my update, Irish army

Long time since your last posts now Dougal.
Welcome back, hope everything's ok.. :D

Well my frist 10months in the army, im a qualified private with a weapons course.

So all weapons used so far,
Steyr 5.56
GPMG 7.62
Swraa
M203
Grenade
Mag SF
60mm Mortar
84mm A-T

Think thats it.

On St. Patricks day we move into Portlaoise prison for two months, the most heavily secured prison in europe.

What did I do? Im a newbie in the barracks im getting all the sugar jobs. Portlaoise prison is home to Irelands biggest convics most being IRA, INLA members and the european drug dealers, so the army have a presances on this civi jail

ah you guarding the real bad boys eh?
good thing you are tougher than those ill disciplined sods

craic to ya doug, good luck

portlaois..god love ya. I'd say thats wild exciting. At least its handy if ya go to electric picnic, stradbally is just over the road.

I bust my knee playing hurling so got put of the prison list.

Two days ago I concered the highest mountain in ireland, one of the toughest things ive done but very doable. Im still hurting

dougal said:
I bust my knee playing hurling so got put of the prison list.

Two days ago I concered the highest mountain in ireland, one of the toughest things ive done but very doable. Im still hurting

Carrantuohill! Great little climb, good for novices. If you aren't used to climbing, though, that was a tough one to start with. Get that money shot with the iron cross? Good job!

Btw, did you guys use Devil's Ladder? Last time we were there, we ended up having to descend that way to help a few climbers that had busted their ankles from all of the loose boulders on DL.

Back