My thoughts on the Tucson, AZ shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I cannot understand, for the love of God, is why someone like that nutcase Fred Phelps would want to do something like that. I understand the "freedom of speech" concept that Americans hold so dearly too (please do not take it as offensive), but I think this moron has just taken it a wee bit too far...
You answered your own question perfectly here. He's a total nutcase. People like him and his followers just don't have the same connections in their brains as the rest of the general public. Something isn't wired correctly. Fried.

And I totally agree with you on the "freedom of speech" comment. I believe in free speech, but he takes it too far. There needs to be balance in life and I don't think we as American's find that balance very well.

If I lived close enough I would organize a massive protest outside their church and then have people take turns protesting in front of his house.
We'll get boom boxes and give him the Noriega treatment :lol:

If I lived close enough I would organize a massive protest outside their church and then have people take turns protesting in front of his house.
We'll get boom boxes and give him the Noriega treatment :lol:

I love it!!! Count me in!!! When do we start!?!?! :D

Let's party .....................

I love it!!! Count me in!!! When do we start!?!?! :D

I'll supply the wood and barrels for the fires to keep warm. I'll even throw in a few marshmallow 'spears' and 2 or 3 bags of marshmallows.

We could even have a weenie roast while making this pig's life miserable.
:hide: YOU CAN'T HIDE TURKEY

:bored::coffee: Someone needs to supply coffee and a ball for when we get sleepy or bored. HOW ABOUT YOU???

We can travel. Or move. I'm willing to move. More than willing to move.

Chief, I volunteer to bring the coffee and chairs. We'll need some place to rest.

I'll bring the "Jesus Hates You" sign.

or even funnier, show up and look like you're in support. Sing songs, praise... and just get louder and never go away. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, this place is crawling with rules and crawling with moderators who practically get boners making sure those rules get enforced.

There are going to be topics where the original topic goes into a tangent. If you want to be so damn picky then go ahead and start locking the threads once they go off topic and quit threatening to do it.

Would you like to know what is going to happen then? This place will stay as slow as it has been for the past year or so.

I would really love to be able to post here and have some conversations and sharing of opinions without one of you moderators jumping down my throat for "name calling" or reading yet another person has gotten a temporary ban or gotten in trouble for sharing their opinions in a non care bear way. I miss being on the forums, but I'm just totally sick of this place and all of the "rules."

***Redleg, I realize keeping this place clean with so many potential members, SPAMing and other things can get out of control if you don't keep a hand on things, but in my opinion you need to tell these guys to let up a little or this place is just going to stay dead.

^^^Amen, Pixie.

On the topic of the shooting, did anyone else watch the Democratic Convention.....er memorial service.....tonight? I kept waiting for the balloons to drop and someone to start handing out big "We're Number 1!!!" foam fingers. It was disgusting.

Well if thats the way you two feel. Then you are free to hit the hatch. I'm sure a metric ton of hearts will be broken, but I'm sure the pain will ebb in time.

ROFLMAO ..... all the way .....

I have been ROFLMAO for the last few days .. watching the righties pointing their fingers at the lefties .. and .. accusing them of trying to make political points, while at the same time, trying to deny any possibility that this maniac was swayed by rightie .. extremist rhetoric. Rhetoric which was especially laden with violence during this last election cycle.

While rhetoric has been tossed around on both extremes, the rhetoric from the right was filled with character assassination, put-downs and calls to arms (violence).

We will probably NEVER know for sure what triggered this rampage, but .. to even deny the 'possibility' that rhetoric played a part, is to act like an Osterich ... putting our heads in the sand.

Don't be an Osterich or :

Like this man ..
businessman-head-sand_x12038715.jpg

I have been ROFLMAO for the last few days .. watching the righties pointing their fingers at the lefties .. and .. accusing them of trying to make political points, while at the same time, trying to deny any possibility that this maniac was swayed by rightie .. extremist rhetoric. Rhetoric which was especially laden with violence during this last election cycle.

While rhetoric has been tossed around on both extremes, the rhetoric from the right was filled with character assassination, put-downs and calls to arms (violence).

We will probably NEVER know for sure what triggered this rampage, but .. to even deny the 'possibility' that rhetoric played a part, is to act like an Osterich ... putting our heads in the sand.

Don't be an Osterich or :

Like this man ..
businessman-head-sand_x12038715.jpg
Now exactly how long did it take the MSM to blame Palin? A couple hours max. Blaming her & the Right. Then there was Maj. Hassan screaming "Allah akbar" & the MSM saying we should'nt rush to judgement, yada yada yada. Just depends on whom the shoe might fit. Sheriff Doof-nick out politicizing instead of investigating. Yup, the Left should really be proud of thier performance politicizing from the get go.

bit too much of animation for my liking....
c'on lets be sensible here- politicizing enraged or just bored maniac...

Well if thats the way you two feel. Then you are free to hit the hatch. I'm sure a metric ton of hearts will be broken, but I'm sure the pain will ebb in time.
Listen buddy, I have read just about enough **** from you.

I'm sure you wouldn't give a damn if either of us did leave, but you know what, you aren't being very smart. Though I guess I shouldn't be expecting much from you, most of the time you are just busy bitching at people and enforcing yourself as big bad moderator.

It just so happens if you keep pissing people off - people that actually post here more than once or twice before deciding to leave - you are going to run off everyone and this forum...oh wait.

You've pretty much already done that haven't you?

Anyone want to count up the names of the regular posters who still come by here all of the time?

So on that note, why don't you shove your little comments up your ass 03USMC.

:)

Really? ......................

Really. :stupid:

---To everyone here who is NOT a moderator (so maybe like 10 of you?), I just wanted to let you know I may not be around much longer - I might get BANNED.

I just got privately spanked by O3USMC for not following the forum rules like a good girl should.---

I mean really, if you want to ban me along with everyone else who has some history on this forum feel free too. I'll miss what I used to consider a fun place to be and what used to host some great conversations before some of the moderators took over like miniature forum Hilter's.

I'm hoping for the day where a little bit of your power is diminished so this forum can get back to it's fun and healthy self, but until then you can be warned that I am not really going to give a crap what you say to me because I have lost all respect for you guys. It's time for you to earn back your respect from me - and from the other members here.

I can promise you I'm not the only member who feels this way and if you want to keep up your "WARNINGS" and your "I'm-going-to-lock-this-thread" threats then so be it. You aren't doing any harm to us - all of us can find another forum to post on, make new friends, and be able to post without being harassed at every corner. The only harm you are doing is directly to this forum.

I'm pretty sure the only reason some of us have stuck around is specifically because we've been here so long and had good times here and we're hoping this is just a stage. I personally also have some major loyalty and love for this forum as it was the link to the best thing that has ever happened to me. I stayed away for a while because honestly...nothing is worth posting on here because of you moderators. Every political discussion that could be a really good conversation and sharing of opinions is kicked down by one of you and it's just not worth it to share opinions here, especially when you have to re-read a post five times to make sure it won't offend anyone. It really takes the fun out of debating a topic or opinions. Why do people come on the internet? Fun, debating, sharing opinions, learning...you've taken all of those away in some form or another.

I'm ready to go ahead and let you all know this instead of sitting off on the sidelines waiting for you to realize what you are doing. Pretty soon you are just going to be moderating yourselves. You might have the power, but you won't have the people.

I would like to hear some decent, thought out feedback from you moderators.

I, along with others here, have been members long enough to get some answers, don't you think?

What others? There are several Military members that do not come here any more because of the teeny bopper BS that goes on from you and your ilk.

I've been pretty much gone from this site *or posting on just the "Neverending Threads type of topics* for almost a year now. Really 03USMC? Come up with an excuse a little better than that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back