my update, Irish army

dougal said:
Well saturday consisted of my frist forced loaded 15km route march, I realy enjoyed it, some views in my home county.

If you enjoyed that, then you should really look forward to your first 30km, 50km etc.. marches... :twisted:

Keep up the good work Dougal, looking forward to the next update.. :D

onya dougal

sounds like you are having a good experience, keep it up!!

look forward to your next update

Ahh, I heard that strange voice again... :shock:

:lol:

Welcome back Dougal, sounds like you're having a great time.
What altitude are you jumping from?
I've "fallen out" of helis a few times, but only in civilian skydiving equipment..

Nah not jump, jump. But a quick unload drill into action from 7 or 8 feet.

Its been ages since ive been here.

Im finish training in four weeks now. I cant wait and Kosavo is looking likely in april.

dougal said:
Nah not jump, jump. But a quick unload drill into action from 7 or 8 feet.

Ahh, I see... :D

So what happens after you've finished training?

After 28 weeks of training Il have an 8 week special weapons training and then back to my home unit.

Oh an Irishman. Always was interested in Ireland, especially Christy Moore, like him!! he has got some pretty good stuff you know... :)

RnderSafe said:
Calling us drunks, comparing us to the English, and assuming the troubles are all about religion .... stereotypes and misconceptions abound. So nice to see that people are adamant in their ignorance.

Good doing, Dougal. Keep up the good work, lad.

I'm not Irish, but I'm sure not gonna call the Irish drunks, or any Irishman a drunk.

Thats really very stereotypical, imagine a drunken Irishman, has anyone ever heard of such a thing,... c'mon now lets get real here.

How the Irish got this bad rap about being a bunch of drunks is beyond me.

If you are Irish, I can see how this portrayal of your race as drunks can be offensive. In fact, alot of people find it highly offensive.

So if by any chance you find yourself being offended by such stereotypical attitudes, just sit down, pour yourself a glass of whiskey and have a drink, that should calm your nerves.

;)

Oh yeah... Dougal, good work, keep us updated.

Oh an Irishman. Always was interested in Ireland, especially Christy Moore, like him!! he has got some pretty good stuff you know...

Am ya Christy is my avatar!!

Where did you do your jumps dougal? I've done 2 in carlow hacketstown some place down there.

With the aircore in our training ground Carnagh in Roscommon. Only heli dismounth jumps.

Got home today after a long week of NBC (nuchelar, biological, chemical) training and CRC (crowd riote control). Got the be jaesus kicked out of us today but it was great craic. Best day training yet.Oh lord bring on the Wombles and Kombatt18. And look forward to meeting you guys in Kosavo.

Only three weeks left. :) two and half weeks on the ground. Next sunday in the gas chamber, dont like the sounds of that yet.

Well I passed out yesterday. our 84 hours on the ground wasnt to bad. Alot of NBC CBRN training which was tough. Anyway after 7months trainning Im finaly a private, no holding back im starting an infantry support weapons course next week.

dougal said:
Well I passed out yesterday. our 84 hours on the ground wasnt to bad. Alot of NBC CBRN training which was tough. Anyway after 7months trainning Im finaly a private, no holding back im starting an infantry support weapons course next week.

Congrats

Its ended on a sad note. Early this morning a friend who completed training with me, his father was a sgt in the barracks I trained in, a friendly face on our lines at night took his life while on security in the barracks.

shit
deepest condolences to you, your friend, his family and all he passed his knowledge on to

Our friend has joined us, fair play to him.

Were currently stuck in Donegal north of Ireland on the border, beautiful county but crap weather. Trainning ont the 84mm A-T, Mag SF and the 60mm Mortar.

Well started back in my home unit in my home town, very excited about it and enjoying it so far.

So ill be back bugging everyone here,

Dougal is bacK
Looking like Liberia in November

Back