My new rant about things...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Rough times ahead...[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]My fellow Americans, the following days, months, and possibly years ahead will be rough.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]With the current situation in the Middle East with Iran, Syria, Palestine, and the foreign fighters entering Iraq and Afghanistan we will have a hard fight. Israel, our closest ally is facing an impending threat of Nuclear Armageddon from Iran and her allies. She will defend herself and her people. For the State of Israel must survive. But sadly if Israel is drawn into a large scale conflict we more then likely will be drawn into it also. If not the economic attacks that Iran and OPEC is leading against us will seem like a cake walk.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In regards to our economy; we are facing a major event. We are on the verge of a depression. Sadly this depression is not created by the Bush Presidency; it is created by our own actions and also that of the world. We are taxing our own businesses to death. They simply will not stand for this and will move their resources to better locations like those found overseas. By making they move overseas we are destroying the jobs that were once plentiful. Secondly, our open borders must be closed. I am for the legal immigration of people. That is what makes our nation great. But we cannot continue. For the illegal immigrants but a strain on our public and private sectors. They take income from legal Americans and do not contribute to the public sector. They do not pay taxes but they use public services. This must stop. To change that we can either deport them and close our borders to them or if not then let's at least replace our antiquated income tax system with a national sales tax system. By doing so then at least everyone that is paid under the table contributes to the public sector. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Due to our recessing economy crime is on the rise. This is a fact of life. When people have no source of income they turn to crime. And I for one am against crime period. To combat this we must pull ourselves together and fight the criminal. We must stay armed and vigilant. Criminals pray on the weak and timid, not the strong and powerful. Stay armed and stay safe. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Also our economy is going down because of OPEC. We must shed the yoke of their oppression. To do this we must go after our own resources. We have oil in our own lands and coasts yet we do not go after them. The People's Republic of China, one of our enemies is drilling for oil of the coasts of Florida. The PRC, a nation in which workers' rights and work safety mean about as much as a drunkard trying to sign the alphabet back-wards while standing on one leg. Why do we restrict ourselves from these resources? Because of the liberal eco-terrorists; claim that we cannot do the job safely and environmentally friendly. Yet because of them the PRC is going after those resources and we're not. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Another issue with the fuel problem is Bio-Fuels. I am all for getting off the oil nipple but turning our food in fuel does not solve it. For one, Ethanol based Bio-Fuel does not produce the same amount as energy as gasoline or diesel. It has a lower BTU output, so what that means is that for your vehicle to get to the same place it must burn more fuel. Not exactly productive if you ask me. Secondly and more important then the first. By turning our corn into fuel we are burning our own food source. Right now as you read these there are food riots all across the world. This is the first time in history that the United States of America USA, the bread basket of the world is importing wheat instead of exporting it. Also by burn our corn we are providing less feed for our cattle, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and other farm animals that produce food. The general price in food is rising because of this. Milk, Beef, Chicken, Cheese, Corn, Wheat, Rice, etc… How does the price of wheat and rice raise you ask? Because of this more farmers are planting corn for bio-fuel production. I understand why they are doing this. It's a larger source of income because the Federal Government is pushing its production thus the farmers will try and make money. But they only the short term impact and not the long term impact. It's never been wise to burn our food and we should not start now. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Our Government on all levels is starting to become Orwellian in nature. Our government was founded as a system in which we the citizenry of these United States of America were the master and not the slave. But sadly the tides have changed. What once used to be a government of elected representatives that listened to their constituencies is now a government of elitists and abusers of power. We have elected officials in all levels of power that abuse and pass laws that go against our rights. They wish to strip us of our rights to freedom of speech, the right to keep and bear arms, the freedom of religion, the right to be secure in one's home or on their person's, the right to privacy, the right to education whether it is through public or private schools, and many other means to turn use from citizens to subjects. Our schools been corrupted from centers of learning to centers of brainwashing. Our police our being turned from protectors of the peace to the Gestapo/KGB of the State. To stop this is simple. We must fire those in power and continue to do so. From the lowest to the high position in the land. We must send a message. Even those that are running for the Presidency are elitists that believe they know better then we do. Both with the Democrat and the Republican we must stop this. For once we lose our rights they are forever gone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]We must make alliances with our enemies. the People's Republic of China is not our ally. They are our enemy. They simply sit by their sidelines and have us do all the work and they take the rewards. We provide them with our income and with it they produce weapons that will one day be used against use. They are just like Japan in the 1930s. We sold Japan scrap metal and other resources like rubber that was later used against us in war. We must not do the same with the PRC. We send them our jobs, money, and technologies. By sending them our jobs we limit ourselves to produce the good that we need in case we go to war or worse. If they just wish to attack use through economic warfare. They can simply close shop on use and watch us suffer. Also by sending them our jobs we lose skilled labor that would have been used by hard working Americans and that would have demanded and created better jobs but by moving it to the PRC we are shooting ourselves and allowing them to succeed. Because that labor they can now export through goods to the rest of the world. Something that we as a nation once did. The term "Made in the USA" was once a sign of the world's best craftsmanship but now it means nothing. Why? Because we continue to support our enemies.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lastly, please educate yourselves. Most Americans that I have seen and meet are dumb. Some literally, but some in matters that are important. You can have a PhD in Rocket Science but sadly you can be naive in matters of politics and public matters. America was once a nation that was envied by the rest of the world for our education. But now most Americans on the street cannot even name all fifty states or even know if there are fifty states. If we as a nation know nothing then we cannot prevent acts of evil from prevailing. Knowledge is power. Remember that… [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In the end, stay safe and keep this great nation going.[/FONT]

'Nuff Said….

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post needs editing when you are calmer. I agree with most of what you say. See my post "Modest Proposals" for recommended solutions. Call a Constitutional Convention by the states, because it is certain that Congress will never do so. Americans need to reach a consensus regarding what they want from government, because otherwise government will continue as an unbridled behemoth devouring the nation.
:2guns::sniper::tank:
Lonnie Courtney Clay
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/modest-proposals-t59636.html

Last edited:
5.56 - That is a very brave and up-front post, because straight-talking is very unpopular. Well, it ain't unpopular with me, I can tell you.

Start from that point America, take a good look.:brave:

Rant #2 (in reply to Rant #1) :mrgreen:

1. Israel. Should defend itself. The MSM is bias in the US, as it only shows the Isreali prespective of things, but the truth is Israel, like China doesn't treat its neighbors very well. It occupies land that doesn't belong to it by claiming a "divine right" to it, as if it were on a Crusade. Most Arabs are willing to recognize Israel as long as they stay with their borders, even Hamas as said it would being willing to agree to a cease-fire as long as long as Israel returned to the 1967 border. No country (not even the USA) recognizes Israeli Territorial occupation.

2. The economy does have its ebbs and flows, thats true. But that doesn't mean it isn't impacted by outside events. The current economic situation is largely because of Bush. We have 2 wars, 2 huge Tax cuts that benefited the wealthy, we have huge cuts of corporate taxcuts, followed by the Government bailout of any huge company that falls victim to its own greed (see Bear Sterns). High oil prices, high food prices, and deregulation which led to curruption (EnRon, Worldcom, Tyco) and predatory lending practices which led to the housing crisis. Our economy is vast, but when you put this much strain on it things start to break. Bush wont even admit we are in a recession, despite the evidence to the contrary (just like he argued for 2 years that we were winning in Iraq, when we clearly weren't).

3. About Oil, your totally wrong here. First of all the problem isn't oil (theres plenty of crude available), the problem is a lack of refining capacity. This has always been the problem. The US does have untapped oil reserves (like ANWAR) but they aren't that large. Often, its more expensive to get to the oil out tham the oil is actually worth. The oil prices have NOTHING to do with environment. It has to do with Overwhelming Demand from new markets in China and India, every single economist (liberal or conservative) as said this. China has a Billion people, and they are all trading in bicycles for cars. -Thats the problem.

4. BioFuel is only a short term solution, It was never intended as a permanent solution. Its merely meant to buy time until technologies like Hydrogen Fuel cells can be perfected. The GLOBAL rise of Food prices has more to do with the price of oil than biofuel, because transportation costs are so much higher. Thats the real culprit.

5. I don't disagree about the Orwellian state, but alot of this new executive power was done during the Bush Administration because in their arrogence they never once imagined that they were wrong and that they would lose power. The question is this: if the Democrats win the White House and control Congress, will they relinquish the powers of the new Imperial Presidency that Bush obtained? Or will the temptation of absolute power be too great, as it was for the GOP. I say its 50-50.

6. Want to hurt China? Don't buy their junk. That means don't shop at discount stores like Walmart and K-MART which are basically Chinese import warehouses. But are Americans willing to spend extra to buy American? so far that doesnt seem to be happening. China is rearming itself using OUR money. which we spent buying their junk. But whose at fault? Ours.

Last edited:
Actually our man closer to economists is more correct here.
There is a higher demand for oil than ever before. China and India are definitely the top reasons here. You've got the two most heavily populated countries in the world industrializing at a rapid rate... it's almost surprising we can afford to run our own cars at all.

EDUCATION

I do agree education is KEY here. Smart people are proactive and creative enough to find solutions to problems. Although education is key, the problem runs even deeper...

First off we have this kind of media-lawyer kind of "team up" that just screws every body else's line of work. Education is hard hit with this as well and so is medicine (so I hear). Basically it is now illegal to discipline kids at school and if you don't discipline kids, the kids don't learn anything. So they're sitting around at school... the vast majority of them wasting a good 12 years learning nothing but slang, gang activity, bitches and hos etc. In other words, nothing constructive.

This media - law relationship is dangerous because what happens is the media sensationalizes an event that is relatively rare... basically the exceptions to the rules. It gets blown up that people think that's what it's like... even though it only made the news because it was so odd. Then there comes cries from the public for the government to do something about it... then someone more proactive with money hires a lawyer and launches a crusade over a problem that just isn't a real problem. Then what you have is a law that's based on an exception to the rule that now governs the things that operate by rule. In other words, the law goes against the reality.
Then what you have is a first class **** up.

I know I've gone on tangents here but what it means is, the media - lawyer relationship plus an idiotic public who believe everything the media says are a major factor in why things seem to keep going on an irreversible trip south.

That and also the lack of funding for teachers and schools. It's true that you can't solve a problem by throwing money at it, but you need salaries that attract good professionals to teaching and laws that empower them in the classroom. Without those, those classrooms might as well be used for storage.

We also have to STOP using the news networks as our primary source of information. Basically if they say "twelve die in a train crash in Alabama," that's about the limit of the truth to that story. The rest is opinions and analysis by someone who doesn't know a darn thing about trains and the train industry. Look out for "facts" that are in fact opinions. "Hybrid Cars Unsafe," is an opinion.

ON ISRAEL

Israel needs to protect Israel. We need to be real careful about dealings with them. Not to mention, there is no secret that there is a VERY strong Israel lobby in the US government. The Israelis are not to be given a blank check.

IMMIGRATION

So illegal immigration is a problem so we're going to limit legal immigration? Am I the only one that finds that funny? Also the "protect US jobs" is a joke. Most of these legal immigrants fill in jobs that have a short supply of qualified US citizens. I mean, it makes sense don't it? Even in the most liberal immigration law environments, it's easier to hire a local. The douche bag who's barely qualified for McDonald's isn't going to suddenly start fixing computers.

THE REAL POWER

The real power in America is not so much in the government but in the press and the lawyers. They can turn public opinion against someone faster than you can say "coffee," and knowing the kind of muckrakers out there, I'm sure they got a lot of dirt about just about everyone.
I find it hard to understand why it is legal to write highly biased (basically half truths, the worst sort of lying) articles to destroy someone's life, yet it is illegal to shoot someone through the face. If you think about it, if you shoot someone through the face, it's actually pretty instant and theoretically painless.

CHINA

Face it. We will have to just live with them in a long standing Cold War. The Chinese won't go away as they haven't gone away for thousands of years. The owners of the Pyramids are gone. The owners of the Great Wall are the same dudes.
Just wait until they start getting rich. They will have the same problems as us. Then again, maybe they're not as stupid as we are.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]With the current situation in the Middle East with Iran, Syria, Palestine, and the foreign fighters entering Iraq and Afghanistan we will have a hard fight. Israel, our closest ally is facing an impending threat of Nuclear Armageddon from Iran and her allies. She will defend herself and her people. For the State of Israel must survive. But sadly if Israel is drawn into a large scale conflict we more then likely will be drawn into it also. If not the economic attacks that Iran and OPEC is leading against us will seem like a cake walk. [/FONT]
Why do we have to defend Israel? Can't they do it by themselves like they have so many times before?
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In regards to our economy; we are facing a major event. We are on the verge of a depression. Sadly this depression is not created by the Bush Presidency; it is created by our own actions and also that of the world. We are taxing our own businesses to death. They simply will not stand for this and will move their resources to better locations like those found overseas. By making they move overseas we are destroying the jobs that were once plentiful. Secondly, our open borders must be closed. I am for the legal immigration of people. That is what makes our nation great. But we cannot continue. For the illegal immigrants but a strain on our public and private sectors. They take income from legal Americans and do not contribute to the public sector. They do not pay taxes but they use public services. This must stop. To change that we can either deport them and close our borders to them or if not then let's at least replace our antiquated income tax system with a national sales tax system. By doing so then at least everyone that is paid under the table contributes to the public sector. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
These companies that are taking business overseas were still making profit, just not as much as they could overseas. I agree that the economy stinks, but I think it has more to do with cutting taxes to the upper class (which pays a lot of money) and then starting two wars than anything else. Immigration is a problem, but it's far from our biggest. The jobs that these Immigrants are taking from "hard working American Citzens" are at McDonalds, Wal-Mart, or public service jobs such as Garbage Collecting. How many Americans really want to make minimum wage anyway?
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Also our economy is going down because of OPEC. We must shed the yoke of their oppression. To do this we must go after our own resources. We have oil in our own lands and coasts yet we do not go after them. The People's Republic of China, one of our enemies is drilling for oil of the coasts of Florida. The PRC, a nation in which workers' rights and work safety mean about as much as a drunkard trying to sign the alphabet backwards while standing on one leg. Why do we restrict ourselves from these resources? Because of the liberal eco-terrorists; claim that we cannot do the job safely and environmentally friendly. Yet because of them the PRC is going after those resources and we're not. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
Do remember that China is 60 years behind the US Technologically. Soon, they're going to find themselves where we are now.
Also, aren't we trying to reduce our dependence on oil? Why should we try to go after more of it when it's close to wildlife preserves (and it is NOT a clean job)?
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Another issue with the fuel problem is Bio-Fuels. I am all for getting off the oil nipple but turning our food in fuel does not solve it. For one, Ethanol based Bio-Fuel does not produce the same amount as energy as gasoline or diesel. It has a lower BTU output, so what that means is that for your vehicle to get to the same place it must burn more fuel. Not exactly productive if you ask me. Secondly and more important then the first. By turning our corn into fuel we are burning our own food source. Right now as you read these there are food riots all across the world. This is the first time in history that the United States of AmericaUSA, the bread basket of the world is importing wheat instead of exporting it. Also by burn our corn we are providing less feed for our cattle, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and other farm animals that produce food. The general price in food is rising because of this. Milk, Beef, Chicken, Cheese, Corn, Wheat, Rice, etc… How does the price of wheat and rice raise you ask? Because of this more farmers are planting corn for bio-fuel production. I understand why they are doing this. It's a larger source of income because the Federal Government is pushing its production thus the farmers will try and make money. But they only the short term impact and not the long term impact. It's never been wise to burn our food and we should not start now. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
I agree, Ethanol isnt' the answer. Neither are Fuel Cells. Electricity is the solution. Clean up power plants (less coal, more solar power. A 100 square mile strip of solar panels in the Mojave desert could power all of the US.) and use cars that can be plugged in to an AC outlet.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Our Government on all levels is starting to become Orwellian in nature. Our government was founded as a system in which we the citizenry of these United States of America were the master and not the slave. But sadly the tides have changed. What once used to be a government of elected representatives that listened to their constituencies is now a government of elitists and abusers of power. We have elected officials in all levels of power that abuse and pass laws that go against our rights. They wish to strip us of our rights to freedom of speech, the right to keep and bear arms, the freedom of religion, the right to be secure in one's home or on their person's, the right to privacy, the right to education whether it is through public or private schools, and many other means to turn use from citizens to subjects. Our schools been corrupted from centers of learning to centers of brainwashing. Our police our being turned from protectors of the peace to the Gestapo/KGB of the State. To stop this is simple. We must fire those in power and continue to do so. From the lowest to the high position in the land. We must send a message. Even those that are running for the Presidency are elitists that believe they know better then we do. Both with the Democrat and the Republican we must stop this. For once we lose our rights they are forever gone.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
True. Says so in the Declaration of Independence. However, good luck rounding up people who will support you.
Then: Give Me Liberty or Give me Death!
Now: Give up your freedoms or we're all gonna die!
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]We must make alliances with our enemies. the People's Republic of China is not our ally. They are our enemy. They simply sit by ther sidelines and have us do all the work and they take the rewards. We provide them with our income and with it they produce weapons that will one day be used against use. They are just like Japan in the 1930s. We sold Japan scrap metal and other resources like rubber that was later used against us in war. We must not do the same with the PRC. We send them our jobs, money, and technologies. By sending them our jobs we limit ourselves to produce the good that we need in case we go to war or worse. If they just wish to attack use through economic warfare. They can simply close shop on use and watch us suffer. Also by sending them our jobs we lose skilled labor that would have been used by hard working Americans and that would have demanded and created better jobs but by moving it to the PRC we are shooting ourselves and allowing them to succeed. Because that labor they can now export through goods to the rest of the world. Something that we as a nation once did. The term "Made in the USA" was once a sign of the world's best craftmenship but now it means nothing. Why? Because we continue to support our enemies.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Actually, when it comes to cars, it's better for the US economy if you don't buy American. Buy Japanese. Honda Accords are made in Marysville, Ohio. 96% of the Toyota Sienna minivan comes from the US (compared to about 45% of the Ford Mustang). The best way to buy American is to buy Japanese.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]Lastly, please educate yourselves. Most Americans that I have seen and meet are dumb. Some literally, but some in matters that are important. You can have a PhD in Rocket Science but sadly you can be naive in matters of politics and public matters. America was once a nation that was envied by the rest of the world for our education. But now most Americans on the street cannot even name all fifty states or even know if there are fifty states. If we as a nation know nothing then we cannot prevent acts of evil from prevailing. Knowledge is power. Remember that… [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]In the end, stay safe and keep this great nation going.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I gotta agree with that one. But for once it's not the fault of the American Citizen. Absolutely NO Geography is taught in schools. It's disgusting. I know people who can't point out Ohio on a map when they LIVE there. But schools are so tightly budgeted along with the Every Child Left Behind Act are causing more strife than good in schools.

:brave:It's a mess.

hehe I love these "Things aren't going our way and its everyones else's fault" rants.

I gotta agree with that one. But for once it's not the fault of the American Citizen. Absolutely NO Geography is taught in schools. It's disgusting. I know people who can't point out Ohio on a map when they LIVE there. But schools are so tightly budgeted along with the Every Child Left Behind Act are causing more strife than good in schools.

:brave:It's a mess.

Umm how is it not the citizens fault?
Who elects your education representatives (School boards, PTA's up to federal government level), China, Arabs, Israelis or American citizens?

Last edited:
For the State of Israel must survive.

What right has Israel to survive over that of any other state that came into existence largely by evicting and killing its indigenous majority? Admittedly it depends how far back you go, since most states including the US would be on shaky ground in this respect, but this is within living memory of many whom still live there.

This depression is not created by the Bush Presidency; it is created by our own actions and also that of the world. We are taxing our own businesses to death.

The current financial crisis is more to do with lending poor people more money they can afford to pay back and everyone living beyond ones means who are now drawing in the reins.

When people have no source of income they turn to crime.

To reduce crime you need to reduce income inequality. Income itself has little to do with it. Taxing the rich to pay for meaningful work, urban regeneration, better education and welfare reform might be a better idea.
"Income inequality has been associated with both homicides and births to adolescents in the United States and with homicides internationally. … These results, coupled with no association with absolute income, suggested that violence and births to adolescents may reflect gender-differentiated responses to low social status and could be reduced by reducing income inequality"
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1449337

Also our economy is going down because of OPEC

There is a long-term energy crisis evolving that involves OPEC, but this is due to Western dependence on oil and the lack of investment in alternative sources of energy. Ultimately it is caused by the extravagance of Western society and developing countries attempting to emulate them.

Another issue with the fuel problem is Bio-Fuels…turning our food in fuel does not solve it.

I totally agree, at least as far as corn feedstock is concerned, but perhaps the real source of the problem is that there are too many people in the world, driving oversize inefficient vehicles further than they need to. The US and Western Europe (if not the world) however has a surplus of food (if not why are a large proportion of the population obese?) and a shortage of oil from stable sources, so the promotion of biofuels in such areas is hardly surprising.

Our Government on all levels is starting to become Orwellian in nature.

I agree. However, if you see a terrorist around every corner, want 100% protection, and can’t discriminate in favour of whites, this is inevitable isn’t it? How would you use technology and intelligence if in charge of security?

The People's Republic of China is not our ally. They are our enemy. They simply sit by the sidelines and have us do all the work and they take the rewards.

Workers in developing countries have been, and still largely still are, the slaves of the Western powers. Most still toil the land and work in sweatshops for a pittance so Westerners can buy cheap food, raw materials, and low grade manufactured goods so we can re-brand and repackage them and sell them off at extortionate profit. Without them and the more recent immigrants the base would fall out of the world economy.
The Japanese played dirty, but they accepted the new rules after the war and flexed their economic muscle instead. For a country with hardly any indigenous resources they must be an example to the industrial world.

Umm how is it not the citizens fault?
Who elects your education representatives (School boards, PTA's up to federal government level), China, Arabs, Israelis or American citizens?
The students sure don't. :x (that's what I meant. I should edit that. naah.)

Curriculum's have nothing to do with what you will need in real life, they're based on what will be on the Graduation Tests. And the Every Child Left Behind Act demands good results on those tests. :sarc:

It's a chain reaction that ensures good test grades and stupid people.

What right has Israel to survive over that of any other state that came into existence largely by evicting and killing its indigenous majority? Admittedly it depends how far back you go, since most states including the US would be on shaky ground in this respect, but this is within living memory of many whom still live there.

I am not a fan of Israeli Government, but even I don't deny the Israeli's right to a homeland. True, 1948 was unfair to the Arabs but it was 60 years ago. We cannot correct a wrong with another one. We can however tell the Israelis that we do not, and will not, tolerate their illegal territorial claims. Just because the Nazis did it to the Jews in the 1930-40s, doesn't mean the Jews have the right to do it to someone else.

The current financial crisis is more to do with lending poor people more money they can afford to pay back and everyone living beyond ones means who are now drawing in the reins.

But thats the BANKS who are at fault. Ordinary People are not financiers, when you ask for a loan you should get HONEST appraisal of how much you can afford to borrow. Bankers and Financiers know all the rules and loopholes to cheat, ordinary people don't. The problem in America is Predatory lending, Banks that took a gamble on the housing market by extending loans to people who couldn't pay them back, and now they want homeowners+US Government to pay for their own bad judgement and greed. There is no way a mortgage should be legally allowed to go up 400% in a single month, its extortion. Its the Bush Administrations fault because they run the FTC, (the governmental organization thats supposed to be policing this type of scam). But the GOP has always had a lassiez-faire (deregulation) attitude in business: and the housing market crisis is the result.

To reduce crime you need to reduce income inequality. Income itself has little to do with it. Taxing the rich to pay for meaningful work, urban regeneration, better education and welfare reform might be a better idea.
"Income inequality has been associated with both homicides and births to adolescents in the United States and with homicides internationally. … These results, coupled with no association with absolute income, suggested that violence and births to adolescents may reflect gender-differentiated responses to low social status and could be reduced by reducing income inequality"
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1449337

You are absolutely right, but therein lies the problem. The Uber-Rich in American don't feel obligated in paying taxes. Actor Wesley Snipes is about to do 3 years for this, and hes small potatoes. You take the Mars Family (the candy company), Richard Scraif (big US Publisher) these guys pay millions in legal fees (they have entire law firms, devoted to this) and political contributions to avoid paying income tax. Leona Helmsley (big real NYC estate devolper) was quoted as saying "Only little people pay taxes". All of these people are not Millionaires but BILLIONAIRES. And heaven help any politican who raises their taxes. The GOP Jihad in the 1990s against the Clinton's started because Bill Clinton raised the taxes on the uber-rich by 1%, (which led to the largest economic boom in 30 years, but I digress...). The GOP didnt give a damn about God, Bosnia, Guns, or Lewinsky, it was the tax hike on the rich that pissed them off.

There is a long-term energy crisis evolving that involves OPEC, but this is due to Western dependence on oil and the lack of investment in alternative sources of energy. Ultimately it is caused by the extravagance of Western society and developing countries attempting to emulate them.

And of new oil demands by emerging markets, but otherwise you are correct. Well said.

I totally agree, at least as far as corn feedstock is concerned, but perhaps the real source of the problem is that there are too many people in the world, driving oversize inefficient vehicles further than they need to. The US and Western Europe (if not the world) however has a surplus of food (if not why are a large proportion of the population obese?) and a shortage of oil from stable sources, so the promotion of biofuels in such areas is hardly surprising.

Its a factor but not the overwhelming one. The reason I say this is because Food prices are going up everywhere, especially in countries (Middle East, Africa, Asia) that eat more rice than grain, and therefore biofuel is not grown there. There is not a global food shortage (although there are regional shortages due to severe drought). But the real culprit is high oil prices as its so much more expensive to ship food now.

I agree. However, if you see a terrorist around every corner, want 100% protection, and can’t discriminate in favour of whites, this is inevitable isn’t it? How would you use technology and intelligence if in charge of security?

I was just reading a few moments ago that US border patrols now have the right to check your laptop PC as your cross the border. Not to check to see if its a bomb, or being used to smuggle drugs, but to actually make a copy of your files and examine them. George Orwell is turning in his grave.

Workers in developing countries have been, and still largely still are, the slaves of the Western powers. Most still toil the land and work in sweatshops for a pittance so Westerners can buy cheap food, raw materials, and low grade manufactured goods so we can re-brand and repackage them and sell them off at extortionate profit. Without them and the more recent immigrants the base would fall out of the world economy.
The Japanese played dirty, but they accepted the new rules after the war and flexed their economic muscle instead. For a country with hardly any indigenous resources they must be an example to the industrial world.

I don't call that playing dirty, I call it playing smart. They redeclared war on the USA in 1945 but chose another method to wage it, and this one they are winning. You have to give them credit, they were smart. As for the Chinese, what you say WAS true but thats presently changing. Now the Chinese want to live like westerners do (cars, cellphones and laptops), to get that lifestyle that means companies have to start paying more in salaries. This is actually good news for us, because as Chinese salaries go up, so will the price of their imports to compensate. This will Allowing for US and European brands to compete at home, doubly so because our products are superior in quality to the Chinese. The era of cheap Chinese junk is soon to be over.

Last edited:
(Biofuels)
Its a factor but not the overwhelming one. The reason I say this is because Food prices are going up everywhere, especially in countries (Middle East, Africa, Asia) that eat more rice than grain, and therefore biofuel is not grown there. There is not a global food shortage (although there are regional shortages due to severe drought). But the real culprit is high oil prices as its so much more expensive to ship food now.

Mmarsh I understand that increased demand for meat in developing countries is probably the most important single factor. Feeding grain to animals is far less efficient than eating it directly. However, we come back to population and affluence again. The world can sustain only so many people at the standards we are used to, and the other 5 billion people will want what we have had for decades.

I was just reading a few moments ago that US border patrols now have the right to check your laptop PC as your cross the border. Not to check to see if its a bomb, or being used to smuggle drugs, but to actually make a copy of your files and examine them. George Orwell is turning in his grave.

You may be interested in reading my contribution to this thread, my arms got tired listing the abuses of human rights!

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/come-back-george-orwell-page2-t60185.html

I am delighted to see thoughtful replies to his original post. Gaining consensus on what are the problems and how to fix them is an essential keystone of democracy...
:drink:
Lonnie Courtney Clay

I am not sure how to react on the original post.... Is this really a much shared view on current affairs? Where to begin? I miss the selfreflection in many points.

For the illegal immigrants but a strain on our public and private sectors. They take income from legal Americans and do not contribute to the public sector.
If they weren't offered any jobs they wouldn't come now would they? How many illegals are working in American shops and why? Because they are cheap!
Also our economy is going down because of OPEC.
How about this? Your economy is down the drain because you spend more then you earn. America thrives on import. The credit card is as important as a lung and using it abundantly is even more important. Spending money which isn't yours will get you into trouble.
Because of the liberal eco-terrorists; claim that we cannot do the job safely and environmentally friendly.
Drilling for oil is a dirty business. And exploiting this in a mangrove will surely mean the end of this eco-system. And to give this oil to the Chinaman can mean only one thing: money.
Secondly and more important then the first. By turning our corn into fuel we are burning our own food source.
Come on man! Look at the ratio of obescity, the US has the highest ratio of dangerously fat people in the world. Food hardly costs a thing (according to my standard) and all-you-can-eat menu's are plentyful. And then we have overproduction. The average farmer in Ohio or Wyoming produces about as much on his own as a, average African country. So I reckon there is plenty of food to go around.
We have elected officials in all levels of power that abuse and pass laws that go against our rights. They wish to strip us of our rights to freedom of speech
Simple! Vote democrate... Who's laws started this process and don't blaim the terrorists on this one. The curtailing of privacy has brought a lot of trouble and did nothing to decrease the threat of a terrorist attack.

We must make alliances with our enemies.
Oh yeah right.... let's do this! How do you think you can make an alliance if you see them (and continu to see them) as an enemy?
By sending them our jobs we limit ourselves to produce the good that we need in case we go to war or worse.
Economics is a dog eat dog world. US businesses prefer to hire a Chinaman then an American... why? Because he is cheaper and complains less! Why keep your business in the US if it is much much more profitable to go elsewhere. Dutch multinationals do the same for the same reason. So it is not this global shift which causes or helps cause the economic decine.

And I want to end on an upbeat:
Lastly, please educate yourselves. Most Americans that I have seen and meet are dumb.
Luckily this is a global trend! I see it in my classroom too and I am a geography teacher for godsake! So this is isn't a US problem only. And topography doesn't make you a better captain of industry. It is merely an indication that you have been to school and know something. SUccesful businesses also thrive on good management and clever choices....

The problem is a lack of discipline.
How do you end up eating so much that you need two stools to sit down?
And as Ted said, why are people surprised that if you spend more than you earn, you'll be in trouble?
The issue, Ted, though is America isn't really a democracy. The electoral college and basically the current system doesn't allow for direct elections so if you live in a state that will vote Republican, you might as well stay home because the Republicans will win no matter what you do anyway. Either that or you can stand in line for about five hours for a vote that won't count either way.

The problem is a lack of discipline.
How do you end up eating so much that you need two stools to sit down?
And as Ted said, why are people surprised that if you spend more than you earn, you'll be in trouble?
The issue, Ted, though is America isn't really a democracy. The electoral college and basically the current system doesn't allow for direct elections so if you live in a state that will vote Republican, you might as well stay home because the Republicans will win no matter what you do anyway. Either that or you can stand in line for about five hours for a vote that won't count either way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree the electoral system is pasted its due, we would be better off with a popular system, its a fairer system too, everybody get to vote who they chose for. Of course that means the GOP would never become elected as there are much more registered Democrats than Republicans in America -and the GOP knows it. They would have to completely invent their platform.

We could see a few RED states switch this year as people are FURIOUS at the Bush Administration. Keep an eye on Colorado and Iowa, the Dems have a real chance to steal both.

Then of course are the purple states which are always at risk. But according to Gallup both Dems are beating McCain in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Florida, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Oregon.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/106579/Democrats-Leading-McCain-Purple-States.aspx

Ohio is usually a rather interesting state. The Northern half (Cleveland, Toledo, Akron) is almost always very Democratic. The Southern half (Cincinnati, Portsmouth) tends to vote Republican. The Middle (Columbus, Dayton) is usually divided about 50/50. It leaves some pretty interesting elections.

I guess that our system isn't all that bad then.... Anybody can start a politcal party, but if you want to come in the houses of parliament you must reach a 5% threshold. If you get less then 5% of the total votes you are not admitted into the houses of P. In the houses there are 150 seats which are divided according to the amount of votes and nobody ever gets an absolute majority. So you have to make deals with other parties so that you get 76 seats for a cabinet.
This ensures that differtent political ideas get to rule the country and that much more different political preferences get the support they need....

Fill up your laptop with gibberish files then encrypt them using high level encryption several times, and put a password on them in a hidden folder. The backroom boys will beat the password etc., in seconds, but the files will keep them scratching their heads for a while :-D.

That sounds great Ted. The candidates over here are beginning to blend together.

MMP has three major problems in that you end up with:

A) 50% of your officials are unelected "Party" candidates.
B) You end up with more politicians than you had before.
C) Minor parties end up holding the balance of power and usually end up wielding more power than there percentage of the vote should allow.

Having lived with both MMP and FPP (first past the post ie the candidate with the most votes wins the seat and the party with the most seats wins government) I would go back to FPP any day.

Fill up your laptop with gibberish files then encrypt them using high level encryption several times, and put a password on them in a hidden folder. The backroom boys will beat the password etc., in seconds, but the files will keep them scratching their heads for a while :-D.

Bleh just fill it with virus's and smile nicely.
I would doubt you could be charged with anything as you are not distributing them they are taking them.

Last edited:
Back