My Granddad and the priest

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
My grandfather was an amazing man, a wonderful sense of humour and spoke his mind, usually using flowery (read that as strong) language.

In the 1950's he became very ill and was admitted to hospital with thrombosis, so ill that doctors thought he was going to die.

They arranged for a priest to give him the last rights, the priest duly arrived and began the ceremony including splashing holy water over him.

My granddad was fast asleep while this was going on, the splashing of the holy water woke him up. He sat up in bed and bellowed, “WHO's CHUCKING WATER OVER ME?” He looked at the priest and shouted “F&^* OFF, I AINT DEAD YET!!!”.

The priest beat a hasty retreat under my grandfathers tirade, while the ward nurses, doctors and patients were in hysterics.

Needless to say he made a full recovery. When he was discharged from hospital, all the (female) nurses gave him a hug and a kiss.

When my granddad passed away, he left me with a lot of wonderful memories, memories that are priceless.

What a bloke.

Last edited:
That one is priceless! :p

I'm the same with the memories my Grandpa left me... they were the best inheritance I could get! :thumb:

Back