My RoKMC Service Specific Physical and Interview

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
I survived the interview. The interviewing major kept picking on me because I lived abroad for so long... the other guys in my interview group said they felt kinda bad. lol.
I got full marks for pushups and I got the rating just under full marks for situps. So basically 90%ish.
I can't see why I won't qualify for boot camp.

The major who was interviewing us made me keep going on and on in English. Then one of the guys who was in our group got his turn, he said his major in university was English and English literature.
So the major makes HIM speak English. Obviously it's not as good as mine. Then when he's done the major calls my name again. And I say, "yes, sir." He tells me to translate what the guy said. I wasn't REALLY listening so I had to paraphrase it... basically the version without the names. Not sure if he was testing me or testing the other guy ... probably both.

Pushups... I was like the only guy who did them kinda right. Me and this other guy who was paired up with some other dude but the guy was right next to me. Most of the dudes were basically doing the "fvcking" manouver. So they got 72 pushups in 2 minutes. The poor bloke who was paired with me managed only to do 45... which makes you wonder what on earth he had shown up for. He was thin as a bean pole and obviously VERY stylish. He didn't get very far with his situps either. 72 pushups in 2 minutes is full marks and 82 situps in 2 minutes is full marks. I made 72 and 74 respectively... not great but not bad considering I was BUSTING to take a piss at this point!

good job 13,

so it's looking like you'll be one of those very scary look SK marines!

to this;
_371196_skmarine150.jpg

hmmmm

Great work mate, at least you have your choice of career going well. Its awesome to see that you came very prepared as well. :?

Sorry Chewie :lol:
I don't keep my pictures up for very long anymore. There are some pricks from this other board who abuse pictures so I just show it for a short while and get rid of it before they have any bad ideas. And a picture as suspect as THAT one, H3LL yes I'd get rid of it. LOL!

Killgore, it always pays to be prepared. This one guy who was my partner for the pushup and situp test certainly had zero preparation and it looked like the guy had never done any sports or athletic thing in his life! He bunched his hands together at shoulder width for the pushup. That's fine... if you're working out, or if you're in the RoKMC 1st level physical test and want to flunk out. Then he barely struggled to do 45 of those and I was VERY generous as well. He must have gone down like 5 cm on some of the final ones. But I wasn't fussed. If he's smart, he'd go work out for the two months he has before we hit boot camp (if he makes it which I doubt), and if he doesn't, well, he's screwed. His situps were midly better because I think he did some workouts that kept him thin to impress the ladies. But his final score was close to 50 or 60%.

Even at 90% physical and a decent run at interview I'm not guaranteed to qualify for boot.
I guess that guy doesn't have a chance in hell and we're lucky for it.

It sure does pay to be prepared but, i didn't make it in officer position on friday because they said i need more life experience and im too young (18 years old), though i was told that i have leadership potential. It was not exactly something i could have prepared for.

I have physically prepared myself no doubt. I do 30 min run on a treadmill every day and can do up to 40 pushups and 100 sit ups. Obviously being physically prepared isn't enough for officer position. Anyway im going in general entry where i hope to get in pretty easily because i physically prepared myself. Afterwards after several years serving as a low ranked soldier, i'll apply for an officer position again. The Warrant officer recommended that i take this approach.

Anyway its good to see that you got into something you worked hard for and i hope you make it through boot.

40 pushups in how many minutes and 100 situps in how many minutes?
40 pushups isn't a lot. You still have a lot of work to do.

If you want to go officer, why don't you go to college and go ROTC? I'm sure Australia's bound to have a program like that. Or if you want, go to a military school (though I wouldn't recommend it... after all, what if you end up not liking military life?? Also I have the impression that it may hamper the "thinking out of the box" mentality but that's just my impression so don't take it too literally).

Thanks for all the blessings.
I just hope I get the green light for boot now.

the_13th_redneck said:
40 pushups in how many minutes and 100 situps in how many minutes?
40 pushups isn't a lot. You still have a lot of work to do.

If you want to go officer, why don't you go to college and go ROTC? I'm sure Australia's bound to have a program like that. Or if you want, go to a military school (though I wouldn't recommend it... after all, what if you end up not liking military life?? Also I have the impression that it may hamper the "thinking out of the box" mentality but that's just my impression so don't take it too literally).

Thanks for all the blessings.
I just hope I get the green light for boot now.

new zealand and i'm pretty sure ozzie has the cadet forces, kinda like a youth army air force & navy....goes from ages 13 up to twenty

We don't really have anything like that. I mean ADFA (Australian Defence Force Acadmey) is bascially a Uni based on the Defence Force, except that is the start of your Officer training (Unless you don't want to go to Uni, like me). The only way you can expirence the ADF before you join is either be related to a serving/ex-serving member, or as Chewie said, the Cadets.

i could've gone infantry officer training straight out of high school with my grades aparently....although i'm sure they would've brought up life experience too

well done mate!!!
by the sounds of it you are laughing, you did so well, thats fantastic, bet ur pleased to see that work pay off eh??
best wishes for whatever else you face, im sure you will find a way to whup its ass!!!!

Back