music taste & age

the_13th_redneck said:
Interesting news article.
Sounds more like an email from a "dude" rather than a news source :lol:

one of stuff.co.nz's music reviewers. i liked it because it is like that.

if you can find them online campare two songs; one from shihad called "my minds sedate" with one from Pacifier "comfort me" and you can see why all the fans were upset!

Charge_7 said:
Prolly just wanted to let us know right away from the new name that they they sucked :twisted:

meh, i'm glad that they aren't worried about trying to crack the states now...i can see them live more often! besides, with the way US radio is now days (clear channel) it would've never happened.

Well, I'm 18 now and I listen to the same stuff my brother listened to when he was my age: Metallica, ACDC, Guns n' Roses and Nirvana.

i listen to metal, and rock from the 70's 80's and early 90's
i like everything from Eric Clapton to Metallica, from Joe Jackson (jazz/rock, not related to Micheal Jackson) to Mudvayne

lol that was an ace article, if only more people wrote like that
The result was, as they say in England, pants.

at the moment im listening to powderfinger (the new great aussie rockers) the best of REM and Meteora by linin park

its funny how a lot of bands from australia and NZ who goto the US to try and crack the market end up coming back saying its a waste of time and they find the experience bad.
the living end tried, powderfinger, shihad, and i know there are others out there. i guess its because in the US there are just so many different bands and genres and everything that it is hard to be popular and stay popular, hence the increase in "one hit wonders."
whereas down here the music scene is a lot smaller and while its still not easy to break into, compared to the US it must be a piece of cake

now im 14. i listen to rap, hip-hop, r&b, and rock.(not heavy metal, but like punk rock)
my parents hate the music. all the explict words used.

i can listen to just about anything, except heavy metal, i love country but maroon 5 is my favorite...i also really like something corporate, plain white t's, dashboard confessional...stuff like that....my parents hate it all lol

the_13th_redneck said:
I listen to the water drop from the filter from my gold fish tank.
23. Music and I never really hit it off.

that actually is the most tragic thing i've heard EVER....do you need a hug?

Over the past couple of years my dad and I have been listening to the same radio stations while driving. He's currently 42 and had me at approximatly 25. He likes a majority of the same music I like. The radio stations we listen to include major rock and roll bands and some metal. But the stuff I listen to that my dad doesn't like is at the two different ends of rock and roll. I listen to deathmetal like Children of Bodom, Fear Factory, and Dimmu Borgir. I also listen to soft emo like some songs by Northstar, Dashboard Confessional, and Brand New. Bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Atryeu get caught in between the two. However the past few months I've been listening to really sad and depressing music. Don't know why, but I enjoy it in some weird way.

rocks ok, but hiphops better, it incorporates alot more differenty types of instruments and the beat is just dammmm nice :lol:

Back