N.J. Students Ticketed for Jaywalking

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
N.J. Students Ticketed for Jaywalking
TEANECK, N.J. (AP) - Teaneck officials will meet with parents who are fuming after police ticketed middle schoolers for jaywalking. Some of the Thomas Jefferson Middle School students are as young as 11. About half a dozen students were returned to school in police cars so their parents could be...

Parents should be ticketted for not raising their kids right. I'd be willing to bet there is a bit more to this than meets the eye. Methinks the LEO tried to warn them and the "kids" got mouthy. ;)

In Australia, as far as i know the legal age of responsibility is 8 years. However I think that cops here would not have the kids charged unless malice could be proven. It would be highly unlikely that anything more than speaking to the parents would result.

Yeah...I don't see a cop giving them a ticket straight off the bat.
They might have been rude little sh*ts and need a wack in the behind.

Fine them and make them do community service. Teach them at a young age to respect the laws of the country.

Oh but Kiwi they're poor oppressed pigmently challenged urban youth, making them work is a violation of their perceived rights.

Oh but Kiwi they're poor oppressed pigmently challenged urban youth, making them work is a violation of their perceived rights.
Oppressed??? I will give them Oppressed!

Pet peeves in this world is cheeky snot nosed kids under the age of 21 and Uni Students :???:

Franky I reckon the world should only have 30 year olds and up 8)

Actually, it nearly happen to me.

I was late for an appointment and thought I could beat the traffic, except a cop car I didn't see had to break suddenly to avoid hitting me. Boy, were the cops pissed. Lets just say the NYPD motto of 'courtesy and respect' was termporary pu on hold. I couldn't complain, as it was totally my fault, and not one of my brighter moments I admit. The driver wanted to cite me but luckily his partner urged him to continue on.

Anyway learned a very valuable lesson that day.

Last edited:
Back