muscle cars

rotc boy

Well, my dream car has always been a 77-79 trans am, and i have found one for sale on craigslist for $6900.
this is the listing on the site...
trans am
and here are some pictures from the interior...
*they're big so I'm not gonna put them so they display
interior1
interior2
interior3

some of the engine....
engine1
engine2

however, it is kind of expensive...so here are some other choices

here is a 77 camaro for sale for $3000
camaro (old page)
camaro (new page)

here is a 74 Pontiac Ventura for $3800
Ventura

and here is a 69' mustang for $5000
mustang

All look pretty decent from what I can tell, anyone have personal experiences with these cars? If you were in my shoes (a junior in high school, looking to join the Marines after I graduate) which one would you go for?

and here is just a random kickass car that is way to expensive
48 ford

edit: added a link to an updated page from the camaro owner

edit2: update:
im going to buy the 74 Pontiac Ventura
I emailed the guy, hes going to hold it till the end of summer and then i shall take it off of his hands for $3000, that is unless someone offers him more for it...

He says all that needs to be done is the back seat needs to be recovered
and one of my friends dads said that i would probably want to put in new shocks to replace the air shocks...

it will be quite a change going from a 150 horsepower japanese car to a 350 horsepower American piece of art

Last edited:
rotc boy said:
it will be quite a change going from a 150 horsepower japanese car to a 350 horsepower American piece of art

nice looking car but have you thought about how much you will spend on gas if it is a daily driver?

see thats the beauty of the thing...i live about a mile down the road from the school, my work is right across the street from the school, then home is jsut a mile away...

and it gets 15-20 miles a gallon anyway...

and among my friends its pretty much understood that if your getting a ride from someone, you have to pay some money to cover gas...

what im more worried about is insurance

on another note...anyone own or have owned a motorcycle?

rotc boy said:
what im more worried about is insurance
Let's see...single male, under 25, driving something with way more power than he really needs under his right foot. I think the liability component of your insurance just tripled. ;)

As for a motorcycle...never owned one, and I'd love to get one of those BMW touring bikes, but between:
  • living in areas that are just too crowded and dangerous;
  • reading/hearing about Ben Roethlisberger (sp.?);
  • a coworker breaking her leg falling off this past weekend (and now I'm stuck covering her shifts at work this week);
  • and my own friend dumping/totaling her bike and completely messing up her leg about two years ago;
...I think I'll pass for now. :horsie:

Ben pissed me off. First of all, the dumb-fart wasn't wearing a freakin' helmet. Secondly, he was riding a motorcycle after winning the SuperBowl (meaning he's at the top of the list as far as QBs go). And thirdly, well, he was just stupid to combine #1 and #2. And your spelling is correct.

AJChenMPH said:
Let's see...single male, under 25, driving something with way more power than he really needs under his right foot. I think the liability component of your insurance just tripled. ;)

you can never have to much power!
im looking forward to the first time some punk pulls up to me in a civic lookin to race....:rambo:

and i looked at esurance (definitely not gonna be the lowest rates out there...but it was fast and easy so i just looked at a quote) and from there its gonna be 350 a month...im figuring with the insurance im gonna have now, it will be closer to 250-300...ive been driving about a year now and havent had an accident or speeding ticket or any other ticket so im hoping that may keep it kinda low...*having a radar detector definitely helps*

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Did you know detectors are illegal in MD and PA?
Since when? I was only aware of DC and VA (CT repealed their detector laws while I was in college).

Right from Wikipedia (which I know is not the most reliable source in the world):

United States law varies from state to state, but detectors are generally legal under the Communications Act of 1934. Exceptions:
  • Illegal in all vehicles: Virginia, Washington D.C., Carlsbad Caverns National Park
  • Illegal in commercial vehicles: Illinois, New York (specifically, commercial vehicles over 10,000 lb. and all vehicles over 18,000 lb.)
  • Indirectly illegal: Minnesota (illegal to hang anything from the windshield)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector

More info here: http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/radar4.html

Last edited:
rotc boy said:
you can never have to much power!
im looking forward to the first time some punk pulls up to me in a civic lookin to race....:rambo:
Which is exactly why your insurance is going to be through the roof.

The car looks like fun, but why do you want an automatic?

Last edited:
well, you cant really be a chooser when looking at older cars...i would prefer a standard, but if its gonna be an automatic, ill live

Back