Myanmar dissident dies under questioning (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - A leader of Myanmar's recent mass protests was arrested Wednesday, and a member of the opposition party has died during interrogation by security forces, an exile group said.

More...

The US justice Department has just authorised the use of violence in interrogation, so it must be OK to do this.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/justice-document-gives-green-light-t45136.html

It's only "torture" when it is done by others, when we do it, it is interrogation under duress which is much more tasteful.

And showing your true Anti-American side now after showing your anti-Israeli colors? US doesnt torture dissidents. They give a hard time to terrorists you want to defend. And terrorists must be dealt with. I m surprised your brain can't differ a terrorist from a dissident.

I m glad I can see through you now... What a load of waste!

Last edited:
My brain can tell the difference, and likewise it can also see the irony in the fact that criticism is being leveled at others for things that we approve of ourselves.

In the country concerned those whom we call dissidents are viewed as terrorists so there's no difference.

It's called looking with both eyes.

You see nothing other than what you wish to see, in effect you are blinded by your own narrow minded views.

Last edited:
okay, now that he's gone for good, can we get this back on track?

Dies during questioning does sound suspicious... are any other countries looking in to this?

okay, now that he's gone for good, can we get this back on track?

Dies during questioning does sound suspicious... are any other countries looking in to this?

I think that every civilised country in the world would be aware of it, but also being aware of the political climate in Burma they realise that there is little that can be done other than registering their objection.

It is almost certainly little more than cold blooded murder designed to keep dissidents aware of who is running the country and the futility of resisting their rule.

Back