music taste & age - Page 2

--
Boots

February 2nd, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Basically anything as long as it isn't satanic, goth, punk, and heavy metal.
February 2nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
Basically anything as long as it isn't satanic, goth, punk, and heavy metal.
wow...just boring stuff then huh?
February 2nd, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Country has great songs about the military. Also a little classical never went wrong with the ladies.
--
Boots
February 2nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

ltes go a lil high fidality here;

top five groups/albums

shihad - killjoy
greenday - american idiot
the music - welcome to the north
RATM - Battle for los angeles
Rancid - and out come the wolves
February 2nd, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Or you can go Mozart-Pachbel Canon in D, Piano Sonata #8 in A minor, or Bach-Air on a g string.
February 3rd, 2005  
pimp_squeak

musical taste: just about anything. I'm rather eclectic but i prefer ska and reggae. I listen to alot of punkish music too...and emo. My fave bands are Five Iron Frenzy, Planet Smashers, U2(their older stuff, from joshua tree especially), rufio, taking back sunday, older AFI, weezer. I listen to some classical, I love Pachabel's Cannon. My dad's into country, which isn't something I'm really into, I ahte my brother's taste in music as well, it's all electronica and hardcore whiteboy rap. When I was younger I was into grunge and metal.
February 3rd, 2005  
Locke

chewie, did shihad change thier name back again? is there any truth to the rumour that they were asked to change thier name after september 11 bc it sounded too much like jiihad. cuz they were pacifier for a whlie weren't they?
February 3rd, 2005  
r031Button

I'm 18 and I'm into alot of indy rock, garage rock and emo. Favourites artists being Auf Der Maur, the Hives, The Smashing Pumpkins, Old Offspring, Nirvanna, The Stokes, the Constattines, Bad Religion, the Planet Smashers....soem more but I can't think of them.
February 3rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
chewie, did shihad change thier name back again? is there any truth to the rumour that they were asked to change thier name after september 11 bc it sounded too much like jiihad. cuz they were pacifier for a whlie weren't they?
yup you're spot on. they even appoligised to the fans. they weren't asked to change the name but the thought it would be prudent as they had a new album out in the US due not long after.
there was alot of bitching about it, but i found it funny when they chose "pacifier" as the new name. cause who needs a pacifier? whingey babies. and they had to change the name to break into what market? the US hehehehe

check out this awesome story about the name change

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...3a1860,00.html
February 3rd, 2005  
Charge 7

Prolly just wanted to let us know right away from the new name that they they sucked