my house is haunted. (christians please read)

Insomniac

~resident nutcase
Okay, here goes... first of all, thanks to any christians reading this.

My house has always been haunted, we've known it forever. But now, the ghost(s) are doing something wierd.

it started three nights ago...

i'm going up to bed, and i look in the mirror, there's a figure behind me. this figure was wearing a black hood and gave me a really, REALLY bad vibe. so i runs up the stairs to bed, leaves all the lights on and goes to sleep. then, the next night, i feel all cold and clammy on one specific area of my wrist it felt like i'd been touched by a ghost. last night. sat here on the pc, and i start feeling all scared n sh1t, as if something is causing it. I look in the TV screen next to me, and there's something there! seriously, there was something there. it was hooded, and had a yellowy face with LOTS of teeth. that's all i really noticed. teeth, hood and bright red eyes.

so i carves a cross into me desk, and the rest of the night is calm i kept saying prayers and all and it leaves. But goddamn, it knocked something over. i don't even know what it knocked over, but it made a helluva bang.

hell, tonight i'm sat here (and this is me, i'm practically the anti-christ) with a cross and religious symbols on it (all christian ofc) and crosses and christian symbols drawn on my wrists. got me knife as well, old tradition where Iron is supposed to save you.

so yeah, sorry for such a long read, but can any christians give me any good bible quotes i can read out loud? if nothing, it gives me confidence.

Thanks in advance.

i can't move! i'm 16... there's nowhere i can go.

ATM i'm sat here with a makeshift cross, with the christ symbol on it, and my arms covered in crosses and the Christ symbol.

Yep, give up on God, I don't believe in him and I never get weird experiences or ghosts. They wouldn't dare.

Once you cease believing in the imaginary, all this crap will stop.

aiki, none ATM.

although, it's been quiet tonight so far, and i think the crosses etc have actually worked... wierd...

Okay, here goes... first of all, thanks to any christians reading this.

My house has always been haunted, we've known it forever. But now, the ghost(s) are doing something wierd.

it started three nights ago...

i'm going up to bed, and i look in the mirror, there's a figure behind me. this figure was wearing a black hood and gave me a really, REALLY bad vibe. so i runs up the stairs to bed, leaves all the lights on and goes to sleep. then, the next night, i feel all cold and clammy on one specific area of my wrist it felt like i'd been touched by a ghost. last night. sat here on the pc, and i start feeling all scared n sh1t, as if something is causing it. I look in the TV screen next to me, and there's something there! seriously, there was something there. it was hooded, and had a yellowy face with LOTS of teeth. that's all i really noticed. teeth, hood and bright red eyes.

so i carves a cross into me desk, and the rest of the night is calm i kept saying prayers and all and it leaves. But goddamn, it knocked something over. i don't even know what it knocked over, but it made a helluva bang.

hell, tonight i'm sat here (and this is me, i'm practically the anti-christ) with a cross and religious symbols on it (all christian ofc) and crosses and christian symbols drawn on my wrists. got me knife as well, old tradition where Iron is supposed to save you.

so yeah, sorry for such a long read, but can any christians give me any good bible quotes i can read out loud? if nothing, it gives me confidence.

Thanks in advance.

My suggestion... Just say no to drugs.

If that fails start filtering your water, as there is no such thing as ghosts outside an over active imagination.

Focus your attention on something else and I am sure it will go away.

i figured you'd all be sceptic. But it's not just me these sort of things have happened to:

My sister, one night, wakes me up shouting "insomniac get back into bed!" i wakes up and shouts "i'm still in bed, you just woke me up." she then says "well who's that on the floor playing with lego then?". i don't see anything.

one of the girls down the street goes upstairs, and sees her "sister" on the landing. She says hello, then goes into her room. When the girl goes back downstairs, she asks her sister "what were you doing upstairs?" her sister replies: "i've not been upstairs tonight!". Both parents were witness to this...

we've heard doors rattling in the night, seen figures walk across the landing (not just me, my parents and my sister have seen them).

heard doors open and close, things like that. Another problem we had, is that our kettle (a switch operated one) would routinely turn itself on and off. We got used to that, and started enjoying the brews. The phone, every once in a while, will suddenly start to emit high-pitched screeching sounds randomly.

Another one (this is the last piece) was the entire family sat in the back room watching TV. My dad was drinking boddingtons, and leaving the cans on the table. We could all see his hands and feet were nowhere near the table, and yet we all saw one of the cans move across the table. Bearing in mind this table is 2 inches thick and you can't put any magnets through it, so it wasn't trickery, it just happened.

there are others, but they are infinitely more bizarre...

Ok its clearly not drugs or alcohol if others are seeing it as well.

So not only should you filter water but you should perhaps add filtering the air as well.

It may appear that people are not taking this seriously but there is good reason for this, in all the research that has been done on the subject of the "paranormal" there has been no conclusive evidence that ghosts exists and lets face it the world has had a lot of dead people to study. I am not even sure that there are any "approved" methods of determination.

Approved equals verifiable which is the standard a genuine science requires.

Last edited:
it's this street... i'm moving away in a year, joining the army. Then, the sodding ghost can have the rest of them.

Also, yeah i know what you mean. How can you measure a ghost? heh. Logically, it shouldn't be there. Scientifically it shouldn't be there. I pride myself on being able to look at most things logically and scientifically, but this just defies explanation... it was such a feeling of abject terror. my hands were shaking, in fact my entire body was shaking, and i kept muttering the Lord's prayer... the last time i did that, i was 15. and it was at my confirmation, this is an entire year onwards now. I'm not religious, and i detest organised religion... but i needed something to comfort me, and it worked.

Last edited:
Certainly if religion worked for you then great, but I am still of the opinion that it just gave you something else to focus your attention on which could have just as easily been achieved by jabbing yourself in hand with a sharp fork or watching a good movie.

This is just my opinion but it is all about mind control, when your mind has nothing to focus on you start to create things for it to focus on and at night in an old house with creaking doors and rattling water pipes it is easy to make those noises and shadows into something "scary", the key is to channel those thoughts into something else that doesn't cause you the problem.

However that being said I am an engineer not a psychologist what I know about the mind could be written on the back of a small postage stamp with a blunt crayon and there would still be room left over for a chapter of war and peace so take it for what its worth.

:)

I can't say I really believe in ghosts, but I did see something that couldn't have been anything but a ghost and persisted far too long to be my eyes playing tricks on me in the dark.

Scared me half to death, and I saw it on more than one occasion.

The only reason I doubt my own sight is because I was a little kid when it happened, otherwise I'd be positively convinced that they are real.

oh well, it's 0323 hrs here, it's what i designate the "fun part". AKA when everything comes alive for a bit.

I can't say I really believe in ghosts, but I did see something that couldn't have been anything but a ghost and persisted far too long to be my eyes playing tricks on me in the dark.

Scared me half to death, and I saw it on more than one occasion.

The only reason I doubt my own sight is because I was a little kid when it happened, otherwise I'd be positively convinced that they are real.

That is a bit like UFO's though isn't it, there is nothing in the term UFO that indicates it has to be from outer space or of non-terrestrial design.

I think we have all seen and heard things we could not identify but that does not necessarily make them paranormal just unidentified it is then the mind that manifests these things into their final description.

In the end I guess there is no proof that ghosts don't exist either and I know several people who have tried to use the 1st law of thermodynamics to prove that they do (ie energy cannot be destroyed, there argument that a ghost was energy that had not been "transferred" to something else) but on the whole I still believe Occam's Razor is also applicable in that if they are not there constantly and you cannot verify it in anyway then the simpliest answer is that they are not there at all.

Last edited:
I read the first few sentences and then realized I couldn't finish and sleep peacefully.

Scary talk before bed...and even during the day freaks me out and then I end up having to sleep with the light on because I'm a total baby.

Plus I just realized I left my bear (yes, I actually still sleep with a stuffed animal) in my car...out in the dark.

Thanks. I'm blaming you if I have bad dreams.

In my current appartment, which is buildt in1998 located previously in a pine wood area, I first believed there shouldn't be any ghosts - but when that old man in a grey 1930s trenchcoat appeared last autumn I couldn't believe it. He normally stands outside the kitchen window having a peak inside or in the back garden moving from east to west on the lawn.He sometimes appear inside but only for a couple of seconds before moving away.

I don't know who he is or what he is trying to tell me, but he doesn't bother us more than appearing.

My brother's house seems to be haunted- Their radio will switch on and off, the toaster will pop (while being UNPLUGGED) and still be warm, one of the drawers opens by itself, the light switches will flick off on their own, the drum set will randomly start playing in the middle of the night, marbles appear in random places...and I can't even think of what else, lol.
They had the bright idea of bringing in a Ouija board and got the 'ghosts' name, but Ouija boards are sketchy things, so I wouldn't recommend that solution. I say ignore it, or tell it to go away, because it's dead and shouldn't be hanging out in your house, lol.

Back