N.J. Student Penny-Protesters Pardoned

thank you, they got their message across.

the_13th_redneck said:
Soon to come: All kinds of disciplinary problems. Tolerate one, you have to face them all.
Well, if paying for food was against the law, that would be a problem.

Yeah but you gotta bust them while they're still kids or later you'll have to send them through a Chinese boot camp to get the message across.

Some people took this WAY too seriously. It was a protest about the shortened lunch period. They made their point. Punishment has come and gone. Life moves on.

On one hand, they paid for their meal but on the other hand lunch lady Doris should have taken about twenty minutes counting the coins from the first student. Sooner or later the rest of the students would stop seeing the funny side and beat the living crap out of him then no need for detention.
"One..two...thr... Oh crap, what comes next. Oh bugger it, I'll start again"

Yeah but you gotta bust them while they're still kids or later you'll have to send them through a Chinese boot camp to get the message across.

I am with 13th.

A big part of kids not being responsible for any of their actions (and turning out badly for society, imho) is because the parents think it's cute when they do something that is a "prank."

Some pranks are fine, some are not, in my opinion this prank isn't one that is fine. It screws with the other students and I totally see where the lunch ladies feel like they are being disrespected.

I am with 13th.

A big part of kids not being responsible for any of their actions (and turning out badly for society, imho) is because the parents think it's cute when they do something that is a "prank."

Some pranks are fine, some are not, in my opinion this prank isn't one that is fine. It screws with the other students and I totally see where the lunch ladies feel like they are being disrespected.

Does is show that the lunch periods are too short? I believe it does. They're doing it FOR the other students.

I think a peaceful protest like this is the best way to get your point across in a democracy. It's not like they were just making trouble for the sake of making trouble, they were doing it because they were treated unfairly. And you really should speak out if something wrong is happening in society.

Back