My knee.

Damien435

On monday I was playing basketball in a gym class, as I was going for a lose ball I took a nasty spill, while I did sit out for a minute I got back in as soon as I could, about 5 seconds later I went for a rebound and my knee went out from under me, it just flat out gave in, I was on the ground nearly screaming in pain. After going to the doctor I was told that I had stretched a ligament or tendon under my knee cap, but it might have been torn. Two days later my knee is more swollen up than ever and hurts like hell, if it is torn and I have to get surgery done am I out of the Army or does it depend on how it heals? Bad knees are a recurring theme in my family, my uncle blew out his knee about one week ago, could this also influence whether I am out or not? If I am out am I still eligible for reserve, obviously not for overseas deployment but for say homeland defense? Would I still get my benefits? Am I just over reacting? (If so should my recruiter beat the hell out of me for worrying over nothing?) Your insights would be much appreciated.

I have a buddy that injured his knee by ripping some ligament or tendon and got surgery on it. I talked to my recruiter about his ability to join the armed forces and in his case it is waiverable.

Well, on July 8 I get surgery to repair a torn ACL and I am going to be discharged from the Army.

Usually it depends on how you heal. Or how much the Service wants to invest.

Surgery on my ACL and MCL got me discharged (against my very vocal objections to a certain Navy Cmdr MD) :evil: :evil: And I recieve bennies based on degree of injury. But mine was incured on duty.

Back