My ideas on NCO's and Officers. (or just random ramblings)

USAFAUX2004

Well today I wore my "new style" "Class 'A's" (I know lots of specific Jib-jab) Toughed a class on CAPP 151 ( Customs and Courtesies) Had review boards (covered CAPR 900-2 (Use of Civil Air Patrol Seal and Emblem)/(a very old version of it...or was it the new one compared to the one I have?) Covered CAPP 151 (very strange they pulled me out of the class for the review and I was done with 95% of it...) Also covered some basic CAP knowledge...which had some weird Questions...like what Arnold was responsible for and what the, get this, what the SEVEN (7), yes SEVEN (7) Core values of CAP are. So the regulars from the old days are: Integrity, Excellence in all we do, Volunteer Service, Respect, and then 3 more such as Trust...one more stupid one, and...ah...FUN! Asked about my idea of teaching and leadership and also if loyalty can be ordered. Well so now I am the Supply Sergeant (Supply Chief, if you prefer), Chief C&C officer ((CCCO)(CAPP 151)), Individual Drill Instructor (I-DI) Squadron Cadet Staff (SCS) and the Squadron Cadet Programs Committee (SCPC). Notice: Most Unofficial CAP positions, but also some very official. Well thats about it. Next CAP meeting I am going to go to is the last week of July, because of vacation this next week and Honor Guard Academy the 2 weeks after! Well also because of this I will not become a Lieutenant until early September. For my Armstrong I just need to do my Speech, which I get to do the first week of august and then I need to mentor AeroSpace (AE) and I can take my Mitchell and get my PT in and I will become a Lousy, good for nothing, junior officer. All the cool NCO status that you build up over a period of 2 some years is gone...you become an unexperienced officer instead of a professional NCO. Big change. I mean right now I do as much as some Majors do, but once I get Lieutenant all I have know to be good is...BAD!. If you read leadership 8 then all you get out of it is that you have to become a talking person, instead of a DOing person. It is so badly written that some good Chiefs, become horrible officers because they take it overboard. The only Position that I think, that as an Officer i would like would be Flight Commander, because I get to work with actual people. Flight Sergeant, Element Leaders, the occasional element member. I guess that I am one of those Die-hard NCO's that would stay as such if they had a chance.

Wow that was actually longer than the minimum requirements for the Armstrong Essay

Dude, you so lost me at the "new style" and again at the 7 CAP core values.
You have a chance. But you get nasty letters from wing, region, then HQ. The now Lt. "Joker" was a chief for two years. Then about six months ago the nasty letters came in threating to kick him out of CAP if he didn't get his Mitchell. His Mitchell thingy came in in record time :lol: . They probably had it printed out and kept in a filling cabinet where it collected dust for a year or so.

nulli secundus said:
Dude, you so lost me at the "new style" and again at the 7 CAP core values.
You have a chance. But you get nasty letters from wing, region, then HQ. The now Lt. "Joker" was a chief for two years. Then about six months ago the nasty letters came in threating to kick him out of CAP if he didn't get his Mitchell. His Mitchell thingy came in in record time :lol: . They probably had it printed out and kept in a filling cabinet where it collected dust for a year or so.

Well New Style blues is one, and there are now 7 core values and i mean my sq. will not let me stay as chief. I know one 2d Lt who was Chief for 3 years!

Back