my update, Irish army

dougal

well just back for the day. Im passing out on Thursday. Got the best recruit award and Im going to be based in my home town after my trainning up till xmas.

:)

dougal said:
well just back for the day. Im passing out on Thursday. Got the best recruit award and Im going to be based in my home town after my trainning up till xmas.

Based on my expeience of Irishmen when you say "passing out on thursday" do you mean literally, professionally or both?

Congrats.

Ahhh, he's back... :shock:

Welcome nback Dougal, and congratulations with the award! :cheers:

MontyB said:
dougal said:

Based on my expeience of Irishmen when you say "passing out on thursday" do you mean literally, professionally or both?

Congrats.

haha, gotta love Irish people!! theyr the most wonderful drunks, aint they? haha, good job on making it thru, and even getting awards? nice job

Congrats Dougal.
I heard on Fox News today that the IRA is backing off with aggression against England. Probably because they feel sorry for them with the nonsense against the terrorists. The Irish and Englanders out to get along better anyway, there almost the same folks.

Its kinda nothing to do with england its with the loyalist, i live in belfast and at the moment the only ones making a problem are the loyalist parties as there is a big divide in them etcetc the usual. But ya its great to see ira 'saying' there leaving down weapons but we'll just have to wait and see.
Congrats Dougal, going for an olde snakebite?! :p where in ireland u from?

lol oh ya the irish and englanders are almost the same folks, i would never repeat that in front of either an english person or an irish person again if i were u! :p

IrishOne:

I am not trying to anger you, I promise. It's just the way I see it.
Same with the Arabs and the Jews. Pretty much the same people and they have all the problems with each other over religion mainly as I see it.

It is pretty confusing but not to them, I guess.

Welcome back and congratulations, you have a right to be proud.

Calling us drunks, comparing us to the English, and assuming the troubles are all about religion .... stereotypes and misconceptions abound. So nice to see that people are adamant in their ignorance.

Good doing, Dougal. Keep up the good work, lad.

aye its not even about religion these days thats just a cover for ppl who basically wanna sell drugs and arms. Using the english vs irish cover just isnt it.

Im from Galway. Now recruit training is out of the way and Ive only 4 more months of training I hope to get more involved in this site on a more mature bases.

I rather not comment on N.Ireland cause its very confusing and hostile and I dont even understand it all. Ill try start a topic on it.

I hope thats the end of talking about N.Ireland on this post because its about the Irish army. And I have started many topics on Ireland and the IRA but they never got any intrest.

Ive started what might be what the yanks call a 'Frist class privates' course. Its hard but treated like humans with more time off, but mentaly vert tough. The 5women in the platoon are slowing it down alot and are acusing the 'men' of not supporting them, very childish. We worked well till now.

Galway :shock: nooooo lol ah no fair play to ye, I'm from Tipp.
What base you at? I kow a few lads in nuig that are in the army, doing engineering there.

Im training in Athlone HQ BTC, but wont see my home base until 17th Dec. Training until then, im based in Galway.

NUIG, hate them any soliders there are officers!! :?

Hopefully il get back to college and get my degree in time so that I can be an officer rank of Captain and out rank my old recruit platoon comander. :lol:

:firedevi: :biggun:

But frist il have to be an Infantry man for a while. Gaillimh abú

Well saturday consisted of my frist forced loaded 15km route march, I realy enjoyed it, some views in my home county.

But what realy peed me off was the usual slackers (the females) who got to sit most of it out in a jeep and watch there section run up and down a hill with a rifle over there head. I was lucky weve only one girl in our section and she did it with a smile on her face .

Are females the same in your unit. In my platoon we have five women, three of them are a disgrace. Thats all il say, one tries but is lacking and one is up there with the top.

I finaly made the army mag in Ireland 'An Cosantoir'. (Back page) :roll:

RnderSafe said:
Calling us drunks, comparing us to the English, and assuming the troubles are all about religion .... stereotypes and misconceptions abound. So nice to see that people are adamant in their ignorance.

Good doing, Dougal. Keep up the good work, lad.

I'll second that opinion! Too bad such misconceptions keep being repeated.
Congratulations and good luck in the future to you Dougal.
Really enjoyed your joke posts although I have only gone through about one quarter of them at this point.
:D

Back