My Xbox 360 is dying.....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I've had my box since late 2008 and it's on it's final breath. Starting to freeze mid game, etc..... Red Rings will be here soon.

On the rbight side I ordered the Special Edition Halo Reach Xbox 360 as a replacement. I'll get the old one fixed and give it to my niece.

May it rest well.:salute2:

Also, yea I know what mean, I am on my second console as well, mine died in the middle of Red Dead Redemption.

Now it lives as a retiree in it's box in my closet, dealing with the Microsoft consumer service department, is well, let's just put that one it's perspective box as well...

Check to see what the cause is of the failure is. It might be covered in the MS warranty. You might get it fixed for free.

Check to see what the cause is of the failure is. It might be covered in the MS warranty. You might get it fixed for free.

Roger that.... I'll give them a call.

I got the HALO Reach edition Xbox 360 just last week as a replacement. That's running fine. If I can get the old one working I'll put that in the living room.

PlayStation 3 is obviously far superior to Xbox 360. It is like a mini home entertainment system; I have owned the Wii, Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 and I can easily say that, whenever somebody comes into the store and asks I will ALWAYS recommend the PS3.

PlayStation 3 is obviously far superior to Xbox 360. It is like a mini home entertainment system; I have owned the Wii, Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 and I can easily say that, whenever somebody comes into the store and asks I will ALWAYS recommend the PS3.

My video game system run down from earliest gen to today.

Atari 7800
Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Master System
NEC Turbografx-16
Nintendo Gameboy
Atari Lynx
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega CD
Nintendo Gameboy Pocket
Sega 32X
Sega Nomad
Sony Playstation
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Sony Playstation 2
Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP
Xbox
Nintendo Gamecube
Xbox 360
Sony PSP
Retron 3 (NES, SNES, Genesis Clone that plays all three on one system)

I'm BIG into gaming.... the PS3 simply doesn't attract me. There are no games on the system that are "Oh My God, I NEED TO HAVE IT" and their online network isn't polished and smooth. The Xbox 360 works fine....

This isn't the first system I've killed. Buried a PSX, PS2, and a original Xbox from simply wearing out the CD Drives. For my original Xbox 360 to last as long as it did and the amount of hours I've logged on it. I'm impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.

PS3 online doesn't even come close to what the XBOX can offer, not by a longshot. PS3 has some good titles, but the absolutely STELLAR games are XBOX.

Ultimately though the decision is on what games you want to play not the console. Personally I don't find games on PS3 that appealing and I already have a blu-ray player. So there is little interest for me.

If you are that big a gamer, could I steer you unto PC gaming? Getting a good gaming PC is somewhat expensive (but then again so are guns and girlfriends :camo:) but if your as big an addict as I, PC gaming is the way to do it. Beats ANY console hands down!

Last edited:
I'm BIG into gaming.... the PS3 simply doesn't attract me. There are no games on the system that are "Oh My God, I NEED TO HAVE IT" and their online network isn't polished and smooth. The Xbox 360 works fine....

Are you joking? The quality of the PlayStation exclusives far surpass that of Xbox 360 [Gears of War and Halo...really?!?]. There are many must have games for the PlayStation 3 which are absolutely fantastic...God of War III, Little Big Planet, Infamous I & II, Resistance & last but not least MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, one of the best games ever made [Multiple reviews gave it a 10/10].

I don't see how PSN isn't polished and smooth. I know we don't have those stupid avatars for those who like to play dress up, but the support it gets is excellent, especially seeing that it is free unless you want to get PSN Plus [Which gives you far more privilege that Xbox Live]

Im still a green box man...

I do know this, reach looks so awesome in HD...But the graphics engine is showing it's age.

Oh well Red Dead still looking amazing.

Are you joking? The quality of the PlayStation exclusives far surpass that of Xbox 360 [Gears of War and Halo...really?!?]. There are many must have games for the PlayStation 3 which are absolutely fantastic...God of War III, Little Big Planet, Infamous I & II, Resistance & last but not least MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, one of the best games ever made [Multiple reviews gave it a 10/10].

I don't see how PSN isn't polished and smooth. I know we don't have those stupid avatars for those who like to play dress up, but the support it gets is excellent, especially seeing that it is free unless you want to get PSN Plus [Which gives you far more privilege that Xbox Live]

MGS is the only series that is one a PS3 that I want. Been a MG fan since day one on the NES. As for everything else you listed. Not interested.

Halo is great not just for game play but story. Gears of War also has a great story. I'm still old school. Looks and graphics aren't the sole thing that sells a game. It's game play, story, creativeness, and quality. If looks were everything then the market would be dead and I still wouldn't be playing my NES and Atari 7800.

The PS3 just doesn't have many titles on it that I want. Simple as that.

I agree that the 360 is unreliable. I bought a Playstation3 a couple of years ago, around the time some friends got 360's. The PS3 is the only one still going. Microsoft replaced most of their consoles, but it shows that the Xbox is not very well built. I also had an original Xbox, which broke after around 100 hours of play an made it immpossible to play most games.
If you look for creative games, how can you not be interested in Littlebigplanet? It is the most creative game ever made, hands down. The platforming is a little slippy at times, but I'm BETA testing the second one, and there a huge improvements. I'd go as far as to say it's on a level with Mario.
The way I see it, the 360 is for people who only enjoy shooting stuff, the Wii is for people who mostly enjoy platformers and the PS3 is for people who enjoy a wide range of games.

I've never had any problem with the XBox 360 except that the remote sometimes wouldn't work.
My favorite console game: Halo 3
Want to try the Reach

I would recommend the ps3 as well, the exclusives are much better. Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, and MGS4 are all amazing. Just get one, you'll never go back again.:pray:

I would recommend the ps3 as well, the exclusives are much better. Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, and MGS4 are all amazing. Just get one, you'll never go back again.:pray:

Holy dead thread revival Batman!

Last posting on this topic was back in 2010.

Back