed the country in the 70's and 80's, China was really a VERY VERY large poor country?
Only now do Chinese businessmen who live in Southeast Asia associate with China. In the past decades they largely ignored China.

If you cannot conduct yourselves like adults, feel free to find another place to spend your time, because you will not last long here.

I do not want to go back to locking every other topic on the forum and I do not like banning members, but if you all do not take a careful look at the forum rules and start abiding by them, both of those things are going to start happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back