My RoKMC Service Specific Physical and Interview - Page 2

--
Boots

March 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

40 pushups in how many minutes and 100 situps in how many minutes?
40 pushups isn't a lot. You still have a lot of work to do.

If you want to go officer, why don't you go to college and go ROTC? I'm sure Australia's bound to have a program like that. Or if you want, go to a military school (though I wouldn't recommend it... after all, what if you end up not liking military life?? Also I have the impression that it may hamper the "thinking out of the box" mentality but that's just my impression so don't take it too literally).

Thanks for all the blessings.
I just hope I get the green light for boot now.
March 22nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
40 pushups in how many minutes and 100 situps in how many minutes?
40 pushups isn't a lot. You still have a lot of work to do.

If you want to go officer, why don't you go to college and go ROTC? I'm sure Australia's bound to have a program like that. Or if you want, go to a military school (though I wouldn't recommend it... after all, what if you end up not liking military life?? Also I have the impression that it may hamper the "thinking out of the box" mentality but that's just my impression so don't take it too literally).

Thanks for all the blessings.
I just hope I get the green light for boot now.

new zealand and i'm pretty sure ozzie has the cadet forces, kinda like a youth army air force & navy....goes from ages 13 up to twenty
March 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Well... by ROTC I meant the University officer training program. The real deal.
--
Boots
March 23rd, 2005  
Bory

We don't really have anything like that. I mean ADFA (Australian Defence Force Acadmey) is bascially a Uni based on the Defence Force, except that is the start of your Officer training (Unless you don't want to go to Uni, like me). The only way you can expirence the ADF before you join is either be related to a serving/ex-serving member, or as Chewie said, the Cadets.
March 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

To be an officer, a university level education is manditory. Just take it.
March 23rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

i could've gone infantry officer training straight out of high school with my grades aparently....although i'm sure they would've brought up life experience too
March 23rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

http://www.specialoperations.com/For.../Default2.html

You can read about the ROKMC there.
March 24th, 2005  
Big_Z

Congratulations 13th, I wish you the best of luck in your military career.
March 24th, 2005  
Locke

well done mate!!!
by the sounds of it you are laughing, you did so well, thats fantastic, bet ur pleased to see that work pay off eh??
best wishes for whatever else you face, im sure you will find a way to whup its ass!!!!
March 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Of all goes well, I'll be a Marine 03-something