My daughter and my German Shepherd

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
My daughter has a awful habit of leaving her stuff laying around. Time and time again I have warned her about leaving her nail varnish where the dogs can get at it with the possibility of causing them harm. In the end, every time I saw a bottle of nail varnish laying about I threw it in the rubbish, then she began complaining she had no nail varnish.

My daughter is heavily into keep fit, she is attending a college course for training as a PTI (Physical Training Instructor). She has a small litre drink bottle which she makes up high energy drinks. A few days ago she left the bottle on the floor and walked to her bedroom to get something. Merlin my 2 year old German Shepherd walked up to the bottle, sniffed the mouth piece and began licking. He walked away as my daughter came wandering back, I couldn't help it, I kept quiet about Merlin and waited for her to take a drink out of the bottle. She picked the bottle, took a gulp of the contents, thats when I said, “Oh by the way, Merlin licked your drink bottle, after he washed his bum.” Her face was a picture, absolutely horrified, she blurted, :Why didn't you tell me???” I laughed and replied, “Why? Its more fun watching you go green.” She rushed into the bath room to brush her teeth, swilled her mouth with mouth wash. She came out of the bathroom and then washed her bottle using disinfectant, all the time glaring at me and muttering lol.

Her nickname now is “Dogs breath.” :p

Last edited:
Gee Britinafrica...you are one funny and sadistic father (did you ever read the comic "The Appletons" in National Lampoonm magazine?: the father was kind of like you).

great story though...:whip:

Gee Britinafrica...you are one funny and sadistic father (did you ever read the comic "The Appletons" in National Lampoonm magazine?: the father was kind of like you).

great story though...:whip:

Sometimes I pity my kids and surprised they grew up normal. lol

One Sunday lunch we were eating pork, the previous night we had watched the movie "Babe." on video. Sooooooooooo, I said, "Remember the movie we watched last night?"

My daughter then was about 5 years old said "Yes daddy."

I said pointing to the pork, "This is Babe."

She immediately burst into tears, the wife glared at me and kicked me under the table and said, “One of these days I'm going to gag you.” I had to show my daughter the video all over again to prove we hadn't eaten "Babe." Thankfully she was convinced that watching the video, “Babe” was alive and well. It didnt stop her eating pork though lol

Last edited:
Back