Muslim insult to HM Forces killed in Afghanistan

Rafcop

An extremist Muslim group Islam 4UK plans to hold a protest march through the Wiltshire town of Wootton Bassett famous throughout the world for the dignified homage shown to HM Forces killed in Afghanistan who are repatriated via the nearby base at RAF Lyneham. Each cortege stops in the main street by the War Memorial and the standards of the military associations & Royal British Legion are lowered in salute.
The Muslims plan the march to be a protest at the deaths of the 'innocent Taliban' murdered by the British, US & Coalition Forces.
Large scale protest has greeted this proposed march & thousands are petitioning the Prime Minister to ban this march, seen by the objectors as an insult to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice and their family & friends

I've just joined this group on Facebook

"Families Of The Fallen In Afghanistan to Lead The Line In Wootton Bassett

We, The McClure Family, would like to stand face to face with Anjem Choudray and his extremist nutcases if they are to march on Wootton Bassett. We would also like to invite all the other families of the fallen to join us arm in arm to prevent these idiots from marching on Wootton Bassett.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234826566327

An extremist Muslim group Islam 4UK plans to hold a protest march through the Wiltshire town of Wootton Bassett famous throughout the world for the dignified homage shown to HM Forces killed in Afghanistan who are repatriated via the nearby base at RAF Lyneham. Each cortege stops in the main street by the War Memorial and the standards of the military associations & Royal British Legion are lowered in salute.
The Muslims plan the march to be a protest at the deaths of the 'innocent Taliban' murdered by the British, US & Coalition Forces.
Large scale protest has greeted this proposed march & thousands are petitioning the Prime Minister to ban this march, seen by the objectors as an insult to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice and their family & friends

I believe this petition protest reached 250,000 in the first few hours.:bravo:

Muslim insult to HM Forces

Further to my initial posting. The Wiltshire Police have placed on their website their proposed method of dealing with any planned march by the Islam 4UK extremist group through Wootton Bassett. They will require the organiser to provide details of the time/date/route of the march and will take action against anyone in breach of the Public Order Act and other legislation. To date, no further details are known when this march will take place.

Great News!! It would seem from media reports that the proposed march has been cancelled by the Islam 4UK extremists on the day that the first UK soldier killed in 2010 was brought home and the people of Wootton Bassett turned out in the bitter weather to pay their respects
If any town deserved the prefix Royal this town certainly does

Well, looks like you guys agree with each others...

To launch the debate, let me send an opinion going against yours.

I think that these "nutcases" have the right to have an opinion, as ridiculous as it may be. Because, honoring troops who were sent to fight in Afghanistan is a horrible thing for them too...

It's a democracy guys... These people have the right to have opinions and to voice them. As long as they respect some rules and laws.

Democracy isnt a naturel thing... It's more like a game. Some parts of it are ridiculous. Some parts of it are shocking and awful.

And you cant know what opinion is stupid or not. Maybe that the Taliban way of life is a good one... Even better than ours. We cant know for sure in a philosophical point of view...

When we gave people the right to protest, even when it's offending to some people... It was for a reason.

It's free speech... We didnt give people this right because we love them... We gave them this right because it's necessary in a democracy... And because mankind always evolved from it's borders... Not from the core... The contact with new things is in the borders. This is where we learn.

I don't think allowing your enemies to protest your prosecution of the war in progress on your own soil is good policy.

Last edited:
Who said that? Who define what is a good policy?

Honestly man, it sounds like an argument from an old age where we had to lie to the people to get popular support for a war.

If the war is fair and legal, why should be bother to hide opinions going against it?

And should we ban democracy in times of war? I dont agree with that. I think that in time of war, we should in fact push people to voice opinions against it.

I'm not talking about debate on the battlefield... It would be stupid to jump on the enemy with your bayonet and then stop to think "Maybe I'm the bad guy here?" ... You can do this mistake only once...

They have the right to protest... but to do so in a way intentionally disrespectful to the dead will only hurt their cause. Maybe they would be happier picking up a rifle and joining their innocent Taliban friends in Afghanistan.

Personally this disgusts me. I see their point however many of these men were following orders. One man giving one order can blame to hundreds of people. It just doesn't seem right.

Taliban sympathizers will only cry foul from where it is safe but most likely back out if asked to don a bomb vest. They need to get real. Can I go kick em,:evil:

I agree such protests should normally be allowed, however I am mainly opposed to the group, Islam4UK it is borderline terrorist. This is taking things too far.

Islam4UK is an offshoot of British Islamic extremist group Al-Muhajiroun led by Anjem Choudary.[1] It declares itself to have "been established by sincere Muslims as a platform to propagate the supreme Islamic ideology within the United Kingdom as a divine alternative to man-made law" and "convince the British public about the superiority of Islam [...] thereby changing public opinion in favour of Islam in order to transfer the authority and power [...] to the Muslims in order to implement the Sharee’ah (here in Britain)".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam4UK

Moderate Muslim groups have also welcomed the news that the march will not go ahead.

Last edited:
I have no such sympathies. But anyway, common-sense has been applied at last . The group has been banned.

Yes, from tomorrow

On 12 January 2010 the British home secretary Alan Johnson moved to ban Islam4UK under the Terrorism Act 2000. Mr Johnson said: "I have today laid an order which will proscribe Al Muhajiroun, Islam4UK, and a number of the other names the organization goes by". It is already proscribed under two other names - Al Ghurabaa and The Saved Sect. The ban will come into effect on 14 January 2010, pending Parliamentary approval, and make it a criminal offence to be a member, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.[4]

You know, I can't help thinking that more trouble will arose due to this. You'll get some of the supporters saying this racist and may provoke more terrorist activity.

It's not a question of racism... It's a question of domination in the political sphere.

Some people think that terrorism is just the results of religious extremism. Religious extremism is caused by political problems. it not the other way around.

By giving them the right to protest, voice their opinions... We give them an alternative to terrorism.

By silencing them... They dont cease their activities, they just go underground... And we cant know what they will do then...

We have to respect the democratic way of life... Like it or not.

It's not a question of racism... It's a question of domination in the political sphere.

Some people think that terrorism is just the results of religious extremism. Religious extremism is caused by political problems. it not the other way around.

By giving them the right to protest, voice their opinions... We give them an alternative to terrorism.

By silencing them... They dont cease their activities, they just go underground... And we cant know what they will do then...

We have to respect the democratic way of life... Like it or not.

But then at what point do you draw line of extensive racism. I agree, everyone should have the right to protest their own views. But when you start to racially abuse people of murder when, frankly, it's not their doing but more the governments, then you have issues. Blaming the government for the murders is one thing, but when you are suggesting to a soldier's family that their son, brother or father murdered someone when all they were doing was following orders, then you have issues.

Back