My wife.

Trooper1854

The Brit Pack
A year ago my wife collapsed and suffered a serie of seizures.
The diagnosis was Viral Meningitis and Encephalitis.
She has recovered well, left with a little weakness in her left arm, and she can fumble her words when tired and run down.
On the whole everything was going ok untill saturday when she was taken ill again.
I got into A&E pronto where among other tests they did a Lumbar Puncture which has confirmed that the Meningitis is back.
She is in hospital again, but this time the virus was caught before it could do anymore permanant dammage.
She is recovering slowly, but will be in hospital for a week while she has intravenous anti-virals.
If I'm not about much its because I'm spending all my time with her as she is in isolation to protect her weakened immune system from other infections.

I'll be back!

Thanks everyone, your kind wishes mean a lot.
We've just found out she will need two weeks of intravenous anti viral drugs.
This means she will need to stay in hospital, in a side room for that time, unless they agree to release her to my care and allow me to give her the drugs 3 times a day.
As a Paramedic I am fully trained to do this, it just needs the Doctors to agree to it.
We will wait and see.

Best wishes to good health for the both of you, Trooper and Ms Trooper.

I remembered when my wife needed dexamethazone shots for the pregnancy of our third child- he was expected to be born premature. She was released from hospital when they knew I am a nurse and can give IM for these.

It was fun- jabbing her with a needle...

I'm so sorry to hear that she's had a relapse, Trooper. I didn't know that could happen. Praying that she kicks its butt once and for all!!!

God bless.

I have best wishes for the both of you! I really do hope this terrible sickness passes and after it all it draws you both closer together.

Best wishes and prayers for you my friend.

Like everyone else here, I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's illness.

Thankfully she has a good mate who looks after her.

Both Shirl and I, send our Very Best Wishes.

Just a quick update.
Sharon is responding very well to treatment.
She's on weapon's grade anti-virals 3 times a day and needs another weeks worth.
On the down side, those bloody Doctors can't cannulate to save their lives!

Squeamish people don't look; these are Shaton's arms after a week.
Fifteen atempts to establish an IV, all failed so they've put a central line in!
The poor girl looks like a bloody junkie!!!!

IMG00395-20121124-1446.jpg

She's getting well and that's all the really matters.

Oh that poor woman!! That looks incredibly painful. :( I'm very happy to hear she's getting well, despite looking like a pin cushion.

Give the missus a big hug from me mate, and tell her we are thinking of her. Just as well she's got a good bloke looking after her.

Trooper, you have a real good soldier there. Another good trooper, tell her you have a whole bunch of people rooting for her, and we are all wishing the best for her...

As for Opa Brit says, give her hug for me...

And tell the doctors, should they mess with her, the IMF team will be visiting them soon, in their home, when they are showering...

Take care, buddy... :)

Just a quick update.
Sharon is responding very well to treatment.
She's on weapon's grade anti-virals 3 times a day and needs another weeks worth.
On the down side, those bloody Doctors can't cannulate to save their lives!

Squeamish people don't look; these are Shaton's arms after a week.
Fifteen atempts to establish an IV, all failed so they've put a central line in!
The poor girl looks like a bloody junkie!!!!

IMG00395-20121124-1446.jpg

She's getting well and that's all the really matters.

Shocking photo! :shock:

Even I can put in an IV line and I'm not even a doctor!

Glad to see she's on the mend. Best wishes to her. :D

Back