My collection WWII - Page 8

--

January 17th, 2012  
JT1959

Hi G,
The items on the first two images come from discoveries made by my ancestors far back in time. They found a large burial mound on the site when this was excavated for the construction of more houses. They had to hand in these, but did retain some artifacts. The spear and helmet are gifts my father got from acquaintances around 1950-60.

Regards
JT1959
January 17th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1959
Hi G,
The items on the first two images come from discoveries made by my ancestors far back in time. They found a large burial mound on the site when this was excavated for the construction of more houses. They had to hand in these, but did retain some artifacts. The spear and helmet are gifts my father got from acquaintances around 1950-60.

Regards
JT1959
Hi JT,

It is not often I see artifacts from that time period (the Vikings). I am really impressed, so you were growing up with these old artifacts around you. Do you think these things contributed to your interest in these and other things?

Take care,

G
January 17th, 2012  
JT1959

I think you're right
War history, coins, banknotes, stamps, postcards, old comic magazines, antiques, etc

Regards
JT1959
--
May 23rd, 2012  
ninacrowe1

Those medals and other memorabilia are priceless! They shouldn't sold to antique shops. Proudly display them in your home or office. Or better yet, pass them to your kids/grandkids.
May 23rd, 2012  
MontyB

I agree but personally I would sooner see them in a public environment than a case in the back room.

I would like to have seen more of JT's collection but he seems to have disappeared.
October 12th, 2014  
jeffreyjay

wow nice