My first 8 weeks as an officer in training....

CanadianCowgirl

Anyone out there an officer or training to be one? Any advice? I've had lots of great experiences in the short time I've been here and I'm actually really enjoying myself. I recommend going officer to lots of people. But my goal is to not become big and boastful and arrogant like I've seen some turn.....anyways, I'd like to hear what some of you think about becoming an officer or attending military college

I'm right now attending military college, and I will be for 5 years. When I graduate I'll be a 2Lieutenant. This summer I do my Basic Officer Training Course. Should be pretty tough, but I think I can take it ;)

Lieutenant? What the....how do you get Lt, when the rest of us get 2Lt (well....A/SLt for me)?

Apparently it just depends on your job performance. I guess if some of us bust our butts off, we can be captains by the time we graduate. Don't ask me how, that's just what I heard.

Ahh....seems fair. However, I've heard that we might get our Captains by the 5th year after grad, but not right after it.

Back