My buddy and the Leyland Truck

BritinBritain

Per Ardua Ad Astra
My buddy (who people thought was my identical twin separated at birth) was driving a Leyland Martian 6x6 10 tonner along the Autobahn when he had a puncture. He pulled to the side of the road and fitted the spare after an hour or so of puffing and panting , not an easy task alone as they are extremely large wheels and extremely heavy.

Off he goes at a steady 29mph (flat out, empty, loaded, up hill, down hill or over a cliff) when BANG, he gets another puncture. Now he is in a bit of a quandary, no more spare wheels. Luckily a British Army convoy was approaching, he flagged them down, explained his problem and was given another spare wheel in exchange for his punctured wheel and tyre. Another hour or so of puffing and panting and he was again driving along the autobahn at a nice steady 29 mph. He pulls into a massive British Army unit (I forget the name of it now) where he was to meet the rest of the Squadron, when BANG, puncture number 3. Totally fed up he managed to park the truck and decided to go to sleep.

Suddenly there was a banging on the drivers door, my buddy opened the drivers window to see a Sergeant Major Standing there who started to shout, “WHAT THE F*&^ DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING, GET THAT WHEEL CHANGED.”

My buddy jumped out of the truck his eyes like organ stops shouted back, “CHANGE THE F*&*ING WHEEL? THAT'S MY 3RD F*&*ING PUNCTURE IN AS MANY HOURS, I HAVE RUN OUT OF F%$*ING SPARE WHEELS!!!!

The Sergeant Major stormed off mumbling “Bloody part time soldiers.”

My buddy went back to sleep.

Below is a picture of a Leyland Martian 6x6 10 Tonner mentioned above to give you an idea of the size of the wheels and tyres.

Last edited:
Back