My new political party.

Rabs

http://www.theamericanparty.org/door/

Opinions on this party, I find it goes hand in hand wth my beleifs...mostly.

IMPORTANCE OF PERMANENT PRINCIPLES Is any political party dependable? Yes, The American Party is, and only The American Party. The American Party has written into its Constitution a set of "Permanent Principles" which it, and its candidates, will stand on, win or lose. To change or modify any of these "Permanent Principles" would require the sanction of 80% of the National Committee meeting in regular session. Further, if any office-holding member of The American Party failed to abide by and support these Principles, he would lose the support of The American Party. The American Party offers to you, the voter, these Permanent Principles as a dependable alternative to the temporary and often false campaign promises of the other political parties. The American Party continues to stand on its ideal that "Principle is more important than popularity of political expediency".
PRINCIPLES

GOD IS OUR FOUNDATION

Those authoring this Constitution declare the American Party to have been brought into existence upon the foundation of its organizers' belief in Almighty God and in Jesus Christ, upon their total commitment to the whole counsel of God's Word, and upon their determination that the American Party shall function, so long as it shall endure, in conformity with His Will. The American Party is and shall remain a political entity which is essentially Christian-oriented. It is our fervent hope that God will use the American Party to bless and save our free Republic.

MAN AND GOVERNMENT

A. CONSTITUTION Members of the American Party believe that the original United States Constitution and Bill of Rights were prepared and adopted by men acting under inspiration from Almighty God; that they are solemn compacts between the people of the states of this nation which all officers of government are under oath to obey; and that the eternal moral laws expressed therein must be adhered to or individual liberty will perish.

B. LIMITED GOVERNMENT Members of the American Party believe it a violation of the Constitution for government to deprive the individual of his life, liberty or property, except for these purposes: (1) to punish crime and provide for the administration of justice; (2) to provide for the nation's defense; (3) to compel each one who enjoys the protection of government to bear his fair share of the burden of performing the above functions.

A PERMANENT PLATFORM In implementation of the foregoing, the American Party declares the following position to constitute its permanent platform:

FOREIGN POLICY 1. SECRET AGREEMENTS. The American Party believes it necessary that our Government be prohibited from conducting secret negotiations or entering into secret treaties or agreements in anyway binding on the United States.

2. WORLD GOVERNMENT. The American Party opposes United States membership in any organization which in any way infringes on the sovereignty of the United States and its citizens.

3. FOREIGN AID. The American Party deems it a violation of the right of private property guaranteed under the Constitution for the federal government to deprive the citizens of this nation of their property through taxation or otherwise and make a gift thereof to foreign governments or their citizens.

4. FOREIGN TRADE. The American Party is for cutting off all trade, aid and "recognition" of any state which denies its citizens the right to leave and take their property with them.

5. MILITARY POSTURE. The American Party holds that the United States must maintain an invincible military position, since it is overwhelming military strength and a ready willingness to use it that has constituted throughout the ages the mightiest deterrent to aggression and the greatest bulwark for peace.

6. WAR. The American Party opposes any U. S. military interference in any other country for more that seventy-two hours without a declaration of war by the Congress.

DOMESTIC POLICY 1. LIMITATION OF FEDERAL AUTHORITY. The United States Government and agencies thereof are specifically prohibited from exercising any power or authority whatsoever, excepting as such power is expressly delegated by the Constitution. Therefore, excepting in furtherance of functions specifically named in the Constitution, the position of the American Party is that said government:

a. Shall not engage in or subsidize any activity to produce, sell, transport or distribute any goods or perform any services not authorized by the Constitution;

b. Shall not finance, subsidize or legislate with respect to charity, welfare, public works or education, excepting that it may maintain academies in conjunction with the defense of the United States of America;

c. Shall not incur a budget deficit except in time of declared war;

d. Shall not legislate respecting state laws which prescribe districts and establish qualifications of voters for state and local office.

2. GUN CONTROL. The American Party supports the Constitutional right of an individual citizen to keep and bear arms. The American Party opposes, in any form, registration and/or regulation of guns, ammunition, or their owners.

3. DEATH PENALTY. The American Party asserts its belief that the death penalty, a recognized criminal deterrent since the commencement of recorded history, and Biblically enjoined as an appropriate deterrent and penalty, be imposed upon the conviction of murder in the first degree, treason, forcible rape or other infamous crime.

4. LAW ENFORCEMENT.

a. The American Party believes that the responsibility for crime control, including capital punishment, is the legal and financial responsibility of state and local government. We therefore oppose a national police force or any attempt by the federal government to control and/or finance local or state police.

b. Treason, as defined in the United States Constitution, is a federal crime and is punishable by the death penalty.

5. TERMINATION OF LIFE. Since God and His nature's law prohibits any man from taking the life of another, excepting in defense of self, another, his country, or under the direction of law as a penalty for treason or infamous crime, obviously no one can take the life of another on the grounds that such other is either too young, too old or too ill to be permitted to continue to live. Accordingly, the American Party asserts its eternal opposition to both abortion and euthanasia.

6. MONETARY POLICY. The American Party believes: The inalienable right of individuals to exchange their services, goods, and real property voluntarily, using any items mutually agreed upon as their media of exchange, and to mine, own, use and trade precious metals shall not be abridged by governments; nor shall governments declare anything legal tender except as provided by the United States Constitution.

7. PRINCIPLES FOR A FISCAL POLICY. a. The Federal Government is a limited agency of the several states and its expenditures are limited to those purposes specifically delegated to it by the Constitution.

b. Congress shall annually adopt a Federal budget for the following year and regulate expenditures and revenues so that no interest bearing debt is incurred, except in time of war declared by Congress.

another interseting one

http://www.anu.org/platform.asp

With the exception of the their stance on the military and intervening in foreign affairs it sounds very familiar to the Libertarian party.

Well I am all for having other parties, I don't happen to agree with this one.

They seem to be complete isolationists both internationally and domestically. Their domestic policies remind me the Articles of Confederation (a extremely weak federal government, very strong state) and I find their support for laissez faire business attitude a throwback to the robber barons of the 1920s. Both of which were disasters, the first lead to the collapse of the country the other brought about the great depression. I dont know why anyone would want to go back to those days. The last bit that bothers me, I believe in a HUGE WALL between church and state, they seem to want mingle the two.

Guess they will have to leave me off the mailing list.

What about separation btw religion and goverment? I thought this was superated sience the French Revolution, I guess that not in the other side of the Ocean.

Corocotta said:
What about separation btw religion and goverment? I thought this was superated sience the French Revolution, I guess that not in the other side of the Ocean.

In France (and most of Europe) it is, and is strictly enforced. You might remember the Islamic Veil issue a few months back.

Constitution-wise its supposed to be as well in the USA although some religous groups have been testing the boundries of that lately. The state of Kansas just agreed to allow the teaching of "intelligent design" (a fancy word for creationism) in public schools. I suspect it will be immediatly challenged in the courts.

What I find amusing is the American Party's claim to value all life (in reference to abortion) while fullheatedly endorsing capitol punishment.

Actually I am wating for a new party. I feel that neither the dems or repubs are good right now. For now, I will just wait for something to come along.

Rabs said:
http://www.theamericanparty.org/door/

GOD IS OUR FOUNDATION

Those authoring this Constitution declare the American Party to have been brought into existence upon the foundation of its organizers' belief in Almighty God and in Jesus Christ, upon their total commitment to the whole counsel of God's Word, and upon their determination that the American Party shall function, so long as it shall endure, in conformity with His Will. The American Party is and shall remain a political entity which is essentially Christian-oriented. It is our fervent hope that God will use the American Party to bless and save our free Republic.

There are several of the articles which bother me but this one ^^^^^ bothers me the most. We have a variety of religions in this country whose practioners are good solid and patriotic citizens. Does this mean that they would be looked on as less than American?
If some of the hard core Christian Radicals become overly in charge of the party does that mean Jews, Buddhists, Roman Catholics, Muslims, Native Americans, Eastern Orthodox and Greek Orthodox are at risk because their practices do not match. What about Agnostics or Atheists?

I also have my doubts about some other articles such as the one on Law Enforcement. It rings to me of something that would come out of the mouth of a member of Posse Comitatus or a Member of the Shield, Sword and Covent .

Just reading this gives me the heebie jeebies.

Doody said:
What I find amusing is the American Party's claim to value all life (in reference to abortion) while fullheatedly endorsing capitol punishment.

Actually I am wating for a new party. I feel that neither the dems or repubs are good right now. For now, I will just wait for something to come along.

Bravo Doody!!!

I noticed that too, I was waiting to see if anyone else notice that.

First mmarsh: you are actually wrong in your statements on religion and The Constitution.

The only Constitutional consideration towards religion is that of protection of expression, its right there in the same clause as freedom of speech.

I've read the above topic starter and see nothing inhearantly Isolationist in there.

There is the recognition of a true fact. You can piss away endless streams of "foriegn aid" and you will accomplish exactly ZERO.

Poverty is the product of disfunctional culture. No amount of aid will change that. As long as a people wish to practice those elements of their culture that create, exaggerate and enforce poverty then they'll remain in poverty.
The only example of "foriegn aid" accomplishing anything was the Berlin Airlift. and that was much much more of a military necessity rather than your standard feel good type operation. We've yet to see if aid to Iraq and Afghanistan will produce any real long term bennies..but those are both much much more military necessities than "foriegn aid"

I do like the part where US Military will no longer be sent into battle for more than..what was it??? 48 hours?? without direct Congressional action officially calling it War. For way too long those inbred mouth breeding snot gobblers on the hill have been able to hide behind half steps and twisted words. Either it's a war or we aint fighting. That's how it should be.

Grimmy

'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion'

1. That seems pretty clear to me, I dont see how I'm wrong. It clearly states Congress shall not endorse religon. Most of the religous right doesnt argue this, they merely state that what they do isnt a establishment of religon in government. I, like many Americans happen to disagree.

2. Well they are against the international groups, against Foreign Aid, and pretty restictive on international trade (no Trade with China for example). Sounds pretty isolationist to me...

3. Foreign Aid, well without it Europe would be part of the Soviet Union (no marshall plan), or Nazi German (no lend-lease). Isreal would have ceased to exist (no military or economic aid) and Africa and Asia would have descended into the ninth plane of hell after WWII. Thats just a start. As for poverty most experts agree that poverty can be dealt with, the New Deal was one such program. History has shown Peasant uprisings, French revolution, Russian revolution that governments that let poverty get out of control, dont stay in power very long. A lesson we in America could stand to learn.

4. War. We agree at last.

Sorry but the American Party stands for values that I dont, some of which I think are really BAD ideas. I am all for a multiparty system, and if people want to vote American Party be my guest, but I have more in common with conservative Republicans (which is next to zero :D ) than I do with these guys.

I beleive theres a diffrence between killing 8month old fetus and 45 year old murderd. IMHO

On a side note nice to see you posting again Corocotta.

That's something I dont understand myself.

How can folks draw a moral equivalence between a human being that's just beginning life and a human being that's committed the foulest of crimes.

PS scratch any pro abortionist deep enough and you'll find the same "mud people" arguements and rationalizations that the Nazis used.

mmarsh said:
'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion'

1. That seems pretty clear to me, I dont see how I'm wrong. It clearly states Congress shall not endorse religon. Most of the religous right doesnt argue this, they merely state that what they do isnt a establishment of religon in government. I, like many Americans happen to disagree.

I always love it when this defence is thrown up. If you take a gander at the congressional records around 1800, you will find that the capitol building was actually used for church services. This is a great example of how we have twisted 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion'. In no way does having a "religious reference" endorced by a government force a religion upon anyone. Remember, people who left Europe came to the US to practice the religion of their choice. In England, there was only one church...the church of England. So the Americans set up a system where the Government would not pass laws forcing religion. The Founding Fathers saw nothing wrong with openly being faithful. Does having the 10 commandments on government property twist your arm and force you to be Christian? I think not.

Anyway, enough of the religion debate.

To abortion and the death penalty. If someone truley values all life and uses the teaching of the Bible, then killing a murderer is totally hypocritical. That's why I had to bring it up since the American party claims to be religious.

im not a extremly religious, however you can use the teachings of the bible to justify killing murders. Eye for a eye. What has a fetus done that it deserves to be killed. Just to clarify I beleive most abortions are a personal moral issue, but when we get to partial birth abortions its flat murder. I wont describe how that procedure is done but do some research and uhm its quite gruesome.

Back