Muslims win toy pigs ban

KC72

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450600,00.html

NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned from a council office — in case they offend Muslim staff.

Workers in the benefits department at Dudley Council, West Midlands, were told to remove or cover up all pig-related items, including toys, porcelain figures, calendars and even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.

Bosses acted after a Muslim complained about pig-shaped stress relievers delivered to the council in the run-up to the Islamic festival of Ramadan.

Muslims are barred from eating pork in the Koran and consider pigs unclean.

Councillor Mahbubur Rahman, a practising Muslim, backed the ban. He said: “It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs.”

:bang:

When someone are told to remove Winnie The Pooh and Piglet for religious issues ...... :shock:

Is this serious?

That's just bogus BS asking for trouble. How can a toy or cartoon of a pig make them "unclean"? If I worked there and they did that to me I'd make sure I packed a lunch every day and eat at my desk either a BLT or a ham and cheese sandwich. :x

Show up to work the next day with nothing but pig toys, plushes, figurines all over your desk- :twisted: Oh oh, and a picture of Ms. Piggy on the cubicle/wall

FutureHMSGrad said:
Are you serious?! They really can't even have TOY pigs? Just my opinion, but that seems slightly excessive.

Sort of makes you think they may be a teeny bit intolerant of everyone else on the Planet doesn't it?

FutureHMSGrad said:
I thought it was an insult to me. I could have just misunderstood what you meant though.

No, you misunderstood me, it's just another example of how Muslims care only for their own wants no matter what the rest of the world thinks. You know, it's okay to burn a Bible but you can't touch a Koran. I've had about all I want of them and their nonsense.

FutureHMSGrad said:
Ohhh... Okay. I get what you're saying now. LOL :lol:

Did you notice when you read the word "intolerant" you thought I meant you? That's how much we have allowed ourselves to be led around by the nose by left wing apologists. We're the most tolerant people on earth. If you don't believe it, go anywhere in the Middle East and ask for a Bible.

Missileer said:
FutureHMSGrad said:

Did you notice when you read the word "intolerant" you thought I meant you? That's how much we have allowed ourselves to be led around by the nose by left wing apologists. We're the most tolerant people on earth. If you don't believe it, go anywhere in the Middle East and ask for a Bible.

Yes Missileer you're right. Left wing political preachers have been trying to convince us that we are always the ones to blame and we are the intolerant ones. Like you said, it's the other way around. If you happen to accidentally have a condom fallen from your wallet in Saudi Arabia, well you go to jail. If you wear a cross, you get into some serious trouble. Overhere, they take offense at Winnie the Pooh.

Missileer said:
FutureHMSGrad said:

No, I actually thought you meant me because you quoted something that I wrote before your response. But, calm down please! I didn't say that we weren't tolerant. . . .In fact, the word "intolerant" never even stood out to me in that. Just to clarify, I'm not a "left wing apologist", and I don't allow myself to be "led around" either.

FutureHMSGrad said:
Missileer said:
FutureHMSGrad said:

No, I actually thought you meant me because you quoted something that I wrote before your response. But, calm down please! I didn't say that we weren't tolerant. . . .In fact, the word "intolerant" never even stood out to me in that. Just to clarify, I'm not a "left wing apologist", and I don't allow myself to be "led around" either.

May I enter in someone else's business? I want to bring about peace, you two guys had some misunderstanding but:

1. Grad., Missileer was not nervous and he wasn't accusing you. He mentioned your getting it wrong as an example of an implicit psychological or cultural complex that we might have. He didn't assume you were a leftist.

2. Missileer, she's not a liberal. She has misunderstood you when you said that intolerance thing, but it's really been twisted :D

Now if that's not what happened, the Italian Guy is just running back to his corner and blush :oops:

Italian Guy said:
May I enter in someone else's business? I want to bring about peace, you two guys had some misunderstanding but:

1. Grad., Missileer was not nervous and he wasn't accusing you. He mentioned your getting it wrong as an example of an implicit psychological or cultural complex that we might have. He didn't assume you were a leftist.

2. Missileer, she's not a liberal. She has misunderstood you when you said that intolerance thing, but it's really been twisted :D

Now if that's not what happened, the Italian Guy is just running back to his corner and blush :oops:

Yes, Italian, I know that he wasn't accusing me, but my problem started when after a simple misunderstanding (I'll repeat that I only thought what he wrote had something to do with me because he quoted what I said), he started going off about the left wing liberal apologists and how they lead people around. I don't appreciate being an example of that, simply because I wasn't sure what he meant, and because I included the word "sorry" in my next response ("Sorry, what?"), trying to not be rude by just saying "WHAT?" when I was trying to figure out what he meant. It also bothered me that after I nicely stated, "Ohhh... Okay. I get what you're saying now. LOL", he quoted that and started talking about "see what the apologists do...". I appreciate you trying to "bring about peace" Italian, though. :D

Missileer, let's just end this now, before it gets any worse.

FutureHMSGrad said:
Italian Guy said:
Missileer, let's just end this now, before it gets any worse.

Never let a conversation die on a misunderstanding. I know you're not one of the people I described. I was speaking to you, not about you. I think you're one of the good guys or you wouldn't have taken offense at thinking I was calling you a "leftie." Sorry if you got the wrong impression. You can believe Italian Guy, we're cut from the same cloth. Talk to you later. :)

Back