Mysterious Snoopy patch. Can anyone help identify ???

AGE_USAF

Got this patch from I can't remember where. A firend gave it to me some time ago. It was in a truck of old stuff he got form somewhere. Anyway, you get the idea.....now it's up to me to find its origin. Any help is appreciated.
292969.JPG

292972.JPG

if I recall correctly, the guy I got it from said the person wo owned it worked in an early engine shop. Looking at the patch construction, it's all embroidered on a cheesecloth type backing. Presumeably pretty old. I was hoping that it could possibly be a copy of some nose art long forgotten. I think the snoopy might help date it since the character came about in the 1950's. Still, an interesting patch. It measures about 10" across and 6" high.

I know it's a stretch but the flag looks like it has 50 stars or close. That would put it in or after 1959.

AGE_USAF said:
Got this patch from I can't remember where. A firend gave it to me some time ago. It was in a truck of old stuff he got form somewhere. Anyway, you get the idea.....now it's up to me to find its origin. Any help is appreciated.
292969.JPG

292972.JPG

send me the patch in a mail, i'm a patch collector, and i get some precious patches ID books; i guess yours come from the VN era, even if i can't see the pictures
luck ;)

try this site usafpatches.com it's a good one for 50-s and later era USAF type

Hello if it is Snoopy standing on top of two jet engines holding a US Flag/s it is the emblem for the 3355th Student Squadron Jet Engine Maintenance School-Chanute AFB,Illinois late 50's or early 60's,I think it's on an oval background ?
WeBeEmblems@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if it is the patch that eblemhunter was talking about it is a patch of the 3352 jet engine maintenance training squadron from Chanute AFB training center.

I was a student in the 3352 in 1981 and just recently removed that patch from one of my old jackets, to keep the patch.

I was searching for a picture on line of that patch to use as an avitar and stumbled on this thread.

I hope this information helps.

Last edited:
I was in an AF AGE unit and we had a patch of snoopy with his finger in his nose and below it said 'hand picked'. Your patch image didn't show up.

patch image fopr avatar

Yes if it is the patch that eblemhunter was talking about it is a patch of the 3352 jet engine maintenance training squadron from Chanute AFB training center.

I was a student in the 3352 in 1981 and just recently removed that patch from one of my old jackets, to keep the patch.

I was searching for a picture on line of that patch to use as an avitar and stumbled on this thread.

I hope this information helps.
You can probably find the image you want at this site in the Gallery, just type in the search box the unit and it should go there if it's listed
USAFpatches.com

P.S. If you would like a leather patch of it , I make them ...........
Johnny/emblemhunter

Snoopy Patch

I went into the Air Force back in Jan. 1974. I went to school at Chanute AFB for jet engines. I worked on the large engines to work on B-52's and KC-135's. While there we would buy a blue flight jacket or blue jean jacket and have the snoopy over 2 jet engines patch sown on the back of our jackets. We would have other patches added to our jackets as time went on. I have thought about my jacket many times as to where it went? If any one has one of those patches I would be honored to buy it from them. Gary Phillips

snoopy patch

I did not see the picture but Snoopy patches were worn on bush hats made in Vietnam. I did see some and the service were Air Force personal

Back