My New Car!!!

AussieNick

Forum Digger
I bought a new car today!!
i.holden.VZ.ute.04aug.jpg

A white Holden VZ Ute, on sale for $26,000 on road. It arrives on Friday from Sydney.

Anyway, it's a 6 speed manual and has a 175kw/234hp V6. Couldn't be happier. All I need now is a set of mags for it and I'll be very very happy (although I've had to sell one of my motorbikes to buy this :cry: )
So what do people think.

could i get one of those bad boys over here stateside? maybe you could fedex me one!! sharp car for sure...!

haha only in Australia do they still have the truck/car... I remember arguing with all the Aussie's when I was in the Middle East... You guys love them... "It's not a truck/car mate... It's a Holden Ute......"

They are nice though....

NO

YOU SOLD YOUR BIKES.................grrrrrrrrr.....what were they? no don't tell me, the poor bikes being chucked out fora chick mobile grrrrrrrrrrr

Yikes, she's back.. :shock:

Hi ho Silver! :D
so what car are you getting now?

Nice one Nick! :D
But I doubt that we'd be able to get that one for $26,000 here in Norway. maybe 2-3 times that much.. :?

Nice car! Is that $26,000 Australian dollars or US?

Pete031, not just Australia. Checkout the Dodge Magnum. Probably going to be my next rig.

YOU SOLD YOUR BIKES.................grrrrrrrrr.....what were they? no don't tell me, the poor bikes being chucked out fora chick mobile grrrrrrrrrrr
I love my bikes....but they had to go. Both Honda CBR250RR's.... The bikes were more of a "chick mobile" than the ute, the ute is for practical purposes, and I got in way too much trouble on the bikes :D :oops: (eg. 150 in a 60 zone- big fine).
Oneday I'll get another bike.

Cool!
We will pay about $4,000 for such a car in China!

Yeah but that car will have been made in China, and therefore, over priced at $4,000. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against China, just I've got no time for Chinese or Korean built vehicles.

Oh yeah and the $26,000 thats in Aussie dollars, so approx $30,000 US I think????

No I think it would be more like $20000-23000 US The Aussie dollar is just under the Canadian and I think we are at 81.3 US....

lol yeah. The main problem with the export Korean cars was that they entered the cheap car market... without customer support. That's why all hell broke loose. When you sell a budget car, it's going to do what it does best: break down. Although most companies of those budget cars had pretty good maintenance / support backing, Korea charged in without them and thus the bad name stuck.
Don't know about Australia but in the US that's changed and the Korean cars usually come with some of the most generous warranties in the country. Also the Koreans are also introducing the better cars on the market. These will not be your budget cars so it's going to come with a price tag. If consumers are willing to give those brand names a second chance is another big "if" though. We'll see.
If you want my opinion, if you want a cheap car, chances are you're better off with a 2nd hand Volkswagen Golf or something. If the warranty behind that Korean car is much better then you might as well go for that as they have improved. But if I were you, yeah I'd grab that Golf. And that's coming from a Korean guy. lol

No I think it would be more like $20000-23000 US The Aussie dollar is just under the Canadian and I think we are at 81.3 US....

Oh yeah, oops, other way around.

lol yeah. The main problem with the export Korean cars was that they entered the cheap car market... without customer support. That's why all h**l broke loose. When you sell a budget car, it's going to do what it does best: break down. Although most companies of those budget cars had pretty good maintenance / support backing, Korea charged in without them and thus the bad name stuck.
Don't know about Australia but in the US that's changed and the Korean cars usually come with some of the most generous warranties in the country. Also the Koreans are also introducing the better cars on the market. These will not be your budget cars so it's going to come with a price tag. If consumers are willing to give those brand names a second chance is another big "if" though. We'll see.
If you want my opinion, if you want a cheap car, chances are you're better off with a 2nd hand Volkswagen Golf or something. If the warranty behind that Korean car is much better then you might as well go for that as they have improved. But if I were you, yeah I'd grab that Golf. And that's coming from a Korean guy. lol

There has not been one single good Korean car exported to Australia. Yes the warranties may be good, but the vehicle build quality, ride quality etc is shocking. Anyway, with this ute I get a 6 year 175,000km warranty, so thats pretty good. Problem with the Korean market trying to market to Australia is the car culture here. Muscle cars, cars with grunt, V8's etc are the go here.... big open roads need big powerful cars... and the Korean cars have never even got near what most Australians are looking for. Plus bad reputation with the brand name Hyundai/Daewoo/Kia as you say.

yeah, but at the same time a lot of people are moving towards more economical cars, with the price of gas being high... V8's and other large vehicles are being replaced with smaller cars with better mileage... I went the other way though...

Back