My promotion

cpl_clarke

Yay! Im pretty excited cause i got a promotion. I went from private to corporal. I know its not a big deal but its only my second promotion so i still get excited! :lol:

congrats!

dont you mean C/cpl ;)

and how is it your second if you were a pvt before? do you spend time as a "recruit" or something? :?:

rotc boy said:
congrats!

dont you mean C/cpl ;)

and how is it your second if you were a pvt before? do you spend time as a "recruit" or something? :?:

Ya sorry i forgot the C/.....And yes there is a time spent as a recruit. We call it the rank of Cadet to keep it simple. After you pass your first level you go up to Private but you can get it earlier depending on your skill level. After you complete your second year you go up to Corporal, but once again you can get it earlier on...and this is pretty much how it goes throughout our whole rank system.

Good job lad, and ROTC boy we don't have the Cadet in front of our rank, I guess we're somehow special in the USNSCC.

rotc boy said:
congrats!

dont you mean C/cpl ;)

The official abbreviation in the Canadian Cadet Movement does not have
a "C/" in front of the rank. We aren't referred to as "Cadet Corporals" or "Cadet Sergeant" like CAP and JROTC are. It's just simply corporal or sergeant or warrant officer 2nd class.

BTW: Congrats on your promotion, corporal and good luck on getting master corporal!

Trevor said:
rotc boy said:
congrats!

dont you mean C/cpl ;)

The official abbreviation in the Canadian Cadet Movement does not have
a "C/" in front of the rank. We aren't referred to as "Cadet Corporals" or "Cadet Sergeant" like CAP and JROTC are. It's just simply corporal or sergeant or warrant officer 2nd class.

BTW: Congrats on your promotion, corporal and good luck on getting master corporal!

I didnt even know that. Thanks for the info on that. And thanks everyone for the congrats. Hopefully getting Master Corporal wont be too hard. Most of our seniors are leaving the corps so there will be LOTS of room for advancement within the next year.

Back