My Lai Massacre - Page 4

--
Boots

April 8th, 2006  
Damien435

How is it Anti-American if the all the Americans are saying that we (America) committed a terrible crime and that those responsible (Americans) were not brought to justice?
April 8th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Topic: There are scapegoats in every war ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
How is it Anti-American if the all the Americans are saying that we (America) committed a terrible crime and that those responsible (Americans) were not brought to justice?
I don't wish to burst your balloon Damien, there are scapegoats in every war ... it has been that way since way before the Bible was written. Seldom does the blame find it's way to the upper levels of the command structure.

The victors always try to cover their bums where mistakes are concerned ... the United States was no different before, during and after Vietnam. It is still that way today with Iraq.

When the atrocity at My Lai became public knowledge, they hunted for a scapegoat and Lt Calley was it. The fact that there was a thread of 'kill everybody' philosophy from the Commanding General (Westmoreland) to the lowest of the privates was immaterial to those who decided to stop at the Company Commander level with the courts martials.

Phoenix80 is acting like a little child and throwing a tantrum because he has been told that he is completely wrong by someone who was in Vietnam and then heard the rumors before they became public knowledge from some of my ex-mates that sent me letters via a courier instead of via regular mail (and some of the other members). I SHOUTED AND USED LARGE LETTERS BECAUSE YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SIGHT ... MAYBE YOU NEED GLASSES??? (Half serious).

All we can do is wipe the tears from Phoenix's widdle face and burp him ...
........ maybe he needs a nappy. lol
April 8th, 2006  
Duty Honor Country

Locked....thread under review
--
Boots